Bryson Jackson going to Baylor right now.

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Gophers’ linebacker recruit Bryson Jackson flipped his oral commitment to Baylor on Sunday, he said on Twitter.

Jackson, a 6-foot-2, 195-pound player from Mansfield, Texas, committed to the Gophers under head coach Tracy Claeys on Dec. 13. Jackson had offers from Houston, Boise State and Fresno State, among others.

““My decision is based on the relationship I have built with the coaching staff and direction of the program at Baylor University,” Jackson wrote in a message on Twitter. “I’m truly grateful to have the opportunity to be part of this outstanding program. I would like to thank all of the coaches and programs that recruited and believed in me.”

With the pledge of Alabama safety Kendarian Handy-Holly on Saturday, the Gophers class has 24 players in 2017. National signing day is Feb. 1.
(Per St. Paul Pioneer Press).

Does that leave Croslen, Creamer, and Layne as the only out of state commits that Claeys landed that are still on board? Layne and Creamer aren't exactly a sure thing either.

Does that leave Croslen, Creamer, and Layne as the only out of state commits that Claeys landed that are still on board? Layne and Creamer aren't exactly a sure thing either.

McLaurin too but he's already enrolled.

Layne had an official visit to Wake Forest this weekend, if he flips there, we should hear soon.

If we lost him to Baylor, you can rule out the sex scandal as the cause.

Jackson is a solid recruit but it's interesting to note that Handy-Holly is listed as a half inch taller and a few pounds heavier despite playing db. Much more of a position of need so I'd make that trade every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackson is a solid recruit but it's interesting to note that Handy-Holly is listed as a half inch taller and a few pounds heavier despite playing db. Much more of a position of need so I'd make that trade every time.

It's not a trade we had to make. With all the changes, I can't blame the kid (or us if we told him to look elsewhere) for moving on. He looks like a solid recruit though. It seems like we will need another LBer.

It's not a trade we had to make. With all the changes, I can't blame the kid (or us if we told him to look elsewhere) for moving on. He looks like a solid recruit though. It seems like we will need another LBer.

Agreed Bob- we could use an ILB too since we burned the shirt on Barber.

Can anyone enlighten me on what's the deal w Creamer? He has a visit w Fleck n tells him he won't visit Iowa, then he does anyway... is that right?

Can anyone enlighten me on what's the deal w Creamer? He has a visit w Fleck n tells him he won't visit Iowa, then he does anyway... is that right?

Yeah he visited Iowa and told the coaches that he wouldn't

I like him too but at 195lbs and a fall enrollee, he was going to be redshirted. Hopefully we can be at a point where we can keep more of our developmental prospects next year and not have to worry about need.

Fleck is behind the 8-ball but the only way we're getting H-H is if he's coaching and it appears the only we keep Jackson is if Claeys is coaching so yes, it was a trade that had to be made once the s$&@storm of September 2nd came out in full detail.

I wasn't that excited about him. One of those players that isn't fast enough for safety and is too light to hold up against the run. Of course those types bulk up often times, but not always enough. Fleck brought his own undersized linebacker from wmu. Linebacker is one position that didn't need a lot of addressing in this class.

Top Bottom