***OFFICIAL MARYLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Couldn't think of one, huh? Maybe because if Coffey were to transfer from Minnesota, he'd be the first elite recruit and starter to ever do that. So maybe give it a rest. Not every loss here on out has to be followed by "Coffey's gonna transfer!! I don't know any inside info but I'll keep bringing it up!"
So you decided to confuse our recruiting ineptitude with projecting thoughts and regrets that Amir Coffey would be having about going to dad's school to play hoops when his sister got to go to Northwestern and not have to bear the family burden of being a Golden Gopher? Excellent misunderstanding and lack of empathy for the player.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

So you decided to confuse our recruiting ineptitude with projecting thoughts and regrets that Amir Coffey would be having about going to dad's school to play hoops when his sister got to go to Northwestern and not have to bear the family burden of being a Golden Gopher? Excellent misunderstanding and lack of empathy for the player.

Since when are we inept at recruiting? Playing at dad's school is a burden?

It has to get to the point where the players says I'm done with this ****

Maybe the coach has to get better- I'm sure he does. But the players on the floor might just have something to do with it. If anyone leaves- it's Murphy- something is off there.

Since when are we inept at recruiting? Playing at dad's school is a burden?
You've never felt the expecations of being a legacy....

And Chris did not have a year somewhere else to Prep and is winning at a much tougher place to win. Can not count Gard as he inherited a boatload of success that he played a large part in building as the lead recruiter, game opponent scout and prep. Further UW would not trade him for any of the three or 4 year guys in the conference. Coyle would trade Pitino for him today. That is not the issue. Pitino will be here next year and will get to the tourney this year. My question is will he ever get to where they win the conference and contend for it every year . 19-44 is atrocious when you consider how many are kicked away with poor defense. He can not help shots go in except in the way that an offense is designed to produce quality looks. He is pretty good at that but defense in ppg is not acceptable.

That is such a dumb response that I am not even going to bother engaging you anymore on this. You obviously know what Amir and his dad think. Hell, they probably even tell you so you can post it all on Gopherhole. :rolleyes:

That is such a dumb response that I am not even going to bother engaging you anymore on this. You obviously know what Amir and his dad think. Hell, they probably even tell you so you can post it all on Gopherhole. :rolleyes:
No, I know a hell of a lot more than you about misplaced family expectations on the son by the father, and how sons want to get out from under them and establish their own identity.

Chris Collins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really the same. NW may be Collins' first head coaching job but Collins was an assistant coach for 16 years with 13 of those years being an assistant to Coach K at Duke. Also, unlike Pitino Jr., Collins played the game at a very high level.

Coffey is not transferring anywhere. Gophers are going into a very favorable portion of the schedule. Fans are not blind but now is not the time to jump ship. They are college kids. The time to watch them grow and learn is now. Losing is disappointing but much more so for a player and the coaching staff. I was a guest at practice this past week and i like what i see. Tighten up the defense, that is very fixable and winning will follow.

No, I know a hell of a lot more than you about misplaced family expectations on the son by the father, and how sons want to get out from under them and establish their own identity.

And yet another dumb response. You know very little about me and nothing about my family background. Make giant assumptions ever? :rolleyes:

And yet another dumb response. You know very little about me and nothing about my family background. Make giant assumptions ever? :rolleyes:
I hope your look in the mirror helped, because you started with assumptions about me. I was just willing to pull back the curtain a bit to let you see if your assumptions were correct.

Coffey is not transferring anywhere. Gophers are going into a very favorable portion of the schedule. Fans are not blind but now is not the time to jump ship. They are college kids. The time to watch them grow and learn is now. Losing is disappointing but much more so for a player and the coaching staff. I was a guest at practice this past week and i like what i see. Tighten up the defense, that is very fixable and winning will follow.

A lot of folks are stating the schedule is much more favorable. It may be however the game still need to be played. And played much better to win.

No one thought Donald Trump would be elected President either.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Transferring probably doesn't make sense for Coffey because there's a solid chance he could go pro after his sophomore season.

Transferring probably doesn't make sense for Coffey because there's a solid chance he could go pro after his sophomore season.
Don't try to reason with Ewert. He just had a sit down with Amir and Richard Coffey after the game. They told Ewert to start spreading rumors on Gopherhole that he will likely be transferring at the end of the year. Got it? :p

Did anyone catch the part where the ref tried to start the play by bouncing the ball to the Maryland player standinin the middle of the backcourt rather than handing it to the player on the sideline?

what was that??

Did anyone catch the part where the ref tried to start the play by bouncing the ball to the Maryland player standinin the middle of the backcourt rather than handing it to the player on the sideline?

what was that??

Saw it, the body builder did it-very odd. Lousy crew today- we got ripped off on a number of calls.

I'd say the chance at this point is less than 50%. While he has definite skills, he doesn't have an NBA strength yet or NBA explosiveness at this point. He's also a .269 three point shooter. There are multiple areas that need improvement. He has a pretty good handle, but it's not as good as Evan Turner's handle was in college and Turner has had a pretty underwhelming NBA career.

Hope Muss doesn't do the thumps up in pictures too. I hear that stresses a lot of people out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a buddy in Las Vegas. He said Nevada is the talk of the town versus UNLV. Muss with the pre-game show and his team is packing them in. Yup, he is a tad querky. Was adorned with a bow tie yesterday. What amazes me he is doing this with a short roster.

Top Bottom