Malcolm Robinson Jr. committs

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Whoops, one too many t's on commits, sorry.

Nice get! Hopefully we can get Mafe as well.

I remember watching him at an OH HS tournament. He is really dominant tackler!!!

http://247sports.com/Player/Malcolm-Robinson-89011

Awesome. Purdue, Boston College, Virginia were other P5 offers. Glad to see we're starting to build a pipeline to Massillon.

In the words of a famous philosopher who called MN home, "let's get that pipeline hot!"

Great last minute addition. I'm sure fleck and Warinner will be spending plenty of time at Massillon in the next few years.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Whoops, one too many t's on commits, sorry.

Our graphics people really need to get these guys some pics ... after they photoshop the green screen shoots...

he should be the last available spot. I see the Gophs had 3 early enrollees thats 3 against last year and this would be 28, they have a soft verbal that they will not take now. I could be wrong but this is 28 for the class and 3 count for last year. But I have only had one cup of coffee

he should be the last available spot. I see the Gophs had 3 early enrollees thats 3 against last year and this would be 28, they have a soft verbal that they will not take now. I could be wrong but this is 28 for the class and 3 count for last year. But I have only had one cup of coffee

I think Creamer is gone (the soft commit).

I am hoping that is Mafe.

So will he play DT? I see 24-7 has him listed as an OG too.

So are we assuming that Thayer Munford is not on the table? Wouldn't teammates help the situation?

So are we assuming that Thayer Munford is not on the table? Wouldn't teammates help the situation?

We were never really in the mix for Munford. Dont think Ohio State would put as much effort as they have if they didn't want him.

So will he play DT? I see 24-7 has him listed as an OG too.

I believe DT is the position he's being recruited to play. Depth at that position is sorely lacking. Youngest DT on the roster is a RS Junior and he can graduate after this coming season.

5095511.jpg

Wholly guacamole PJ Fleck!

We need some chips for our dip!

I believe DT is the position he's being recruited to play. Depth at that position is sorely lacking. Youngest DT on the roster is a RS Junior and he can graduate after this coming season.

5095511.jpg

I knew we were going to be thin at DT after next year, but never realized it was quite that dire until looking at your spreadsheet.

I knew we were going to be thin at DT after next year, but never realized it was quite that dire until looking at your spreadsheet.

Yeah I think it'll be a primary focus of the 2018 class as well.

Very interesting spread sheet. I was kind of hoping that Silver would be able to red shirt so that he could learn the system, get stronger etc. Looks as though we may have to throw him out in the fire.

Obviously a concern there but I'm gonna ask a weird question....

How much does it matter?

I recall Claeys noting that great defensive linemen are so hard to come by that you basically take what you can get there and focus on linebackers. He noted that this is because good DL recruits are super rare and the top tier teams get almost all of them.

Accordingly if we're just throwing warm bodies there anyway, not sure a lot of them is more valuable.

Very interesting spread sheet. I was kind of hoping that Silver would be able to red shirt so that he could learn the system, get stronger etc. Looks as though we may have to throw him out in the fire.

I'm not sure how Paup/Smith will do their rotation, but 2 deep at each tackle position is enough to handle most of the snaps, barring any injuries. I don't think Silver red-shirts though specifically because I think we need at least 5 capable bodies who we can throw in to be effective and he has the most experience of the incoming tackles.

That grid is confusing because McLaurin and Silver should be listed with their graduating class; it makes the class balance at DT look a lot emptier than it really is.

That grid is confusing because McLaurin and Silver should be listed with their graduating class; it makes the class balance at DT look a lot emptier than it really is.

I agree. I didn't make the spreadsheet, but all incoming players from the 2017 recruiting class are listed in that column regardless of their age/year. Kyle Goblirsch maintains it.

Top Bottom