Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Gophers by double digits vs. Maryland

Gophers are due to kick someone's a*s, and I think Maryland gets the call. Terps haven't lost a true road game all year, but that comes crashing down Saturday. Gophers from start to finish and win by about 15. Book it.

There are worse places to be than 4-5 at the turn of the B1G schedule with wins over 3 of the top 4 teams in the conference.

Let's get it done!

Thank you. I needed to hear that.

Blog Entries

Remember Lawrence Westbrook? That's how the Gophers will play Saturday. ... with an edge and some attitude. That's what I most expect to see Saturday.

GO GOPHERS!!!

I salute your optimism. I hope this team takes a leap forward in playing defense because that will be the key to winning.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

MD has played the following Big 10 teams(only loss to Nebraska)
    IL
    NB
    MI
    IND
    IL
    IA
    RT
    Not a super impressive schedule. Gophers by 12

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    Gophers are due to kick someone's a*s, and I think Maryland gets the call. Terps haven't lost a true road game all year, but that comes crashing down Saturday. Gophers from start to finish and win by about 15. Book it.

There are worse places to be than 4-5 at the turn of the B1G schedule with wins over 3 of the top 4 teams in the conference.
    +1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#coacheslivesmatter

The question is will they have fight and passion when they get knocked down by Maryland. They've come out strong, they've come out weak, what is constant is their poor effort in the middle of the game that either gives up a massive lead or puts the game just far enough out of reach that they are desperately chasing from behind in the final 90 seconds. They have yet to put in a full 40 minutes of effort in any of their B1G games, even the ones they've won.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownGopher View Post
    The question is will they have fight and passion when they get knocked down by Maryland. They've come out strong, they've come out weak, what is constant is their poor effort in the middle of the game that either gives up a massive lead or puts the game just far enough out of reach that they are desperately chasing from behind in the final 90 seconds. They have yet to put in a full 40 minutes of effort in any of their B1G games, even the ones they've won.

I disagree. they played for 40 minutes against WI

Quote Originally Posted by Ewert86PC View Post
    I salute your optimism. I hope this team takes a leap forward in playing defense because that will be the key to winning.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Absolutely - and I am also optimistic about the MD game. But the defense is what kills them - the play that sticks out to me last night was Dupree slapping that guy in the face late in the shot clock to bail them out. If he's not already, an advanced metric Pitino can add is the amount of times they get the shot clock get under 5 seconds and commit a completely unnecessary foul. To me that is the most infuriating thing that this team does, and that is all about a lack of mental focus. I don't have a ton of complaints about Pitino, overall he's a good figurehead and I can't imagine MN attracting a superior candidate at this time, but those lapses should be unacceptable, and correctable.

Blog Entries

We will probably be favored by 4-5 points. It would be nice to have us get back to being the Vegas darlings by covering most of these games again.

Was just talking to a co worker about this and we wouldn't be surprised to see a big victory this weekend. Sure, from the outside, nobody would predict this (given losing streak) but we are due and Maryland is not as good as record (they are solid, but not great). Moons are aligned.. lets make it happen.

A big win this weekend would really get our mojo back. The team and coaches know they are close and outside of one game, have been in every contest. A win this weekend would set us up nicely for the final half of the BT season.

I think we should beat Maryland. I won't say I expect a win, but it's certainly one we need. Let's get it, Gophers.

Remember Lawrence Westbrook? That's how the Gophers will play Saturday. ... with an edge and some attitude. That's what I most expect to see Saturday.
    I wish this team had a Lawrence.