All Things Gopher Players Appeals Process

More than us...

I disagree. I understand the "NCAA won't punish UNC" pablum (even though I fully disagree and think the entire argument is stupid, childish, and silly) because UNC is unquestionably one of the most high-profile basketball programs and has been for decades. But Baylor? Baylor has had a better football team than Minnesota over the last few seasons, but the average sports fan would place the two on basically equal footing - maybe even Minnesota being more high-profile because the average sports fan probably doesn't even know where Baylor is located.

I disagree. I understand the "NCAA won't punish UNC" pablum (even though I fully disagree and think the entire argument is stupid, childish, and silly) because UNC is unquestionably one of the most high-profile basketball programs and has been for decades. But Baylor? Baylor has had a better football team than Minnesota over the last few seasons, but the average sports fan would place the two on basically equal footing - maybe even Minnesota being more high-profile because the average sports fan probably doesn't even know where Baylor is located.

Here is the X factor.

Baylor's regents and administration have shown they'll shamelessly defend their university to the end.

The U.... I think we've got folks who might like to dork up athletics for the ability to climb up on a moral pedestal and declare how their principals are so "Much bigger than football".....

Are we sure Baylor isn't going to get punished? I don't think they will, but there are still some chips to fall there. As we all know, the NCAA is notorious for dragging its feet and I see the potential for "lack of institutional control" there

I listened to most of this podcast, The Scoop with Darren (Doogie) Wolfson, episode 58.

http://cdn46.castfire.com/audio/522...stone.com/episodewidget?pid=1705251&logo=true

Sounds like news that has been stretched all over GH. Nothing about her changing her story during the appeal.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Listen to what Hutton says at 55:30. He says that she recanted the part about being intoxicated. It's not clear when that happened but obviously after the original investigation and 80 page report.

None of us know exactly what happened, but if she first told investigators that she was drunk and later took that back, she should be placed on probation for lying just like Shenault was. If she lied about being drunk and is now admitting that, she becomes much less credible and I can't see any reason they should trust her.

Just saw on twitter on my phone on Jon Krawczynski's feed that Antoine Winfield Jr was cleared of any wrongdoing. Can't link as Twitter is blocked at my workplace.

The local coverage made it sound like our "scandal" was on the same level as Baylor or PSU.

What you said is completely untrue. It is just part of being peddled in GopherHole by the Gopher fanboys who have been crying "no due process" since before the process even started.

Just saw on twitter on my phone on Jon Krawczynski's feed that Antoine Winfield Jr was cleared of any wrongdoing. Can't link as Twitter is blocked at my workplace.

Nice. Now PJ needs to keep him from transferring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take it for what it's worth....

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Think it's worth crap coming from that attention seeking jerk.

See from the above posts, Mr. Journalist might be wrong.

Nice to see Pat's in sunny FLA...

Listen to what Hutton says at 55:30. He says that she recanted the part about being intoxicated. It's not clear when that happened but obviously after the original investigation and 80 page report.

None of us know exactly what happened, but if she first told investigators that she was drunk and later took that back, she should be placed on probation for lying just like Shenault was. If she lied about being drunk and is now admitting that, she becomes much less credible and I can't see any reason they should trust her.

Did SHE ever actually say she was drunk? Honestly asking the question. I read the EOAA report a while ago and don't remember if that's what she said or if she just described her alcohol intake that night. Either way it seems like kind of a subjective thing unless you have a breathalyzer. If you ask one of your friends if they are drunk and they say "I had 5 shots a few hours ago" what does that mean? If they can handle their booze that might not be much, but if they can't that sounds like a lot to me

Just saw on twitter on my phone on Jon Krawczynski's feed that Antoine Winfield Jr was cleared of any wrongdoing.

This can't possibly be true. After all, we have been told that the players didn't get their due process.

This makes it seem that AWj leaving is not a foregone conclusion

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Per Wolfson via Twitter

"Yes, per dad, Winfield Jr. is staying with the #Gophers."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did SHE ever actually say she was drunk? Honestly asking the question. I read the EOAA report a while ago and don't remember if that's what she said or if she just described her alcohol intake that night. Either way it seems like kind of a subjective thing unless you have a breathalyzer. If you ask one of your friends if they are drunk and they say "I had 5 shots a few hours ago" what does that mean? If they can handle their booze that might not be much, but if they can't that sounds like a lot to me

Page 4 of the report says that she alleges "She became "very drunk to a level she doesn't reach often."" If Hutton is correct and she now claims that she wasn't drunk that night, the whole "very drunk" thing was a lie. Sure she couldn't know exactly what her BAC was but I don't see how she went from "very drunk" to not drunk at all.

Hope all players that are cleared stay off social media and don't tweet anything stupid that will cause more controversy.

Page 4 of the report says that she alleges "She became "very drunk to a level she doesn't reach often."" If Hutton is correct and she now claims that she wasn't drunk that night, the whole "very drunk" thing was a lie. Sure she couldn't know exactly what her BAC was but I don't see how she went from "very drunk" to not drunk at all.

She "became very drunk" when she drank it, but does she ever say she was drunk during the encounter? To me the whole "drunk" issue is very subjective (and open to changing your views on whether or not you were drunk) without a breathalyzer. Not saying it helps her story, just saying I wouldn't call it lying.

Top Bottom