CBS: Gophers Remain Confident Despite 3-Game Skid

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Mike Max:

They’ve been competitive in six of their seven Big Ten games, but have lost the last three.

What do we make of the Gopher basketball team as it heads to Ohio State Wednesday? It’s hard to say, but players and coaches say they feel good about where they are and what they can get done.

The Gopher basketball team lost an overtime thriller to Wisconsin — its third straight loss. Still, coach Richard Pitino says he feels pretty good.

“There’s a lot of basketball to be played,” he said. “I don’t feel like we’re reeling, you know what I mean? I don’t feel that at all.”

On Wednesday, the Gophers will face off against a team they’ve already beaten — Ohio State. It’s too early to call the game “critical,” but they will see a different approach from the Buckeyes than last time.

“We expect them to have a better scouting report of us now that they know some of our plays and know what to do on them,” guard Dupree McBrayer said.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/01/24/gophers-remain-confident-despite-3-game-skid/

Go Gophers!!

per Mike Max:

They’ve been competitive in six of their seven Big Ten games, but have lost the last three.

What do we make of the Gopher basketball team as it heads to Ohio State Wednesday? It’s hard to say, but players and coaches say they feel good about where they are and what they can get done.

The Gopher basketball team lost an overtime thriller to Wisconsin — its third straight loss. Still, coach Richard Pitino says he feels pretty good.

“There’s a lot of basketball to be played,” he said. “I don’t feel like we’re reeling, you know what I mean? I don’t feel that at all.”

On Wednesday, the Gophers will face off against a team they’ve already beaten — Ohio State. It’s too early to call the game “critical,” but they will see a different approach from the Buckeyes than last time.

“We expect them to have a better scouting report of us now that they know some of our plays and know what to do on them,” guard Dupree McBrayer said.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/01/24/gophers-remain-confident-despite-3-game-skid/

Go Gophers!!

Absolutely don't think it is too early to call this one critical if the team wants to make the NCAA tournament. Overall resume is solid but still need to be in that 20+ win range to make it a sure thing. To me making the tournament this year is a key step with hopefully a deep run in the tournament next season assuming that the core is all back again.

Top Bottom