Not ready to crucify this team just yet...

recruits, playing at a high level.

Considering most preseason magazines had us picked about 12th in the Big Ten, we have beaten every team "we should have", but we haven't lost every one "we should have" (Purdue, Northwestern).

We will be more consistently solid yes. We have some recruits who are rated higher than in some classes years past. We have to keep our players injury free, scandal free, it takes leadership and occasionally luck.

Most of the top big ten teams will recruit at least as well as us so we can now hope to be "even" with those teams. We are not better. Sorry to sober you up.

Winning close games means having a Bobby Jackson/Vince Grier type athlete and player who can make plays while the whistle won't blow at the end of games. Mason is skilled, not the athlete. If Coffey puts on 10 lbs for next season he may be that guy.

Why, as Minnesota fans, do we always end back on the mediocre road. Why cant we ever just have a team that beats 95% of the teams we should beat and lose the games we are suppose to lose. little frustrated. Want so badly for our team(s) to be good/great but theres always so much disappointment. I feel like with the young guys we have and the recruits coming we will be legit very soon. Please someone tell me im just not seeing through the fogged MN glasses.

Obviously the last few games have been disappointing. We had every chance to win all of them, and just came up short. I tend to think close games even out at some point, usually, so I'm not too worried. I still think we end up at 8 wins needing a couple of big ten tournament wins, or at nine wins, and in. However, again, this team is built to win next year, and for the years after. Our recruiting classes are finally stepping up to where they need to be. Let's see what they can bring us.

I'm personally tuning this team out until they get a win. After the MSU loss I had a feeling we'd see a snowball effect and so far that's just what happened. I've seen this story play out too many times with this program, solid start to build hope then depressing losing streak to totally ruin the whole season. Doesn't even matter who the coach is.

Lame. Does commenting on GH include tuning them out?

Top Bottom