All Things Gopher Players Appeals Process

The investigation, punishment, and appeal process set forth is a direct extension of the enforcement of the Code. Are you arguing that it is not?

I'm saying that the unfair parts of the investigation are not in the Code of Conduct. Again, read the thing and tell me what is unconstitutional. Saying that the application and execution of it are unconstitutional is different than saying that code itself is unconstitutional.

I'm saying that the unfair parts of the investigation are not in the Code of Conduct. Again, read the thing and tell me what is unconstitutional. Saying that the application and execution of it are unconstitutional is different than saying that code itself is unconstitutional.

That's really splitting hairs, if you ask me. Does the Code refer to any disciplinary processes for enforcement of the Code? The code is just words on paper if there is no mechanism outlined to enforce possible violations.

I don't think they will do a press release. The players might have the results but are choosing not to release them.

No idea what time to expect news, might not be until this evening. But yes, today is the day as far as I know. I would expect the news to come from Hutton/Pacyga and the players. Don't expect to hear from the school.

Wonder if those that are saying this news is true can point out during what time of the podcast this revelation from Hutton was made.
Early on Hutton talks about her changing her story for the EOAA interview/investigation.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Early on Hutton talks about her changing her story for the EOAA interview/investigation.

We have posters indicating that according to Hutton she now admits to consensual sex with numerous players. I have no idea if Hutton did say it as I did not listen to the whole podcast. Can someone point out what portion of the podcast Hutton said she admitted to the consensual sex with numerous players? From what I remember she said she believed the sex with Djam and the recruit was consensual. If that is what Hutton is referring to as admitting to sex with numerous players that doesn't seem to be a change in her story.

Does the girl's attorney agree that she changed her story and she is now lying about what happened?

Does the girl's attorney agree that she changed her story and she is now lying about what happened?
It's a podcast. Listen to it. Just not on a smartphone since the time counter doesn't show up, or didn't for mine.

How do you know the "committee believes the girl"? Unless you have inside info you don't even know who is on the "committee". It appears you may be biased against the girl and in favor of the players.

No different than your obvious biased against the players since day 1 of this.

No different than your obvious biased against the players since day 1 of this.

Many GopherHolers think the girl is lying based on very little information other than their own biases and desire to see the U win more football games. I think many of the players are lying based on 80 pages of evidence in the EOAA report and my own knowledge and intuition about male behavior when they are caught doing something bad or illegal. I have only met one person in my life who I believe wouldn't lie to try to avoid the possible loss of a college scholarship and maybe a pro football career. And that includes myself.

I like my opinion compared to the fanboys in GopherHole who said the girl was lying back in September and haven't changed their opinion since even though the EOAA report has a mountain of evidence against the players. Not one of them has been willing to even consider the possibility that any of the players might be lying to save their necks. It is hypocrisy and dishonesty of the worst kind.

Many GopherHolers think the girl is lying based on very little information other than their own biases and desire to see the U win more football games. I think many of the players are lying based on 80 pages of evidence in the EOAA report and my own knowledge and intuition about male behavior when they are caught doing something bad or illegal. I only have met one person in my life who wouldn't tell every lie they think they could get away with given the possible loss of a college scholarship and maybe a pro football career. And that includes myself. I like my opinion compared to the fanboys in GopherHole who said the girl was lying back in September and haven't changed their opinion since. Not one of them has been willing to even consider the possibility that the any of the players might be lying.

That's not true. I don't know who is telling the truth or lying, but there is a likelihood that a few of the players involvement may have been misrepresented, not by the girl but the EOAA investigaton.

So, I ask, if it is found that one or more of the players wasn't involved, and/or if the sex was consensual with one more of the players, would you still want to see those student-athletes expelled?

I'm curious if you are open to new insights, or you are just ready for the hanging. You seem to have made up your mind based on one piece of information, while accusing everyone else of having done so. There are many, myself included, that just want to be sure each individual student is treated fairly, rather than treating them as one group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the girl if videotaped saying no and there is no video of her saying yes. And she claims it is NOT consensual. And it is NOT common practice for women to go our and try to find 15 guys to screw them. While the guys stand to lose their scholarships. While the guys had a week to get their stories straight because the cops called Coyle before investigating asking him to get the guys together....and a lawyer connected with the athletic department was hired before they talked to the cops (not so with the woman). While the cop exceeded his authority by intrepreting "no" and a slap as meaning "yes". The cops didn't even gather evidence for a week. The woman was not interviewed by a woman as is usually in sexual assault cases...but instead a male cop. By the cop report, one could say that normal procedure was not followed and very little attempt to figure out what happened in a timely way occurred. The guys disgusting tweets do not match their descriptions of what occurred. My guess is that there were plenty of videos made that night but once the guys got lawyered up, they magically disappeared. I find it hard to believe the guys and my gut says they gang raped a woman and they belong in jail, expulsion is getting off easy. While the EOAA might not be fair, the cops certainly have the players backs...and their bungled, half butt investigation is evidence of this. It is also why we need a flawed system that uses the EOAA...until such time that women can be safe on college campuses...and cops make it a priority to fully investigate violent crimes...and athletic departments police themselves, getting rid of bad guys so we can root for good ones, I have two daughters who recently graduated from college and both of them talk about D3 football players and fraternity brothers at their schools raping girls. College has changed since I went...

If the girl if videotaped saying no and there is no video of her saying yes. And she claims it is NOT consensual. And it is NOT common practice for women to go our and try to find 15 guys to screw them. While the guys stand to lose their scholarships. While the guys had a week to get their stories straight because the cops called Coyle before investigating asking him to get the guys together....and a lawyer connected with the athletic department was hired before they talked to the cops (not so with the woman). While the cop exceeded his authority by intrepreting "no" and a slap as meaning "yes". The cops didn't even gather evidence for a week. The woman was not interviewed by a woman as is usually in sexual assault cases...but instead a male cop. By the cop report, one could say that normal procedure was not followed and very little attempt to figure out what happened in a timely way occurred. The guys disgusting tweets do not match their descriptions of what occurred. My guess is that there were plenty of videos made that night but once the guys got lawyered up, they magically disappeared. I find it hard to believe the guys and my gut says they gang raped a woman and they belong in jail, expulsion is getting off easy. While the EOAA might not be fair, the cops certainly have the players backs...and their bungled, half butt investigation is evidence of this. It is also why we need a flawed system that uses the EOAA...until such time that women can be safe on college campuses...and cops make it a priority to fully investigate violent crimes...and athletic departments police themselves, getting rid of bad guys so we can root for good ones, I have two daughters who recently graduated from college and both of them talk about D3 football players and fraternity brothers at their schools raping girls. College has changed since I went...

We're up to 15 guys now?

Rumor monger of the worst kind.

This narrative is 100% factual, with no inference or stretch of what may have happened. I feel much better now that I know what happened. Thanks! This all could have been solved in December had they only asked you to provide oversight.

This narrative is 100% factual, with no inference or stretch of what may have happened. I feel much better now that I know what happened. Thanks! This all could have been solved in December had they only asked you to provide oversight.

Hahahaha

Many GopherHolers think the girl is lying based on very little information other than their own biases and desire to see the U win more football games. I think many of the players are lying based on 80 pages of evidence in the EOAA report and my own knowledge and intuition about male behavior when they are caught doing something bad or illegal. I have only met one person in my life who I believe wouldn't lie to try to avoid the possible loss of a college scholarship and maybe a pro football career. And that includes myself.

I like my opinion compared to the fanboys in GopherHole who said the girl was lying back in September and haven't changed their opinion since even though the EOAA report has a mountain of evidence against the players. Not one of them has been willing to even consider the possibility that any of the players might be lying to save their necks. It is hypocrisy and dishonesty of the worst kind.

Lots of assumptions there. Think of any possible feelings about this case, an I can all but guarantee some poster has expressed it.

Regarding the bold part of your statement, the same could be said of the alleged victim. Many have lied for many reasons including protecting ones reputation.

Personally I am more than disappointed in the President, and the A.D. I still cannot fathom a reason that the A.D. would have reinstated the originally suspended players "knowing what he's known all along". Furthermore, the way he handled the firing of Tracy Claeys was beyond terrible. If he would have simply stated that he wanted to take the football program in another direction, most of the negative feelings toward him would have disappeared.

Intuition and opinions...man, I hope you never are on a committee in charge of other peoples livelihoods. Nothing but babble as usual.

I have only met one person in my life who I believe wouldn't lie to try to avoid the possible loss of a college scholarship and maybe a pro football career. And that includes myself.

It is always very wise to determine the guilt or innocence of someone based on how much they have to lose. Who wouldn't lie about murder to avoid the possibility of life imprisonment or the death penalty?

This is why I believe everyone accused of murder is guilty. I simply don't buy their denials. Of course you're going to say you didn't commit murder, that's only because you don't want to get the electric chair!

It is always very wise to determine the guilt or innocence of someone based on how much they have to lose. Who wouldn't lie about murder to avoid the possibility of life imprisonment or the death penalty?

This is why I believe everyone accused of murder is guilty. I simply don't buy their denials. Of course you're going to say you didn't commit murder, that's only because you don't want to get the electric chair!
+1

Can you write in paragraphs please? Much easier to read.

Lots of assumptions there. Think of any possible feelings about this case, an I can all but guarantee some poster has expressed it.

Regarding the bold part of your statement, the same could be said of the alleged victim. Many have lied for many reasons including protecting ones reputation.

Personally I am more than disappointed in the President, and the A.D. I still cannot fathom a reason that the A.D. would have reinstated the originally suspended players "knowing what he's known all along". Furthermore, the way he handled the firing of Tracy Claeys was beyond terrible. If he would have simply stated that he wanted to take the football program in another direction, most of the negative feelings toward him would have disappeared.

Eh, look, as far as the AD is concerned I'm not sure what more people want him to have known. He knew that the players were under investigation by the police so he suspended them from football. Then the DA declined to pursue charges so they were no longer suspended from football. Then the EOAA recommended the suspensions/expulsions from school so they were again suspended from football. I don't really have an issue with any of that. It actually makes a lot of sense if you look at it in the big picture. I agree that the problem with Coyle has been communication on many fronts. That is a legitimate complaint about what he has done so far as AD. But as far as his decision to suspend/un-suspend-re-suspend the players I don't have a problem with that part.

And yes, I agree that he went too far in the press conference where he said those things about the previous coaches. That was absolutely unnecessary. We all knew the real reason behind the decision (he wanted his own guy), and it is time to move on from that.

I have seen some on here calling for his head, even saying the university has legitimate grounds to fire him for cause, and I find that to be laughable. He's been a poor communicator, no doubt. He fired someone so he could hire the guy he wanted. He's put his job and credibility on the line with the Fleck hire. Let's see if he was right before passing judgment.

I would love to see Hageman and Campbell with Super Bowl rings...and better yet, after the Falcons win the game, both Gophers are on the field with Gopher t-shirts under their shoulder pads walking around displaying the maroon and gold-GO FALCONS!

<I don't have time to read these long responses-seriously guys, go spend an hour at the Feed My Starving Children center and pack some food>

my apologies if this was already covered....this "deadline" to deliver results of the appeal today....why do we think it will actually be released to the public?

And what makes us think the deadline will be met? What would happen to the EEOA if it is delayed, or not released at all?

Top Bottom