Boye Mafe is a Gopher--RTB

He has the wheels, and raw strength and ability.

Bryce Paup will turn him into a football playing monster.

He looks like a great athlete. I suspect that he can add some weight to that frame too. He looks really raw too, I'll be interested to see what Bryce Paup can bring out of him.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4228608/57e71bbb5caa592b2812a89d' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very excited that we were able to add Mafe and Robinson in the last few days. Mafe to me looks like he could be a quality pass rusher one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious to see what Fleck's approach will be on red-shirting. I hope we can muster up enough depth so that we can let some guys develop more physically. Of course, if they are ready, let them play.

It was reported that Kill went after Fleck outside Hopkins High School on the day when they both happened to be visiting Mafe. At any rate, my comment wasn't meant to be taken that seriously.

It was reported that Kill went after Fleck outside Hopkins High School on the day when they both happened to be visiting Mafe. At any rate, my comment wasn't meant to be taken that seriously.

Hadn't heard that rumor.

Ok, makes sense (somewhat) now.

It was discussed here a few weeks back. Kill supposedly got in Fleck's face about something.

Must have been in one of the recruiting threads that degenerated into an EOAA discussion.

per CBS:

Boye ultimately chose to commit to Minnesota over offers from Rutgers, Wyoming, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa and South Dakota State.

He’s currently rated the No. 5 in-state prospect to-date on 247Sports own rating and No. 6 in-state on 247Sports Composite industry generated rating. Mafe holds a 3-star grading of 0.8247 on 247Sports Composite.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/breaking-mafe-commits-to-fleck-and-gophers/

Go Gophers!!

Thanks for digging up the info.

Don't start fights you can't finish. If you can't pick your opponent, pick the field of battle.

per CBS:

Boye ultimately chose to commit to Minnesota over offers from Rutgers, Wyoming, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa and South Dakota State.

He’s currently rated the No. 5 in-state prospect to-date on 247Sports own rating and No. 6 in-state on 247Sports Composite industry generated rating. Mafe holds a 3-star grading of 0.8247 on 247Sports Composite.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/breaking-mafe-commits-to-fleck-and-gophers/

Go Gophers!!

So if I'm correct we got the in state guys we wanted. 5 of top 6 in state. Gotta give Kill/Claeys credit for making the school attractive to the in state kids again

I must say that I lost respect for Kill and I was a strong Kill guy. Kill must be stressed out. If this keeps up, well, his health is going to spiral out of control again.
By the way welcome Boye!!!!

Jerry. ...Please settle in at Rutgers and quit being a pain in the ass.

So he is not suppose to use the recruiting connections and inroads that he made while at Minnesota to his advantage at Rutgers? No different than Limegrover and Brewster offering Quinn Carroll.

Top Bottom