***OFFICIAL MARYLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Thank goodness for Springs keeping us in that is about all I can say

True freshman PG. I wouldn't be holding out hope the PG is the savior. Besides it's a pretty seasoned team this year. Plenty of guys who have played plenty of minutes.

Mason and mcbrayer & Murphy experience is of the worst season in gopher history - Coffey, curry , hurt, lynch, springs are all new to playing on team this year - pitino is young and learning , he fixed a lot of things this off season and hopefully he grows from the close loses this year - we've had a heck of a schedule so far and let's see how the season finishes out

At least we have a few very winnable games coming up vs the likes of Illinois and Rutgers (and Iowa), so hopefully we can stop the bleeding

Lol at the goofballs who want Pitino gone. This team is lightyears ahead of where they were last year and are competing with the top class of the B1G. No one came into this season with any expectations about being a B1G championship caliber team. This team is young and needs time to mature. Its asinine to be calling for Pitinos head.

People need to stop with how young the Gophers are. Maryland was younger.

No chance Coffey transfers, absolutely none.

Guys....Coffey had a huge turnover in the second
Yeah, it was the kind of thing that happens when you try to make something happen for the team during crunch time. No one else was making that effort, so he tried to take charge. I don't fault Amir for that.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Well it looks like I didn't miss anything. I was going to watch it as I missed the live broadcast but when I went to btn2go and clicked replay, it started from the end of the game. :mad: So What happened??

Well there's a reason Maryland is now 19 - 2. Very solid team. The Gophers just don't have the same level of talent. Justin Jackson is such a stud for a freshman. Yes they could have won this game but the defensive play (not guarding the screen and roll and defending enough in the corners) in the 2nd half doomed them. NIT bound I agree. Why can't Jordan make two FT's in a row? It's not that hard.

Well it looks like I didn't miss anything. I was going to watch it as I missed the live broadcast but when I went to btn2go and clicked replay, it started from the end of the game. :mad: So What happened??
Same *bleep!* Different day

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

No, but I think he will seriously consider transferring if Pitino stays. The second half swoons and Pitino saying things like "I don't like coaching during the game" have to make Dad wonder about this program.

Why stop there? Why not say you think the entire team will transfer away? :rolleyes:

Stop talking out of your ass. Most people are upset & disappointed enough without your bulls#!t. (And I say this as someone who thinks Pitino is in over his head and will likely be fired in the near future.)

Same *bleep!* Different day

Great atmosphere again @ the barn but same collapse at the end. You could see the relentless bitching that Turgeron did starting with about 10 minutes left In the game. He worked one of the refs pointing out the foul calls were 10-2 at that point. There is no doubt there were some make up calls after that because by the 5 minute mark we had 10 fouls. I know that is NOT why they lost because you could see them making poor decisions on O and not covering # 4- refuse to use his name, as he drained 3 after 3. If you watch MD play for a few minutes you know he is a 3 point expert. Springs guarded him first and then they switched Coffey on him but he still had to many open looks. We do not have a closer and Lynch is still reaching and lunging to get stupid fouls. Frustrating loss but hopefully they can get back on track.

Why stop there? Why not say you think the entire team will transfer away? :rolleyes:

Stop talking out of your ass. Most people are upset & disappointed enough without your bulls#!t. (And I say this as someone who thinks Pitino is in over his head and will likely be fired in the near future.)
Because this is the caustic situation this program had historically been in. We drive away premier or elite players by trying to keep the current version of it alive too long. Players who know their value go where they will be treated well and have excellent chances to showcase their talents.

The whole team won't transfer, only the players who are valuable to other programs or who have a problem with the coach and/or school.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

We drive away premier or elite players by trying to keep the current version of it alive too long. Players who know their value go where they will be treated well and have excellent chances to showcase their talents.

Name me one former gopher player who was a consensus top 50 (or even top 100 recruit and a starter, nonetheless) that transferred out of the program. And the player didn't leave because he was in trouble with the law, or suspended, or there was a coaching change that led to his transfer, etc. Oh, and please provide a link with proof of this player's consensus premier or elite status. I'll wait patiently.

CBS Sports Net Work covers the Mountain West. You want to watch a team the is extremely tough and smart mentally check out Nevada. Just beat New Mexico. 82-65 to go 18-4 and lead the Mountain West at 7-2. Night and day versus watching the Gophers.

CBS Sports Net Work covers the Mountain West. You want to watch a team the is extremely tough and smart mentally check out Nevada. Just beat New Mexico. 82-65 to go 18-4 and lead the Mountain West at 7-2. Night and day versus watching the Gophers.

Musselman or Peterson? Which name are you emailing to the AD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch how Maryland hedged the pick and roll hard at the top of the key and forced the dribbler to go around or turn back vs the goghers soft hedging - difference in the game.

Name me one former gopher player who was a consensus top 50 (or even top 100 recruit and a starter, nonetheless) that transferred out of the program. And the player didn't leave because he was in trouble with the law, or suspended, or there was a coaching change that led to his transfer, etc. Oh, and please provide a link with proof of this player's consensus premier or elite status. I'll wait patiently.
Do you want me to provide proof of someone not going to a dumpster fire because they didn't want to get burned, too?

Mason and mcbrayer & Murphy experience is of the worst season in gopher history - Coffey, curry , hurt, lynch, springs are all new to playing on team this year - pitino is young and learning , he fixed a lot of things this off season and hopefully he grows from the close loses this year - we've had a heck of a schedule so far and let's see how the season finishes out

Any other coaches in the big ten doing on the job training?

Do you want me to provide proof of someone not going to a dumpster fire because they didn't want to get burned, too?

Couldn't think of one, huh? Maybe because if Coffey were to transfer from Minnesota, he'd be the first elite recruit and starter to ever do that. So maybe give it a rest. Not every loss here on out has to be followed by "Coffey's gonna transfer!! I don't know any inside info but I'll keep bringing it up!"

Nailed it. Not to mention he is a liability on D and stands out as the most commonly exposed gopher defender. Murphy should be a rotational guy who comes in, hustles, rebounds, and if he scores it should be because he got a put-back on an offensive rebound. No offense should flow through him, and for the love of god, if he ever takes another three he should be benched for the entirety of the game. Getting Oturu is great, but man, we need a JUCO who can play serviceable minutes at the 4/5 next year.

He's decent offensively, they just aren't using his skills, to have an offense that forces him out on the wing is crazy, I blame Pitino for that, he's so bad defensively that he shouldn't really being seeing much court time, he hasn't improved a bit in two years on defense, that is a concern.

Lol.....Pete for the women. Muss for the men. Both would be elite hires. Muss is an older version
of Fleck.

Hope Muss doesn't do the thumps up in pictures too. I hear that stresses a lot of people out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom