Mike Sherels still on GopherSports.com roster

McPeePants

Reaction score
Was looking through the roster and noticed Mike's name is still on the list of coaches: Link

Interesting. We'll see if he's added if/when a 10th assistant coach is approved.

Was looking through the roster and noticed Mike's name is still on the list of coaches: Link

Interesting. We'll see if he's added if/when a 10th assistant coach is approved.

I get the feeling that Mike Sherels is almost a medical redshirt right now.

Obviously recovering and he needs to do it to help eliminate set backs in the future. He had major, major surgery and we are grateful that he is even alive. Looking forward to seeing him in the future!

Saw that the other day as well. Would love to see them find a way to keep Sherels involved with the team as he is a great guy and his family is U of M to the core. With his medical issues will be interesting to see what he can do but I would think there has to be a role of some kind he could play.

He has a very very very serious condition. Not thinking realistically about it on a fan board is not even wishful.

Happiness to Mike in the future, but he will likely never be a position coach in the near or likely far future. It will be nearly impossible to keep on weight, and his ability to eat solid food in any quantities may be a thing of that past. He will also be one accidental collision from a fatal injury.

He just won't have the stamina.

I love the guy, but on the field coaching probably is not in his future.

He has a very very very serious condition. Not thinking realistically about it on a fan board is not even wishful.

Happiness to Mike in the future, but he will likely never be a position coach in the near or likely far future. It will be nearly impossible to keep on weight, and his ability to eat solid food in any quantities may be a thing of that past. He will also be one accidental collision from a fatal injury.

He just won't have the stamina.

I love the guy, but on the field coaching probably is not in his future.

It is lucky that Gipherhole has so many internet doctors.

Possible signature:
Knows less than Sherels' medical team.

Possible signature:

I was going to say.... does anyone actually know his condition at this point?

Or even what Mike was dealing with?

Not to get too HR specific but it is possible as an employee he is in a protected medical leave status so until he is cleared he won't be terminated or reassigned to a different/non-compliant role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to get too HR specific but it is possible as an employee he is in a protected medical leave status so until he is cleared he won't be terminated or reassigned to a different/non-compliant role.

Pretty sure I heard all the coaches after TC was laid off were getting paid for 2017 anyway.

Pretty sure I heard all the coaches after TC was laid off were getting paid for 2017 anyway.

Yes, that is my understanding also, but regardless of compensation in many circumstances an employee's status cannot change while they are on a formal medical related leave.

Yes, that is my understanding also, but regardless of compensation in many circumstances an employee's status cannot change while they are on a formal medical related leave.

Might be the case...sure seems like he would have exhausted any job protection under FMLA a while ago, unless the U has a different, more generous policy.

Might be the case...sure seems like he would have exhausted any job protection under FMLA a while ago, unless the U has a different, more generous policy.

We're on the same page, just depends how much of this time off or away was classified as leave or just discretionary time off. When I read he was still being represented as having a role my "leader of people" hat kicked in.

Possible signature:

You're an a$$. But other than that, you should learn to read a book. It's pretty easy if you try.

I've known three people with this condition, two who have some of the best medical care around, one who is dead. Their quality of life is not great. My experience with them and my ability to read medical books lead me to what I said.

You're an a$$. But other than that, you should learn to read a book. It's pretty easy if you try.

I've known three people with this condition, two who have some of the best medical care around, one who is dead. Their quality of life is not great. My experience with them and my ability to read medical books lead me to what I said.

One of us is speculating on the employability of someone we don’t know who has a health problem, one of us is not. Neither of us have any inside knowledge of that person’s condition other than he appears to want to work, presumably with the support of his doctors.

Who’s the a$$?

Top Bottom