13th place

13th place. That's where we sit right now. Yes Richard, a lot of teams in the conference wish they were us. LOL!

Believe the 96 team went on a nice run to end the season. Don't see that here.

I expect to see empty seats at the Barn for upcoming home games. I don't see how season ticket holders can want anyone to be subjected to this fiasco.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

There are some hot takes here. Wish people would at least come back and admit when they were wrong. Instead of hiding with their tail in-between their legs

Oh, and dpoll...did you hear the comment at the end by the ESPN announcer referencing the 97 team...

Feels so damn good to call out all these bipolar Gopher fans for jumping ship so early in the season.

I'll say the way we lost those games made me come back for more. I'll also admit I thought we would finish .500 at best in conference, and likely 8-10 or 7-11, and need to show up in the BIG tourney for an NCAA bid. Glad I was wrong, this has been a lot of fun.

Worst mistakes in Gopher Bball history:

-Jim Dutcher doesn't dismiss Mitch Lee. No Madison if he does that?
-Clem Haskins doesn't dismiss Russ Archambault: No Jan G; Khalid Al-Amin doesn't get cold cocked by Russ and joins the team?

There are some hot takes here. Wish people would at least come back and admit when they were wrong. Instead of hiding with their tail in-between their legs

Oh, and dpoll...did you hear the comment at the end by the ESPN announcer referencing the 97 team...

Meh - foliage was being a ******, especially given how we lost. I can't blame scools for being negative at that point. And Ewert was right.

Worst mistakes in Gopher Bball history:

-Jim Dutcher doesn't dismiss Mitch Lee. No Madison if he does that?
-Clem Haskins doesn't dismiss Russ Archambault: No Jan G; Khalid Al-Amin doesn't get cold cocked by Russ and joins the team?

I remember Archambault being a punk, but I guess I'm too young to remember those transgressions. If we had El Amin who knows what would've happened. Hard to say how the rest would unfold... just likely would have been better than what did unfold.

You and Wally got me. I was wrong. You guys should be pretty proud of yourself. I WAS WRONG!! You two called me out. Congrats. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember Haskins missing out on El-Amin and that kid that went to Boston College, I mean, BOSTON COLLEGE for heaven's sake!! Man that was frustrating, and at that time, even UConn wasn't all that impressive.

In the moment, I really hated that Archambault kid and was so damned disappointed that Clem somehow screwed up the El-Amin recruitment. But in retrospect, had Clem passed on Archambault and if that would have been the difference in getting El-Amin, we would have been better in 98 & 99, but if Clem was cheating, how much longer might it have gone on? Even without Russ, this is still Minnesota, we do not have a cheating mentality here in Minnesota, we do not have a culture that would cover up and hide cheating, it would have come out eventually, and if we had been as successful as I image we could have been with El-Amin, that would have been that much more the NCAA would have had to strip from the program. It sure in the heck would have been fun to watch, but knowing Clem was cheating makes it hard to wish things had gone differently.

Meh - foliage was being a ******, especially given how we lost. I can't blame scools for being negative at that point. And Ewert was right.

Ewart said we weren't winning more than 6 games. And then when we start winning, he is nowhere to be found.

I remember Haskins missing out on El-Amin and that kid that went to Boston College, I mean, BOSTON COLLEGE for heaven's sake!! Man that was frustrating, and at that time, even UConn wasn't all that impressive.

In the moment, I really hated that Archambault kid and was so damned disappointed that Clem somehow screwed up the El-Amin recruitment. But in retrospect, had Clem passed on Archambault and if that would have been the difference in getting El-Amin, we would have been better in 98 & 99, but if Clem was cheating, how much longer might it have gone on? Even without Russ, this is still Minnesota, we do not have a cheating mentality here in Minnesota, we do not have a culture that would cover up and hide cheating, it would have come out eventually, and if we had been as successful as I image we could have been with El-Amin, that would have been that much more the NCAA would have had to strip from the program. It sure in the heck would have been fun to watch, but knowing Clem was cheating makes it hard to wish things had gone differently.
Troy Bell

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You and Wally got me. I was wrong. You guys should be pretty proud of yourself. I WAS WRONG!! You two called me out. Congrats. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL +1

I think it's fair for fans to express statements that are less than enthusiastic in the midst of 5-game losing streaks. It's also fair to say that everyone on this board is very excited about the current state of Gopher Nation, regardless of prior **negative posts... we're all Gopher fans aren't we?? Negativity shaming in the midst of a lot of fun.. LOL

I think these posts are hilarious because nobody ever really gets called out for being hopelessly and foolishly optimistic. I know a Twins fan who every single season states that the Twins will win at least 90 games. He's saying it this year too. Should he be shamed? No, but it's foolishly optimistic.

I'm glad that everyone is enjoying the ride, regardless of their previous takes.

I don't want to scroll through and see if I had a hot take, but I was pretty down on the team at this time, so I'll come here and admit I was dead wrong. I certainly thought some of these things.

Never look back. Hakuna Matata!!

I'm pretty sure my preseason prediction was pretty homer-like.

LOL +1

I think it's fair for fans to express statements that are less than enthusiastic in the midst of 5-game losing streaks. It's also fair to say that everyone on this board is very excited about the current state of Gopher Nation, regardless of prior **negative posts... we're all Gopher fans aren't we?? Negativity shaming in the midst of a lot of fun.. LOL

I think these posts are hilarious because nobody ever really gets called out for being hopelessly and foolishly optimistic. I know a Twins fan who every single season states that the Twins will win at least 90 games. He's saying it this year too. Should he be shamed? No, but it's foolishly optimistic.

I'm glad that everyone is enjoying the ride, regardless of their previous takes.

I don't want to scroll through and see if I had a hot take, but I was pretty down on the team at this time, so I'll come here and admit I was dead wrong. I certainly thought some of these things.

You can call me out for being overly optimistic! Thought the Vikings would magically find a way to continue through their injury ravished season when they were 5-0. I still have confidence the Wolves will go on a little run and get the 8th seed in the West. :)

Sorry to anyone I 'called out' - nothing wrong with realism and a level headed post. We all get too high when we win and too low when we lose. It's fun to bust people's chops a little. It's the posters that only are around when we lose that are annoying. I avoid this site for a few days after a loss because it's unbearable at times. I have almost 100% certainty that if we lose to wisconsin, or the first game of the BTT, or the first game of the NCAA - there will be at least 1 person claiming we were overrated or the season was a letdown. When in reality this has been one heck of season, no matter what the future holds!

You can call me out for being overly optimistic! Thought the Vikings would magically find a way to continue through their injury ravished season when they were 5-0. I still have confidence the Wolves will go on a little run and get the 8th seed in the West. :)

Sorry to anyone I 'called out' - nothing wrong with realism and a level headed post. We all get too high when we win and too low when we lose. It's fun to bust people's chops a little. It's the posters that only are around when we lose that are annoying. I avoid this site for a few days after a loss because it's unbearable at times. I have almost 100% certainty that if we lose to wisconsin, or the first game of the BTT, or the first game of the NCAA - there will be at least 1 person claiming we were overrated or the season was a letdown. When in reality this has been one heck of season, no matter what the future holds!

No problem with level headed realism. We actually have a lot of that on this board. Big problem with borderline bitter and cynical trolling not based in reality, like we had a few of after every win. When someone sees wins and improvement on the court that we all see and continues to predict a winless rest of the season, that isn't level headed realism. It's trolling.

Top Bottom