The Refs???

Twinsfan007

Reaction score
So I can say anything about them or is someone just gonna say "we should've done this or that" better. Those dudes swallowed that whistle and made some pretty bad calls the whole night but the worst was in the last few minutes. I'm surprised Pitino didn't get a T. That phantom foul on Mason when we were down by 3 really hurt us, or the out of bounds call on springs when he was clearly fouled. Those dudes must of made bank tonight because that was some SOLID home cooking. It was also frustrating to me how tosu was getting away with the chicken wing when they would drive to the hoop. This loss just hurts even more when you can't close out the MSU game @ home and the Wisky game. That's why you need to win at home. At least Mason is back! :clap::cool02:

So I can say anything about them or is someone just gonna say "we should've done this or that" better. Those dudes swallowed that whistle and made some pretty bad calls the whole night but the worst was in the last few minutes. I'm surprised Pitino didn't get a T. That phantom foul on Mason when we were down by 3 really hurt us, or the out of bounds call on springs when he was clearly fouled. Those dudes must of made bank tonight because that was some SOLID home cooking. It was also frustrating to me how tosu was getting away with the chicken wing when they would drive to the hoop. This loss just hurts even more when you can't close out the MSU game @ home and the Wisky game. That's why you need to win at home. At least Mason is back! :clap::cool02:

The non call on Springs was unreal. Top it off with losing the possession.

But officials don't determine the outcome. Or do they?

The Springs one I can forgive some because even watching live it was tough to tell what happened and they probably didn't have a great view of the play given where they were on the court. Definitely should have been a foul but all they can review is possession. The foul on Mason when he and Coffey trapped the guy was terrible as the player from OSU clearly lost possession when the ball hit Coffey. They were blowing the whistle all night on both teams but those late calls definitely hurt our chances in making the comeback.

On the plus side with all the fouls being called Lynch managed not to foul out.

Combine this stuff with the systematic stuff Happ and Hayes were doing to clear space for themselves in the previous game, and that's a lot to overcome. The cliche is that you have to play well enough that the refs don't have the ability to decide games, but that's BS. High level athletics is very fine and even by nature; tiny things decide games. The Gophers are talented but not overwhelmingly talented. They will not be able to overcome a tilted court.

The Springs no-call would have been Tate's 5th foul too.

The Springs one I can forgive some because even watching live it was tough to tell what happened and they probably didn't have a great view of the play given where they were on the court. Definitely should have been a foul but all they can review is possession. The foul on Mason when he and Coffey trapped the guy was terrible as the player from OSU clearly lost possession when the ball hit Coffey. They were blowing the whistle all night on both teams but those late calls definitely hurt our chances in making the comeback.

On the plus side with all the fouls being called Lynch managed not to foul out.

In my opinion, if it is determined an obvious missed foul caused the ball to go out of bounds off the offensive player like what happened last night, the refs should be able to have the offense keep possession. The rule needs to be changed.

In my opinion, if it is determined an obvious missed foul caused the ball to go out of bounds off the offensive player like what happened last night, the refs should be able to have the offense keep possession. The rule needs to be changed.

Agree in theory but that opens a whole new can of worms in terms of replay and what can and cannot be reviewed. Plus I don't think it is all that common when a foul is what causes the ball to go out of bounds, at least thinking back off the top of my head I can't think of a lot of other times where something like that has happened in the past.

100% right.

Agree in theory but that opens a whole new can of worms in terms of replay and what can and cannot be reviewed. Plus I don't think it is all that common when a foul is what causes the ball to go out of bounds, at least thinking back off the top of my head I can't think of a lot of other times where something like that has happened in the past.

I know I've seen it before but you're right, it doesn't happen very often.

Absolutely agree. I can understand not being able to then call the foul, but if the foul clearly caused the ball to go out of bounds like it did, we shouldn't be penalized for their mistake.

They should just give each coach two challenges and say everything is reviewable but nothing is automatically reviewed anymore. It wouldn't lengthen the games one bit. You think the other team had a two on the line for a 3? Use a challenge.

Top Bottom