24/7 Recruiting Ranks

Except it's only worse according to one site. And it would have been far worse had Claeys stayed.

So its only one site..........

Far worse? Big talker now that your brother fired him and he had no chance at it. Remember Fleckster sent a few packing......

I like Claeys and I like Fleck. Fleck is clearly a better recruiter (as far as ranking anyways). I'd be happy to wager against anyone that Fleck will have a better class than the 2016 class next year, rankings wise.

All about what Fleck does with the kids he has. Nothing else.

Win baby.

I like Claeys and I like Fleck. Fleck is clearly a better recruiter (as far as ranking anyways). I'd be happy to wager against anyone that Fleck will have a better class than the 2016 class next year, rankings wise.

Based on what?

The comment isn't about Coach Fleck, it's about the complete tool of an AD who made the dumas` comment in the first place to "justify" the change when all he really needed to say is we are moving in a new direction.
It is kind of ironic that we HAD to change coaches because of our low recruiting rankings and now we are ranked lower than before.
I know, I know, Fleck only had a few weeks to round up recruits so there is that, but nobody can say for certain that Claeys and his staff wouldn't have been able to bring in a similar class, because his tenure was ended before he had the chance to finalize it.
Next year, Fleck will have a chance to improve the recruiting ranking and possibly sign some highly regarded players. Time will tell and I am hoping that he can do that. Not only that, I also want to see him coach up the players and turn the U into a Big West and BIG contender every year. Ski-U-Mah!

True, it was Coyle who brought up recruiting. As well as losing in 4th Q. Does he remember Mason's collapses - and the many others?

Since the administration looks at recruiting ranks in determining your job as a head coach, I find it ironic that in 2016 they ranked us 46 under Claeys and in 2017 they ranked us 55 under Fleck.. We took a step back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're going to judge a guy who has 4 weeks to recruit vs a guy who took over for, dare I say a legendary coach who half or more of the class was already committed to? You need to heed the advice of your own screen name. Claeys had a whole year and his class was ranked last in the Big Ten when he was let go. So much for building off of last years class and that terrific 8 win season. Claeys' sub par recruiting was just one of a myriad of reasons, his low ranking in tweeting ability was the icing on the cake.

Except it's only worse according to one site. And it would have been far worse had Claeys stayed.

Until the last week or so on Rivals, GTech and Iowa sat below the Gophs with commits in the low teens. Both added commits and went by Gophs. Right now on Rivals Utah, TCU, ASU, Miss, and Cal all still sit below the Gophs, who are 49th, with commits in the low to mid teens. Heck, Vandy probably has a good chance at passing the Gophs at this point.

Having a "full" class early is no indication of how well the recruiting is going if the school is not a top 10-15 program.

Until the last week or so on Rivals, GTech and Iowa sat below the Gophs with commits in the low teens. Both added commits and went by Gophs. Right now on Rivals Utah, TCU, ASU, Miss, and Cal all still sit below the Gophs, who are 49th, with commits in the low to mid teens. Heck, Vandy probably has a good chance at passing the Gophs at this point.

Having a "full" class early is no indication of how well the recruiting is going if the school is not a top 10-15 program.

Are you denying that Minnesota has jumped roughly 20 spots in the rankings? Signing day is tomorrow genius, there won't be a lot of movement in the meantime. You can keep trying to undermine what Fleck has done in these 24 days cleaning up the recruiting mess left by Claeys, but you're just wrong.

The recruiting ranking was based on how good Minnesota kids were last year compared to this year the comparison is dumb for more than one reason.

Are you denying that Minnesota has jumped roughly 20 spots in the rankings? Signing day is tomorrow genius, there won't be a lot of movement in the meantime. You can keep trying to undermine what Fleck has done in these 24 days cleaning up the recruiting mess left by Claeys, but you're just wrong.

Never denied it, actually posted about it when it happened to the Gophs and WMU classes. Fully aware what happens tomorrow. Might want to take a look at the undecided among the top 250 and see where they've gotten offers...genius.

Since the administration looks at recruiting ranks in determining your job as a head coach, I find it ironic that in 2016 they ranked us 46 under Claeys and in 2017 they ranked us 55 under Fleck.. We took a step back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you not realize that nearly all of the top rated players were already committed to other schools when Fleck was hired? If you can say the same thing next year it will make sense. Compare apples to apples.

Do you not realize that nearly all of the top rated players were already committed to other schools when Fleck was hired? If you can say the same thing next year it will make sense. Compare apples to apples.

There's that apples to apples thing...

I'm not undermining anything Fleck has done. I like the recruits he has brought on board. I just live in reality. Claeys didn't leave a mess and putting any stock in team rankings in January (when classes haven't filled out) is absolutely idiotic.

You know, it's possible to like PJ Fleck but also live in the real world. You should try it.

There's that apples to apples thing...

You can never compare PJ to anything in the past.

Wins. . .that's unfair to PJ.
Recruiting rankings . . . that's unfair to PJ.

You must accept this fact, PJ inherited a dumpster fire. Repeat it. Live it. If facts get in the way of that narrative, go to the apples to apples thing.

I'm not undermining anything Fleck has done. I like the recruits he has brought on board. I just live in reality. Claeys didn't leave a mess and putting any stock in team rankings in January (when classes haven't filled out) is absolutely idiotic.

You know, it's possible to like PJ Fleck but also live in the real world. You should try it.

The real world says that he was dead last in recruiting with a scandal just getting started.

The real world says that he was dead last in recruiting with a scandal just getting started.

You're really not dumb enough to think team rankings before a class is filled out matter, are you? Like I get it, you love PJ and he can do no wrong, but you get that is idiotic right.

Scandal just getting started? LOL. Seriously? It seemed to be in full swing. You can't make this stuff up.

The real world is that his ONLY class was better than PJ's only class (according to the holy grail (team recruiting rankings). He also won 9 games.

I hope PJ can better than next season. I know, you can't have any expectations for PJ, it's just not fair.

Spare me Bob. You mean the real world where our recruiting class was ranked 70th nationally and dead last in the Big Ten? You mean the real world where we suffered an embarrassing sex scandal under Claeys' watch? Because that's the real world I live in. Maybe you should try it.

You're really not dumb enough to think team rankings before a class is filled out matter, are you? Like I get it, you love PJ and he can do no wrong, but you get that is idiotic right.

Scandal just getting started? LOL. Seriously? It seemed to be in full swing. You can't make this stuff up.

The real world is that his ONLY class was better than PJ's only class (according to the holy grail (team recruiting rankings). He also won 9 games.

I hope PJ can better than next season. I know, you can't have any expectations for PJ, it's just not fair.

Stop putting words in my mouth sorry I'd like to know who's on the team before making predictions. If we're going to talk about classes are we going to talk about players from that class causing the U national embarrassment or we going to ignore that. Yes, I would expect Fleck's class to be better than 45th next year I don't think anyone disagrees. If you ignore why his class was higher ranked I guess you can keep throwing it out there if that makes you feel better.

You can never compare PJ to anything in the past.

Wins. . .that's unfair to PJ.
Recruiting rankings . . . that's unfair to PJ.

You must accept this fact, PJ inherited a dumpster fire. Repeat it. Live it. If facts get in the way of that narrative, go to the apples to apples thing.

You guys must be joking. Can Gopher fans not respect Claeys for what he did here and still be supportive of the new coach? I was supportive of Claeys and thought he deserved to remain, apparently that means I am required to think he did a better job recruiting the 2017 class in the 11 months he had to focus on it than Fleck did in the 1 month he had.

Stop putting words in my mouth sorry I'd like to know who's on the team before making predictions. If we're going to talk about classes are we going to talk about players from that class causing the U national embarrassment or we going to ignore that. Yes, I would expect Fleck's class to be better than 45th next year I don't think anyone disagrees. If you ignore why his class was higher ranked I guess you can keep throwing it out there if that makes you feel better.

You're horrible at this. I didn't put any words in your mouth. I asked a question. Do you see that little squiggly thing at the sentence? That indicates that I was asking if you thought that. I'm glad you won't admit it though because it is truly idiotic. Because you are essentially are admitting that team rankings before a class fills out are meaningless. . . you can stop talking about us being dead last in recruiting. Or just keep doing it, it shows your colors.

Again, try that little squiggly thing, you asked me a question. Sure, we can talk about those players who are facing suspensions. I realized you couldn't logically argue this point with recruiting rankings and stuff. But Claeys did not recruit the EoAA members, I know they embarrassed us, but you can't really blame Claeys for that.

As to your last idiotic point, I ONLY bring up the fact that Claeys class was ranked higher (team rankings last year), because imbeciles like you bring it up to bash Claeys. It's meaningless. It's literally the worst metric to judge recruiting. It's just funny how you Fleckophiles are now running from it. I have been excited about most of our recruits with Fleck and I am not dumb enough (unlike you) to judge a class by the team rankings before they ever play.

1. The real world is that his ONLY class was better than PJ's only class (according to the holy grail (team recruiting rankings). 2. He also won 9 games.

Like talking to a 5 year old. It's really that simple, right Bob?

1. It's ok to compare Claeys' 2016 class, which he had a full year to complete and included an unusually and lucky high amount of highly rated MN kids, to Fleck's first class that he had 25 days to fill and was ranked 70th at the time he took over thanks to Claeys? Nice try, but I know even you don't believe that bs.
2. About those 9 wins... just curious. Which one got you the most excited? Was it the trophy game win over... oh wait. Was it the big win in Madis... oh wait. Oh I know, it must have been that big home win over Iowa... oh wait. Maybe it was the big win over a 6-6 Northwestern team that has you bragging about how great 2016 was for Gopher football.

Everything is black and white in Bob's world.

Spare me Bob. You mean the real world where our recruiting class was ranked 70th nationally and dead last in the Big Ten? You mean the real world where we suffered an embarrassing sex scandal under Claeys' watch? Because that's the real world I live in. Maybe you should try it.

Yep, the real world where we won 9 games.
The real world where Claeys only class was better than Fleck's only class according to your holy grail.
The real world where you pretend like the scandal was Claeys' fault.

Yep, the real world where we won 9 games.
The real world where Claeys only class was better than Fleck's only class according to your holy grail.
The real world where you pretend like the scandal was Claeys' fault.

In the real world where next year we could have played our games at Wayzata high school.

Like talking to a 5 year old. It's really that simple, right Bob?

1. It's ok to compare Claeys' 2016 class, which he had a full year to complete and included an unusually and lucky high amount of highly rated MN kids, to Fleck's first class that he had 25 days to fill and was ranked 70th at the time he took over thanks to Claeys? Nice try, but I know even you don't believe that bs.

2. About those 9 wins... just curious. Which one got you the most excited? Was it the trophy game win over... oh wait. Was it the big win in Madis... oh wait. Oh I know, it must have been that big home win over Iowa... oh wait. Maybe it was the big win over a 6-6 Northwestern team that has you bragging about how great 2016 was for Gopher football.

Everything is black and white in Bob's world.

(1) He did? Are you sure about that?

Yeah, it was a good class. I am the one that has constantly said that team rankings are an awful way to evaluate classes, because of the exact reasons you listed.

Oh, and since when was it a given that we landed all the best kids from MN. Some of the fans here have the memory of a goldfish.

(3) My favorite was probably the Holiday Bowl. Yeah, the season was without a win against Iowa or Wisconsin. Those would have been nice. I still saw the Gophers win 9 games and if that's an easy accomplishment, I should expect it every year?

Nothing is black and white in my world. Are you really this obtuse? Read carefully. . . I have ALWAYS ripped on using team rankings as a metric to judge a recruiter or recruiting class. It is why Coyle looked insanely stupid bringing that up as a reason to fire Claeys. I am ONLY bringing it up because it is ironic that Claeys' only class had a better team ranking than Fleck's only class. That isn't a rip on Fleck. Team rankings mean nothing to me. It is rip on Coyle and morons like you that can't wrap your head around that point.

In the real world where next year we could have played our games at Wayzata high school.

You're blaming Claeys for the attendance issues now? LOL. OK.

There will be a bump this year, no doubt about it, new coaches have that impact.

The only thing that will fill up our stadium is sustained success. I hope Fleck can pull that off.

Your speculation would be that Wisconsin and Nebraska fans wouldn't buy tickets if Claeys had remained the head coach?

That's pretty unsupported speculation.

Top Bottom