Paige Bueckers-Gopher Recruit

bball_craz_31

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/ar...-minnesota-hopkins?addata=espnw:womenbb:index

Interesting article. I can say from seeing this kid last year as an 8th grader at the state tournament, she plays well above her age. She looked more poised that some of the Juniors and Seniors did on the state tournament stage. Only Scholarship offers I know for sure is Minnesota, Illinois, and Iowa St. My guess is if the heavy hitters (UCONN, Maryland, Notre Dame, etc.) have not come knocking yet, that they are not too far away.

Although the article does claim that she is looking at same Major as Banham with Criminal Justice and stated she "loves the University of Minnesota Criminal Justice program" but I know the gophers have little to no luck with Hopkins kids lately.

The heavy hitters are very aware of Paige Bueckers. Last summer, Maryland, UConn, Tennessee, and many others watched her play multiple times. She is the real deal.

http://www.startribune.com/hopkins-...r-usa-basketball-u16-national-team/425340883/

Hopkins girls’ basketball star Paige Bueckers is among the 18 finalists selected for the 2017 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team

Bueckers, a 2017 Star Tribune All-Metro first team selection, will compete for one of 12 final roster spots that will compete in the FIBA Americas U16 Championship from June 7-11 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The final roster will be announced June 4.

The freshman guard helped lead Hopkins to the 2017 Class 4A title game where the Royals were defeated by Elk River, 64-60. Bueckers, who has played varsity since eighth grade, averaged 21.6 points, 4.6 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 4.2 steals, last season.

Her scholarship count, according to a recent SNY.tv feature, is 15 and counting, including an offer from the Gophers.

https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2017/05/wu16-team.aspx

Bueckers selected for U16 team.

The 12-member roster for the 2017 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team today was named after two days of training camp with 18 finalists, which followed four days of trials that began on May 25 with 133 athletes.

The USA will compete in the 2017 FIBA Americas U16 Championship from June 7-11 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, where it will be in the hunt for a gold medal as well as a berth into the 2018 FIBA U17 World Cup, which is awarded to the top four finishing teams.

Named to the team were: Fran Belibi (Regis Jesuit H.S./Centennial, Colo.); Aliyah Boston (Worcester Academy/Worcester, Mass.); Samantha Brunelle (William Monroe H.S./Ruckersville, Va.); Paige Bueckers (Hopkins H.S./Eden Prairie, Minn.); Caitlin Clark (Dowling Catholic H.S./West Des Moines, Iowa); Zia Cooke (Rogers H.S./Toledo, Ohio); Azzi Fudd (Potomac School/Falls Church, Va.); Jordan Horston (Columbus Africentric Early College/Columbus, Ohio); Diamond Miller (Franklin H.S./Somerset, N.J.); Jordyn Oliver (Prosper H.S./Prosper, Texas); Celeste Taylor (Long Island Lutheran H.S./Valley Stream, N.Y.); and Kylee Watson (Mainland Regional H.S./Linwood, N.J.).

https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2017/06/wu16-game-1-col.aspx

In 19 minutes, Bueckers scored 10 points, made 3 steals and dished out 4 assists as the US defeated Columbia 91-33.

The 2017 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team (1-0) scored off the opening tip in its first game of the 2017 FIBA Americas U16 Championship against Colombia (0-1), and dominated play from there to record a 91-33 rout on June 7 at CENARD in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

“I thought it was a great game, a great team win,” said USA head coach Carla Berube (Tufts University). “All 12 players got some valuable minutes. Eleven out of the 12 played in their first international competition. It is great to come away with a team win against a tough, Colombia team. They didn’t back down, and they took it to us and made it difficult for us at times. It feels good to have that first win.”

https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2017/06/wu16-game-2-mex.aspx

The US defeated Mexico 100-37. In 19 minutes, Bueckers scored 15 points (7-7 from the field), dished 3 assists and made 5 steals.

After a one point lead in the first quarter, the 2017 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team (2-0) relied on a full-court press to pull away from Mexico (1-1) in the second quarter and earn a 100-37 win on Thursday evening in the 2017 FIBA Americas U16 Championship at CENARD in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

“We weren’t getting a lot of things going on either end of the floor – not getting the stops we wanted to. We were getting good shots and good looks at the rim and offensive rebounds, but they just weren’t falling,” said USA head coach Carla Berube (Tufts University). “So, we decided to pick up full court and change the tempo of the game and see if we can generate some offense. And, the team did a really good job of getting into the passing lanes, deflecting balls, and then converted those to scores. We haven’t worked on our press, it was just them playing and taking it to that level.”

Have to think it is over if UCONN comes calling.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Perhaps a tough recruit to get. If the men's continue to get better along with the football team and others there could be quite a bit of excitement on campus and she may want to be apart of it. I'm hoping that she will.

Have to think it is over if UCONN comes calling.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Geno was behind the bench for two of Paige's games at an AAU tournament on the East Coast a few weeks ago, and if they haven't offered yet you can be certain they will soon. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, no player of her level should give any consideration to a middling program like the Gophers when there are offers on the table from the Notre Dames and Marylands and UCONNs of the world. She can choose any school she wants and there are plenty of better programs to choose from.

Unless we hire a Niele Ivy type coach who comes in and continues her big time recruiting which turns the program around. I know that is unlikely but I did not think we would land PJ or Pitino either. We could become the destination for young up and coming coaches.

Geno was behind the bench for two of Paige's games at an AAU tournament on the East Coast a few weeks ago, and if they haven't offered yet you can be certain they will soon. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, no player of her level should give any consideration to a middling program like the Gophers when there are offers on the table from the Notre Dames and Marylands and UCONNs of the world. She can choose any school she wants and there are plenty of better programs to choose from.

It would appear that we've been infiltrated by UConn fan(s).

Anybody who is a Gopher fan knows that Carlie Wagner was offered by Maryland, so anything can happen.

It would appear that we've been infiltrated by UConn fan(s).

Anybody who is a Gopher fan knows that Carlie Wagner was offered by Maryland, so anything can happen.

Not a UCONN fan by any stretch but well informed on Paige Bueckers and the recruiting process.

There used to be a time not that long ago when it was considered an honor and a privilege to play for the home school regardless of the current state of the program. Having the right coach can return that sense of pride but Stollings is not the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having the right coach can return that sense of pride but Stollings is not the answer.

Having Carlie Wagner reppin' the team is a big positive. She helps make it a tight knit group (no transfers).

I would not equate Notre Dame with UCONN ever in Women's basketball.

Top Bottom