All Things Gopher Players Appeals Process

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Not at all surprised Tracy would be there for his players but is his voice effective at this point? He has been chewed up pretty good publicly. His words are not going to be awe inspiring to the panel, I wouldn't think? Hopefully, that wasn't the surprise info the attorney was referring to.

He could shine a light on what the admin did......or didn't do and why.

The players were allowed to play after being cleared legally, which would have happened at nearly every school. Then the EOAA investigation was conducted and they recommended school expulsions and suspensions, which Coyle had nothing to do with. Kaler then tossed that over to Coyle and what was he supposed to do? Let them play in the bowl game when they are facing school suspensions? No AD would have let them play.

I've already said he could have handled communication better, but that's not going to get him fired. The Claeys apologist line is directed at the same 5 people who continue to argue with me over and over again on this. It's not a coincidence they also happen to be Claeys biggest fans.

My pictures are weather maps, you can interpret them however you'd like.

So, situational ethics. It's only bad and a terrible culture if you get caught. Got it. Given what was in the police report. Given that an AD at a Power 5 Conference cannot fein ignorance on the title IX process, seems like maybe the AD should have suspended the players right then and there. Would he have been vilified? You bet he would have. For doing the right thing. Not for hoping the whole thing would go away, which is what Mark Coyle did. That is not leadership. That is a fireable offense, and the righteousness he's displayed in the aftermath displays his open hypocrisy. The man has no moral compass and no integrity. He needs to go.

He could shine a light on what the admin did......or didn't do and why.

He could also be asked if team rules were violated (or if the team has a policy regarding incidents like this where a recruit is involved) or if the decision not to press charges closed the book on the matter.

He could also be asked if team rules were violated (or if the team has a policy regarding incidents like this where a recruit is involved) or if the decision not to press charges closed the book on the matter.

Either Ch.4 or 5, said he was questioned about getting the players to testify. He said he asked them to testify.

Are you sure she went to cheer at the bowl game?

I had heard the same rumor from the charter out for the bowl game as well. I didn't want to be the first to say it, and I don't know for sure, but I had heard the same thing, FWIW.

Either Ch.4 or 5, said he was questioned about getting the players to testify. He said he asked them to testify.

Iceland, could you elucidate that a bit. He told the accused to testify to the EOAA or something else?

How damaging will it be for Coyle if it comes out that he recommended to Claeys that the players testify, thus implicating even more than were originally involved. This could be why the team was so upset and felt betrayed and chose to boycott which eventually led to Claeys getting fired. Coyle should be gone immediately if that's how this happened.

I think the statement was something like Claeys was pressured to get the players to testify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How damaging will it be for Coyle if it comes out that he recommended to Claeys that the players testify, thus implicating even more than were originally involved. This could be why the team was so upset and felt betrayed and chose to boycott which eventually led to Claeys getting fired. Coyle should be gone immediately if that's how this happened.

Careful.....

To testify for what? For them to not get expelled? That makes no sense in any context.

To participate in the investigation. Hopefully Claeys testimony will be clarified after tonight is done.

Payciga (sp?) said last eve that the alleged victims testimony included several items that weren't in the police report or the EOAA report. Would support the EOAA's memory expert ................

So traumatized that she can't even remember what she forgot, or vise-versa.

If true, this process is a complete farce. This girl has told 3 different stories in 3 different venues and plead the 5th under oath.

If true, this process is a complete farce. This girl has told 3 different stories in 3 different venues and plead the 5th under oath.

I read somewhere that her changing stories shows her desire to set the record straight as she recalls new items. It makes her more credible, not less.

Pacygea tweeted 45 mins ago, saying the were running very late, and closing arguments hadn't even started yet.

To testify for what? For them to not get expelled? That makes no sense in any context.

I'm with you. I can't come up with a logical reason TC would be involved in these hearings. There may be one, but I'm not seeing it.

I'm with you. I can't come up with a logical reason TC would be involved in these hearings. There may be one, but I'm not seeing it.

There is a simple explanation, participation is supposed to be voluntary, the EOAA doesn't have subpoena authority. The pressuring of the players to testify ,could be used to show bias, on the part of the administration. You can be sure there will be federal law suits no matter what the appeals panel decides.

There is a simple explanation, participation is supposed to be voluntary, the EOAA doesn't have subpoena authority. The pressuring of the players to testify ,could be used to show bias, on the part of the administration. You can be sure there will be federal law suits no matter what the appeals panel decides.

They didn't have to participate they would of just been expelled without their side of the story

I read somewhere that her changing stories shows her desire to set the record straight as she recalls new items. It makes her more credible, not less.

You read somewhere? Written by who? The girls dad?

Is it hard to type with Coyle's balls in your mouth? Once people found out the additional 5 players likely had nothing to do with the event the national attention changed. Wouldn't have happend without the boycott. Who cares who released the report? It got released.

What alternate universe are you living in? The only change in national attention, has been on GopherHole.com.

Iceland, could you elucidate that a bit. He told the accused to testify to the EOAA or something else?

Most likely. It was a very short reference. There was a possibility it was for the police, but the EOAA seemed more likely.

Pacyga seemed okay with the testimony.

Attorney Ryan Pacyga, who is representing one player, has acted as the players’ spokesman throughout the hearings. As the sessions broke for dinner Friday evening, Pacyga said it’s been a “marathon” for the players and everyone else involved.

Pacyga said Friday that the accused players called on witnesses to testify, including former coach Tracy Claeys, who spoke to the proceedings via phone.

“He wasn’t going overboard to try to support the players,” Pacyga said of Claeys’ testimony. “It seemed to be very fair testimony.”

Ruling expected next week for 10 suspended Gophers players: Strib

The players, who want to remain enrolled in the U, have appealed the penalties recommended against them by the U’s Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. Expulsion from campus has been recommended for five player — Ray Buford, Carlton Djam, Kiante Hardin, Dior Johnson and Tamarion Johnson. One-year suspensions were recommendedy for Seth Green, Kobe McCrary, Mark Williams and Antoine Winfield Jr. Probation was recommended Antonio Shenault...

The U “surprised” Pacyga and his client last night by clarifying the role the player played in the alleged assault, he said.

“The university is not going after Mr. [Antoine] Winfield Jr. for any alleged sexual conduct nor any alleged request for any sexual contact with the reporting student,” Pacyga said.

Pacyga said the student is now being accused of being outside the bedroom door during the alleged sexual assault.

“I don’t know if it’s a break,” he said. “But nonetheless, I’m grateful the issue was narrowed, because it was vague and wide up to that point.”

Pacyga added that others got a similar break, but would not say whom.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...ion-hearings-head-into-final-hours/412020566/

So, situational ethics. It's only bad and a terrible culture if you get caught. Got it. Given what was in the police report. Given that an AD at a Power 5 Conference cannot fein ignorance on the title IX process, seems like maybe the AD should have suspended the players right then and there. Would he have been vilified? You bet he would have. For doing the right thing. Not for hoping the whole thing would go away, which is what Mark Coyle did. That is not leadership. That is a fireable offense, and the righteousness he's displayed in the aftermath displays his open hypocrisy. The man has no moral compass and no integrity. He needs to go.

Weather guy has ignored the obvious leadership void by Coyle. And ignored the obvious lack of honesty and integrity.

Top Bottom