13th place

Mn foliage

Banned
Reaction score
That's where we sit right now. Yes Richard, a lot of teams in the conference wish they were us. LOL!

I still see this team as similar to the '96 team. They have to learn how to put their foot down when they have the lead. So far they haven't figured it out.

I still see this team as similar to the '96 team. They have to learn how to put their foot down when they have the lead. So far they haven't figured it out.

Believe the 96 team went on a nice run to end the season. Don't see that here.

The gophers just can't finish out close games. We are lacking a superstar go to guy. It should he Mason and next year it may be Coffey. But we are playing young and nervous at the end of games. We are also a very different team with lynch on the floor and with him on the bench

Is Richard still proud of his guys though? I mean, Maryland only made a couple more plays than us.

Murphy and to a lesser extent Mason down the stretch killed us.

A lot of dip****s on here will talk about not running set plays and not putting the team in spots to win. But I'm unsure what else Pitino could have done against the #1 team in the conference hitting threes like they were.

What looked like a questionable and one call, a missed free throw, a lose ball on a good defensive stand and then a turnover, that's the game.

Edit: forgot Coffey turnover as well. Cannot remember where that was in that sequence.

I expect to see empty seats at the Barn for upcoming home games. I don't see how season ticket holders can want anyone to be subjected to this fiasco.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I was wrong about 5 in a row but i still think this team makes the NCAA'S. The concern is again about giving up 59 in the 2nd half at home. THE points allowed defense is horrific. I am not campaigning for 49-48 games although winning that way is better than losing but you have to pay attention to how often do you lose when you give up 60,70 or 80. You will never recruit like a blue blood where you can score 90 give up 80 and win those types of games . Poor programs building up and sustaining that have done it by playing great defense. The Gophers are really easy to score on. That has to change. The offense is plenty good enough.

A lot of dip****s on here will talk about not running set plays and not putting the team in spots to win. But I'm unsure what else Pitino could have done against the #1 team in the conference hitting threes like they were.

What looked like a questionable and one call, a missed free throw, a lose ball on a good defensive stand and then a turnover, that's the game.

Both teams shot well from 3 point range but Maryland made two more then we did and had fewer misses....61% from 3 point range is insane.

This Gopher team is so close to breaking through anyone that is giving up on this squad is crazy. They are playing tight with pretty much everyone and they just haven't figured out how to make the plays late in the game to get the win. Murphy just flat out losing the ball was a killer.

It's not like they got beat by Rutgers. Maryland is a very good team so while it is disappointing as always to come up short it was still a strong effort. When this team finally puts it all together there is a chance for something really special to happen, even though some in here have a hard time seeing it.

"You can wish in one hand and crap in the other. See which one gets full first." Burgess Meredith in Grumpy Old Men.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We made it through the most difficult portion of our schedule. Much more managible moving forward. Not to mention that two teams that we haven't seen yet (Nebraska and Indiana) both have some significant injury concerns. Still plenty of wins left on the schedule.

I am a long time season ticket holder and will continue to go to every game. Yes, they lack a closer , were horrible on D and make too many mistakes to win at the end. They do however have talent and I hope they put together a run.

Both teams shot well from 3 point range but Maryland made two more then we did and had fewer misses....61% from 3 point range is insane.

This Gopher team is so close to breaking through anyone that is giving up on this squad is crazy. They are playing tight with pretty much everyone and they just haven't figured out how to make the plays late in the game to get the win. Murphy just flat out losing the ball was a killer.

It's not like they got beat by Rutgers. Maryland is a very good team so while it is disappointing as always to come up short it was still a strong effort. When this team finally puts it all together there is a chance for something really special to happen, even though some in here have a hard time seeing it.

Watch what you say about Rutgers. Might not be an easy game for the Gophs.

Edit: forgot Coffey turnover as well. Cannot remember where that was in that sequence.

Start by not having the ball in the hands of Murph, near the top of the key when you must score. Mason, Springs, Amir would have been better choices, no?

One bright spot......the Gophers helped Maryland keep pace with Wisconsin. Maybe the Terps can keep the conference title out of the Badgers' hands. :(

Marylands two 3 point shooters went 10 for 12 against our top rated 3 point percentage defense. Sometimes things like that happen and unfortunately it was against us...

Start by not having the ball in the hands of Murph, near the top of the key when you must score. Mason, Springs, Amir would have been better choices, no?

I could find a first full of posters who've scorned each of those players in late game situations.

A one on one is a good shot in late game situations. He got a one on one.

The game long offense was good enough to win. The defense giving up 59 at home in the 2nd half is deplorable.

I could find a first full of posters who've scorned each of those players in late game situations.

A one on one is a good shot in late game situations. He got a one on one.

Uh he fumbled the ball out of bounds I believe.

Those other three are much more likely to have success in that situation no?

The game long offense was good enough to win. The defense giving up 59 at home in the 2nd half is deplorable.

How does Rick Pitino not tell his coach to mix up defenses? Man to man absolutely killed us!!

How does Rick Pitino not tell his coach to mix up defenses? Man to man absolutely killed us!!
Well according to him, "he doesn't like coaching during the game."

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yep. 2nd half was absolutely absurd how Lil' Ricky kept getting burned by high pick & roll and didn't do a dam thing about it.

Gopher go into every game down 6 points when matched up against the better coaches in the B10.

That parallel has a serious flaw in that the '96 team had Bobby Jackson coming back for what turned out to be a Big Ten Player of the Year season in '97. We don't have anywhere near that quality of player on this roster, nor do I expect us to have that player on next year's roster either, especially as a go-to scorer. That's the guy we need to take the next step, and without him I'm afraid we won't do it.

I hope they're not like the '96 team at all. It would be nice if the results from this season actually counted.

Top Bottom