***OFFICIAL MARYLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

One of these teams will play in the NCAA tournament.

Toast. I'm so effing sick of these guys gagging away opportunity after opportunity. Off to the NIT we go.

Not elite

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

As a casual basketball fan, it's hard to say that I will be scheduling a weekend day around this again.

Same issues, game after game.

This is why the 2nd deck is only 2/3 full.

Yep, I purposely went to the gym and bought groceries to avoid the same disappointment. Got home in time to see the last 5 minutes - wished I stayed at the store 5 minutes longer.

No more talk of NCAA's. Just win a freaking game.

3-1 to 3-6 probably 3-7. People laughed when that looked like a real possibility after the Penn St loss. This is just another mediocre team in a down year for the B1G.

Jordan Murphy should not be on the floor in the closing minutes of any close game. Makes horrible decisions with the basketball, and if by some act of God he ends up shooting free-throws, he is lucky to make 1/2. I know Lynch fouled out so the frontcourt options are limited, but man you don't want Jordan Murphy handling the ball in crunch-time.

1. Inability of Reggie Lynch to not foul out.
2. Missing enough free throws every game to make a difference.
3. Inability to play effective defense at crunch time.
4. Key turnovers down the stretch.
5. Inability of the coach to coach this team to close out a game, even at home.

Only Rutgers is keeping us from being on the bottom of the conference. Sound familiar?

Murphy clutch stretch - missed free throw, foul, lose ball out of bound - game over

F this. They have no idea how to win a close game.

Team doesn't know how to close out a game. And it's not because their young.

They let Herter sit there shooting that corner 3. Come up and hammer him on the 3. Even if you get the foul you make the kid hear footsteps.

Jordan Murphy should not be on the floor in the closing minutes of any close game. Makes horrible decisions with the basketball, and if by some act of God he ends up shooting free-throws, he is lucky to make 1/2. I know Lynch fouled out so the frontcourt options are limited, but man you don't want Jordan Murphy handling the ball in crunch-time.

This...and he is totally unaware on defense, which leads to wide-open layups and 3s.

So glad I held strong and followed through with my decision not to watch. Won't be watching until this streak ends. Too frustrating and upsetting.

F this. They have no idea how to win a close game.

Team doesn't know how to close out a game. And it's not because their young.

Odds on Pitino being here next year?

Maryland 7 for 9 from 3 second half - soft hedge on screen every time gets Maryland guards layup/foul or pass to open shooter - didn't see hard hedge on screen adjustment...

I believe they've had the lead at half in 4 or 5 of the losses. Allowed 59 frickin points in the 2nd half. Same thing it has been: great stretches at times, then some really bad ones. I get this is a young team, but there are still way too many bad decisions being made.

I'm not going to agree with everything on your list, but certainly there are many reasons we lost today's game.

Maryland ran pick and rolls where their player waltzed right down the lane untouched the entire second half. Either we never practiced to stop it or the players failed to execute defensively against it.

Today was a team loss from coaches down to players.

Odds on Pitino being here next year?

I don't think he'll get fired as he's developed relationships with the top local recruits in upcoming classes. No shot at landing Thompson, Jones, Hurt etc. if Pitino's ousted. Having a new coach start from square one with those guys would not be good. I think Pitino has one more year of leeway.

Another question: is Coffey on the team next year or does he dive into draft? Huge impact on team and recruiting next year.

I'm not going to agree with everything on your list, but certainly there are many reasons we lost today's game.

Maryland ran pick and rolls where their player waltzed right down the lane untouched the entire second half. Either we never practiced to stop it or the players failed to execute defensively against it.

Today was a team loss from coaches down to players.

I'm an admitted basketball novice....none the less, it is frustrating.

Murphy and Hurt did this team in down the stretch

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Murphy and Hurt did this team in down the stretch

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hurt, down the stretch? He wasn't even in the game but for that one turnover mid-2nd half.

Pitino may never win consistently in the Big Ten conference, 65 points in the second half, can't expect to win when that happens, this game wasn't lost at the end.

Top Bottom