3 - 5

Gopherbbdude

Reaction score
After tonight there will be 7 big ten teams at 3-5. The Gophers schedule is the easiest out of all of them. (Nebraska plays NW and MI plays IND tonight)

MI
NB
MN
OSU
IL
IA
PSU

I am just looking to see improvement from game to game. I want to see the kids mature and develop consistency. We'll see what our coaches are made of in the next month. There is no night off in this league so the kids can't get caught crying over last night's loss. Tie the shoes and get to work.

I am just looking to see improvement from game to game. I want to see the kids mature and develop consistency. We'll see what our coaches are made of in the next month. There is no night off in this league so the kids can't get caught crying over last night's loss. Tie the shoes and get to work.

We've seen what this staff is made of with the growth and development of Mason, Konate, and McBrayer. Also to some extent with Murphy. What it will show is how good the leadership is in the locker room. Adversity here is what this team has seemed to learn from. Also besides playing Wisconsin again and Indiana (Dominant Posts), we should match up pretty well with the rest of our opponents. Hopefully should be able to get 6 or 7 out of last 10.

If this team was 3-5 with wins last night and against Penn State, but losses to PU and NU, would people be all that upset? I don't think so. That's what most expected. But the record is the record either way. This way we have two GREAT road wins that look better everyday to help us make the tourney.

I agree with others who are predicting we win Saturday. I am not worried and think we will go 9-9 or 10-8 and make the tourney easily. I could be wrong, but I'd rather think that way (because it's certainly realistic), than these "fans" who are asking about new coaches or saying they aren't going to watch anymore games until we win. I don't get it. I live and die for each game and would never miss one on purpose. What a crappy way to follow a team.

If this team was 3-5 with wins last night and against Penn State, but losses to PU and NU, would people be all that upset? I don't think so. That's what most expected. But the record is the record either way. This way we have two GREAT road wins that look better everyday to help us make the tourney.

I agree with others who are predicting we win Saturday. I am not worried and think we will go 9-9 or 10-8 and make the tourney easily. I could be wrong, but I'd rather think that way (because it's certainly realistic), than these "fans" who are asking about new coaches or saying they aren't going to watch anymore games until we win. I don't get it. I live and die for each game and would never miss one on purpose. What a crappy way to follow a team.

Really feel that this bunch is about ready to break through but worried about all the things that might go wrong. Can't help but worry but I still look forward to each and every game.

Exactly.

With each passing day Purdue and Northwestern road wins are helping the Gophers make the NCAA Tournament. However, the Gophers' task, should they choose to accept it, is to make sure those wins are relevant on Selection Sunday. They can only do that by winning enough games from here on out. 6 probably does it, 7 definitely would. Maryland would be another significant notch in the "quality win" ledger.

Top Bottom