ESPN: Coach K meets with Duke players, bans locker room, can't wear Duke clothes

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, on the mend after back surgery, held a meeting at his house Tuesday night in which he informed players that they were temporarily kicked out of the locker room and also forbidden from wearing Blue Devils apparel, sources told ESPN.

Sources told ESPN that Krzyzewski has employed this tactic multiple times in the past.

"He wasn't happy," said one source close to the situation. "Especially after the loss to NC State."

Asked how long the penalties would last, a source close to the program said: "Until they start living up to the standards of the Duke program."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...rs-locker-room-forbids-wearing-school-apparel

Go Gophers!!

Wow, he's acting like the loss to NC State counts against His record... and he's pissed. I would expect some spirited floor slapping nonsense from the Duke McDonald's All Americans. What is it, 6 or 7? 8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grayson Allen tripped him as he left the meeting.

What a drama queen.

Is he, or is that what an elite program looks like?

I think that we have several elite basketball players on our team. I just don't think that they believe it yet. Elite teams find a way to win and we are not doing it right now. We go through stretches where we appear to be elite, then we do some dumb stuff at the end to lose.

I know Jim Peterson does not like the word but I think it is cool. ELITE!!!!!!!!!!!

Is he, or is that what an elite program looks like?

I think that we have several elite basketball players on our team. I just don't think that they believe it yet. Elite teams find a way to win and we are not doing it right now. We go through stretches where we appear to be elite, then we do some dumb stuff at the end to lose.

I know Jim Peterson does not like the word but I think it is cool. ELITE!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost egged Jim Pete's house last night. He made me mad.

Jim Petersen has a better basketball mind than the combined faculties of this website.

Jim Petersen has a better basketball mind than the combined faculties of this website.

Liking or disliking the word "elite" has nothing to do with someone's basketball knowledge.

No doubt about Jim's basketball IQ. The same should be said about Fleck's football IQ. Fleck has to get 85 scholarship players, 20 or so walk-ons or grey shirts, 9 assistant coaches, team managers, countless football administrators, school administrators, board of directors, the massively negative Twin Cites media, a disillusioned fan not having won the Big Ten since 1967, etc., etc., etc., to change how they act and what they do. To change the culture it has to start somewhere. So if it is Row the Boat, Elite, or whatever, I say let it be.

Words are powerful things. We have only seen part of his 200 plus vocabulary words he expects his player to use. It is the old chicken and egg thing. What comes first; elite words or elite actions. I encourage young Mr. Fleck to continue doing what he does the way he does it. 13 and 0 at any level shows the man can coach. That will come. Mr. Peterson, tells about the Wolves but please and leave our football team to Mr. Fleck.

No doubt about Jim's basketball IQ. The same should be said about Fleck's football IQ. Fleck has to get 85 scholarship players, 20 or so walk-ons or grey shirts, 9 assistant coaches, team managers, countless football administrators, school administrators, board of directors, the massively negative Twin Cites media, a disillusioned fan not having won the Big Ten since 1967, etc., etc., etc., to change how they act and what they do. To change the culture it has to start somewhere. So if it is Row the Boat, Elite, or whatever, I say let it be.

Words are powerful things. We have only seen part of his 200 plus vocabulary words he expects his player to use. It is the old chicken and egg thing. What comes first; elite words or elite actions. I encourage young Mr. Fleck to continue doing what he does the way he does it. 13 and 0 at any level shows the man can coach. That will come. Mr. Peterson, tells about the Wolves but please and leave our football team to Mr. Fleck.

Good perspective and fair points all. I guess I agree with Petersen's distaste for the term, but the guy's gotta brand himself in order to sell the product. Different topic for a different thread. Go Gophs

N.C. State

John Wooden would say that he is fairly childish. But John maybe never lost to NC St.

John lost to North Carolina State in the NCAA 1973-74 Semi-finals in Greensboro N.C.

State won the National Championship

Good perspective and fair points all. I guess I agree with Petersen's distaste for the term, but the guy's gotta brand himself in order to sell the product. Different topic for a different thread. Go Gophs

Do you think this had anything to do with him resigning from his assistant coach position?

Top Bottom