Adam beck commits!

He must be a nekton and a Howpher. So I assume he redshirts this year due to being such a late arrival to camp?

With lack of depth in the defensive backfield...I'd hesitate to assume anything. Would be nice if he redshirted but an injury or two and he might be forced to play.

Word is Beck is on campus and cleared to practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is great news indeed! Our highest ranked corner in this class and one of our highest ranked recruits with a nice offer list. Let's just hope he can handle it now.

Gonna be difficult for him to catch up enough to play meaningful minutes the first half of the season- and question at that point, unless he's an all star in practice, that it's worth burning his redshirt for the last few games (unless we're fighting for a spot in the championship game)

Gonna be difficult for him to catch up enough to play meaningful minutes the first half of the season- and question at that point, unless he's an all star in practice, that it's worth burning his redshirt for the last few games (unless we're fighting for a spot in the championship game)

You are probably correct, but it appears that Estes is going to play and even though Beck missed 3 weeks of practice he still is a much more experienced cornerback. Not arguing, but you never know.

Estes moved to DB 2 weeks ago and he is already in the nickel rotation. I bet Beck sees the field by the 3rd game.

You are probably correct, but it appears that Estes is going to play and even though Beck missed 3 weeks of practice he still is a much more experienced cornerback. Not arguing, but you never know.

True but he not only missed 3 weeks of fall practice but all of the exposure to terminology and assignments with summer "captains practices". Before someone says Estes was on offense in the summer I realize that but if he's a bright kid he was listening to both offensive and defensive terminology during skeleton drills etc

True but he not only missed 3 weeks of fall practice but all of the exposure to terminology and assignments with summer "captains practices". Before someone says Estes was on offense in the summer I realize that but if he's a bright kid he was listening to both offensive and defensive terminology during skeleton drills etc

Not only that, but he doesn't know the ins and outs and terminology of the culture either. :confused:

As a corner, he does have some catching up to do, but would think that position is a little easier to figure out in a short amount of time.
If he is talented enough and is in physical condition to play, he should be able to at least play special teams early on while learning the coverages that the Gophers use.

Top Bottom