Mark Coyle e -mail?

I do not think he will miss it this year much less next year. My real question has always been , can he build a program that competes at the top of the conference every year ? When will years of 9-9 not be considered good years ? When will the non conference schedule be beefed up ? You can not control a tough shooting night but you can teach elite defense on every single possession.

From the guy who said we wouldn't lose another home game. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Yes I did say that. I thought Pitino had control of this team. He doesn't. A blind man can see it.
The officials have absolutely no respect for him. If I have to explain it to you get off the the basketball site because you don't Jack diddley about basketball.

Yes I did say that. I thought Pitino had control of this team. He doesn't. A blind man can see it.
The officials have absolutely no respect for him. If I have to explain it to you get off the the basketball site because you don't Jack diddley about basketball.
How exactly does he not have control of his team? You're a gas bag. No substance to any of your posts, ever.

So...since you couldn't see that he doesn't have control, that would make you even less able to see than a blind man. I'm not sure how blind you have to be to not see what a blind man sees, but apparently that's where you reside. Got it. [emoji41]

He's the Donald Trump of Gopherhole. Nobody lives a better life, is smarter or hits a golf ball further. Believe him.

Don't forget that his wife looks like Ann Margaret. Oh, and you may not have heard this, but his wife used to work in marketing for UMD.

How exactly does he not have control of his team? You're a gas bag. No substance to any of your posts, ever.

Ruppert has somewhat of a point. If you watched the game last night and noticed how some of the players went after rebounds and loose balls you can see some troubling patterns.

Just an observation.

Ruppert has somewhat of a point. If you watched the game last night and noticed how some of the players went after rebounds and loose balls you can see some troubling patterns.

Just an observation.

So some players effort on a rebound = control of his team.

He has absolutely no point, he made no reference to what you just said, and your "point" is **** too.

It's amazing how the tide in this board changes.

I don't like losing 4 games, I don't like losing to OSU in a year they are down. But just as a blind man can see that Pitino lost control of his team, a blind man can also see the flaws in the players on this team. The same guy that lost to OSU got THAT team to beat Purdue at Purdue, win AT Northwestern, fight Wisconsin to a close OT loss, and was within a wide open look of winning this game in which he "lost control of the team" for the first 15 minutes.

The criticism is warranted due to the repetitive nature of losing close games. My argument would be MANY of our close games, not all, we've had open looks to win it and they just didn't go in, that's not coaching. Very infrequently are people winning 1 poession games on layups, this isn't Playstation.

What is particularly troubling to me is the hint of "get us a new coach cause this one stinks" puts us right back into the perpetual sink hole of mediocrity. The team is growing, it's inconsistent because it isn't that good. Pitino is a very good head of our program and is putting the peices together.

Let me enlighten you:
1. Ridiculous turnovers caused by lack of discipline.
2. Horrendous shot selection. That's why McBrayer sat most of the second half. The kid just doesn't buy into no shot past 15 feet
3. The trickle down on Murphy. At times there seems total lack of interest. Pitino took away his one strong point, posting low. This has affected his offensive rebounding and scoring.
4. Engaging the officials. Tubby didn't have to do it because he had respect of the officials.
Players see that when the calls go against them.
5. Help defense. The last 4 games it has got lazy.
6. Just me, but they're running to many off ball screens. I shake my head, because when they do run a standard pick and roll they've done well with it.
Summary. I just don't think Pitino is getting the players full attention. It's easy when you're winning, , but the good coaches get it all the time. You can rip me all you want, but I just don't see it. Btw...Nevada Wolfpack beat Boise State last night 76-57 ( at Boise State ) to remain in first place in the Mountain West at 17-4...

Let me enlighten you:
2. Horrendous shot selection. That's why McBrayer sat most of the second half. The kid just doesn't buy into no shot past 15 feet
3. The trickle down on Murphy. At times there seems total lack of interest. Pitino took away his one strong point, posting low. This has affected his offensive rebounding and scoring.
4. Engaging the officials. Tubby didn't have to do it because he had respect of the officials.
6. Just me, but they're running to many off ball screens. I shake my head, because when they do run a standard pick and roll they've done well with it.
Summary. I just don't think Pitino is getting the players full attention. It's easy when you're winning, , but the good coaches get it all the time. You can rip me all you want, but I just don't see it. Btw...Nevada Wolfpack beat Boise State last night 76-57 ( at Boise State ) to remain in first place in the Mountain West at 17-4...

Bloviate

Let me enlighten you:

From 18 days ago. Either Pitino lost the ability to coach or you're as frick'n goofy as you come across.

ruppertflywheel
Blog Entries
I don't think we lose a home game this year....
Just me, but I think we run the table.

From 18 days ago. Either Pitino lost the ability to coach or you're as frick'n goofy as you come across.

ruppertflywheel
Blog Entries
I don't think we lose a home game this year....
Just me, but I think we run the table.

Read my first response to you, or do I have to drive a nail through your head to open up the brain
waves? Did you play more than driveway basketball? ( Cue up Les Bolsted ) if that is the case, you probably don't understand what I'm saying. So be it.

He has not lost the team. In fact they are very much in line for the NCAA. Fans are so fickle day to day. They do need to play better defense all the way through a game.

Man we need a win to get rid of this negativity. Big improvement from last year and I'm still enjoying it. Still a good chance to make the tourney. We have a much easier schedule coming up. We can do it.

Man we need a win to get rid of this negativity. Big improvement from last year and I'm still enjoying it. Still a good chance to make the tourney. We have a much easier schedule coming up. We can do it.

Perfectly stated. This team is close and I've enjoyed the resurgence, as well. Big, big game this weekend vs. the Terps. I'm on board with Selection Sunday and expecting a much needed victory. Maryland has reloaded nicely after losing all of those big fellas, but they have greatly exceeded expectations (credit to Melo and the coaches) and they are due for a reality check.

What is particularly troubling to me is the hint of "get us a new coach cause this one stinks" puts us right back into the perpetual sink hole of mediocrity. The team is growing, it's inconsistent because it isn't that good. Pitino is a very good head of our program and is putting the peices together.

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

c46ea8184a42c6b00231bbfef1dc155a.gif

Let me enlighten you:

1. Turnover margin...Minnesota #3 in the Big Ten
2. Shot selection...any coach is vulnerable...who can explain Bakary thinking it's his turn standing on the three point line? That a coaching thing?
3. Murphy isn't playing well. How much of that is game planning by the opponent eliminating his strengths?
4. It's not 1980 any more. A 30 something coach can't scream at referees and stay on the sidelines.
5. Lazy help defense...#1 FG Pct Defense from 3 in the Big Ten #2 Big Ten overall FG% Defense
6. It's harder to get their attention when you win. They know it all then. He has their attention. He needs a point guard. He needs Nate to make shots. He needs Murphy to rebound. The Gophers are 15 and 6 not too far away from your dream of 17 and 4. Oh btw, the Gophers are in the Big Ten. How many wins did you see around Thanksgiving?

1. Turnover margin...Minnesota #3 in the Big Ten
2. Shot selection...any coach is vulnerable...who can explain Bakary thinking it's his turn standing on the three point line? That a coaching thing?
3. Murphy isn't playing well. How much of that is game planning by the opponent eliminating his strengths?
4. It's not 1980 any more. A 30 something coach can't scream at referees and stay on the sidelines.
5. Lazy help defense...#1 FG Pct Defense from 3 in the Big Ten #2 Big Ten overall FG% Defense
6. It's harder to get their attention when you win. They know it all then. He has their attention. He needs a point guard. He needs Nate to make shots. He needs Murphy to rebound. The Gophers are 15 and 6 not too far away from your dream of 17 and 4. Oh btw, the Gophers are in the Big Ten. How many wins did you see around Thanksgiving?

Very good points. I was focusing on the 4 game losing streak. Disagree on the "T" I've seen it help more than hinder In reference to 17-4. I watched the Wolfpack play several games. D.J.Fenner can at out play. They've more shooters than the Gophers and road games don't phase them. Very tough mentally. And they're doing it with a short roster.

Top Bottom