Former Commits Trey Creamer and Raheem Layne Commit to B1G Schools

nsmike

Reaction score
Former cornerback commits Trey Creamer and Raheem Layne commit to other B1G schools. Trey Creamer commited to Iowa and Raheem Layne to Indiana. TC to Iowa hurts the most!

Bummer. Was hoping Creamer would stay with us. Neither followed Sawvel though.

When Wake pulled their offer I was hoping Layne would end up back here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Wake pulled their offer I was hoping Layne would end up back here.

I didn't know that Wake Forest had pulled their offer, but I did wonder if there was room, looking at the roster and commits.

I didn't know that Wake Forest had pulled their offer, but I did wonder if there was room, looking at the roster and commits.

Wake's offer was a "take it now or we are moving on" with a short (hours) deadline. He didn't commit, they moved on. He could have had it, but I guess wasn't sold. Wish he would have come back here.

Wake's offer was a "take it now or we are moving on" with a short (hours) deadline. He didn't commit, they moved on. He could have had it, but I guess wasn't sold. Wish he would have come back here.

I'm reading between the lines a bit, but Ja'Sir Taylor shows as committing 1/19/17, I don't remember seeing it until Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week. WF probably had his commitment in their back pocket pending Layne's decision.

Why are people disappointed about any of these guys committing elsewhere, especially this year. With a coaching change, we have no idea who they worked hard to keep, who they encouraged to look elsewhere, etc. What we do know is we landed a higher rated defensive back the previous staff was recruiting and hadn't committed here yet, saw a couple of other kids who had committed to the previous staff are now going elsewhere, and a few of those who had committed to the previous staff shared they were encouraged by the new staff to go elsewhere. So, for those in the middle, such as Craemer and Layne, we don't know if they chose to leave, were encouraged to leave, or were just disappointed to see they were not really a top priority of the new staff.

Whatever happened with each of these recruits, it's difficult to get too worried about it.

Why are people disappointed about any of these guys committing elsewhere, especially this year. With a coaching change, we have no idea who they worked hard to keep, who they encouraged to look elsewhere, etc. What we do know is we landed a higher rated defensive back the previous staff was recruiting and hadn't committed here yet, saw a couple of other kids who had committed to the previous staff are now going elsewhere, and a few of those who had committed to the previous staff shared they were encouraged by the new staff to go elsewhere. So, for those in the middle, such as Craemer and Layne, we don't know if they chose to leave, were encouraged to leave, or were just disappointed to see they were not really a top priority of the new staff.

Whatever happened with each of these recruits, it's difficult to get too worried about it.
I'd be with you on any other position group but, the previous staff, did know how to find and develp defensive backfield talent.

I'd be with you on any other position group but, the previous staff, did know how to find and develp defensive backfield talent.

I agree, and that still doesn't mean the new staff agreed with them on each of their offers. Obviously they did with a few they kept recruiting, and we know they told some others to look elsewhere because kids shared that. These two? Who knows what type of priority they were or weren't for the new staff.

Why are people disappointed about any of these guys committing elsewhere, especially this year. With a coaching change, we have no idea who they worked hard to keep, who they encouraged to look elsewhere, etc. What we do know is <b>we landed a higher rated defensive back </b>the previous staff was recruiting and hadn't committed here yet, saw a couple of other kids who had committed to the previous staff are now going elsewhere, and a few of those who had committed to the previous staff shared they were encouraged by the new staff to go elsewhere. So, for those in the middle, such as Craemer and Layne, <b>we don't know if they chose to leave, were encouraged to leave, or were just disappointed to see they were not really a top priority of the new staff.</b>

Douglas is coming as a WR. And the new coaches went in-home to Layne and allowed Creamer to commit after an official visit. Pretty sure they wanted both those guys.

I agree that DB has been a spot that the previous staff did well with but just because they were recruiting a DB doesn't mean the kid was destined for success here. They have had their share of misses as well over the past few years in the defensive backfield.

That said, the fact that both of these guys landed with other BIG schools means they might have been pretty solid but you never really know in recruiting.

Douglas is coming as a WR. And the new coaches went in-home to Layne and allowed Creamer to commit after an official visit. Pretty sure they wanted both those guys.

We don't really know what they wanted or not with Layne and Creamer was my point, and you may be right. I wasn't referencing Douglas, but Handy-Holly.

We don't really know what they wanted or not with Layne and Creamer was my point, and you may be right. I wasn't referencing Douglas, but Handy-Holly.

Gotcha on HH. Agree there.

Top Bottom