Is P.J. Fleck a no-show on today's Sports Huddle????

DL65

Reaction score
Dave Mona is not on today’s Sports Huddle. Mike Max gave a long list of guests for today’s show; however P.J. Fleck’s name was not mentioned. So I don’t if he’ll be on the show, but I’ll listen to see if he appears when Sid Hartman is on later in the show.

Peter Najarian is today’s co-host with Mike Max.

Go Gophers!!

2-weeks in a row? I get he has more important things to do, but talking on the radio each Sunday seems like something PJF would be all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2-weeks in a row? I get he has more important things to do, but talking on the radio each Sunday seems like something PJF would be all over.

Perhaps he is looking for a radio show that isn't run by mike "I speculated about dirt coming out about Fleck" Max

He wasn't too busy to show up at the basketball game yesterday.

I will not fault him if there are higher priorities.

If a year from now he's gone more than not, I'd hope there would be another venue.

To Brewster's, Kill's, and Claeys' credit, they understood these Sunday morning' with Sid and Dave were Gophers football fans' version of Roosevelt's fireside chats.

Although Glen is very accommodating now, toward the latter years of his tenure he had a way of not showing up after the meltdown losses.

Regardless, Coach Fleck seems to be a savvy guy so we'll see.

Fleck has like 20 visitors on campus this weekend, it's 2 weeks or so until NSD, he has better things to do.

Perhaps he is looking for a radio show that isn't run by mike "I speculated about dirt coming out about Fleck" Max

In MM's defense (which I never want to do) there was some "dirt" about Fleck that came up the next day at his presser. Thing is it was old dirt and PJF handled it like a pro (took blame, used it to learn/get better, didn't go into CYA mode, etc.). One could hope his new boss was taking notes.

He is busy trying to keep his recruits from being poached. Plus, you never know who living room he is in today to seal a deal.

Fleck has like 20 visitors on campus this weekend, it's 2 weeks or so until NSD, he has better things to do.

Yes. I said the same words - better things to do. I simply made a comment that it seems like something that he would normally be all over. I have 0 issues with him missing - I'm guessing most people don't.

He wasn't too busy to show up at the basketball game yesterday.

He was at the basketball game with his army of recruits, not just for his own enjoyment.

I think I could count on one hand the number of times I've listened to that show in the last 5 years.

Yes. I said the same words - better things to do. I simply made a comment that it seems like something that he would normally be all over. I have 0 issues with him missing - I'm guessing most people don't.

I don't think so either but I could easily see where this turns into a "he has no respect for Sid" kind of thing

The show is worthless and a joke anymore. Talk about changing the culture has to involve getting younger people involved. Sid should have been put out to pasture five years ago at least. It is a waste of Fleck's time at this point.
It would be nice to to have a host that actually nows something about CFB. Max is an idiot. Virtually every poster on this board knows more about the team than he does. We need somebody that can ask intelligent and insightful questions. There has to be some ex players that could be involved. Part of building interest has to be getting a real show about gopher athletics. This is a difficult conversation that needs to happen with WCCO.

In MM's defense (which I never want to do) there was some "dirt" about Fleck that came up the next day at his presser. Thing is it was old dirt and PJF handled it like a pro (took blame, used it to learn/get better, didn't go into CYA mode, etc.). One could hope his new boss was taking notes.

It wasn't "dirt". It was a story that was widely circulated and over and done with, and dick heads like Mike Max couldn't wait to turn it into a new story.

He's as hard to listen to as Sid. I'm sorry, but if I'm looking to hire a dancer and you come in with no legs, you're not getting hired. So if you're going to make a living using your voice you probably shouldn't sound like you're spitting all over the mic.

Previous coaches were busy recruiting at this time of year, and generally made time to do the radio show. Kill used to always talk about how he had recruits waiting for him after the radio segment.

I don't live in the Twin Cities, so maybe someone can tell me - is Fleck doing interviews with KFAN, which is the flagship of the Gopher FB radio network?

Maybe Fleck doesn't see the 'CCO show as a requirement because it isn't the flagship station? Time will tell.

Fleck has enough personality that he will get his own TV show. Claeys was soooo dull that no one would have watched him if they gave out door prizes.

Fleck has enough personality that he will get his own TV show. Claeys was soooo dull that no one would have watched him if they gave out door prizes.

I watched TC's show every week. Loved the format. Hope they do the same with PJF. I'll watch it every week too.

He should be recruiting. Do the radio show after NSD.

I don't think so either but I could easily see where this turns into a "he has no respect for Sid" kind of thing

I would not have a problem with him blowing off Max permanently. The guy was a complete tool toward Fleck from the start. Plus, why doesn't else start a morning show of the same ilk? Fleck could be their flagship guest and we could finally say goodnight to this disaster.

Maybe there is no clause in his contract to do the show.

But if there is, Fleck needs to put a phone in someone's ear who is close to the program.

Previous coaches were busy recruiting at this time of year, and generally made time to do the radio show. Kill used to always talk about how he had recruits waiting for him after the radio segment.

I don't live in the Twin Cities, so maybe someone can tell me - is Fleck doing interviews with KFAN, which is the flagship of the Gopher FB radio network?

Maybe Fleck doesn't see the 'CCO show as a requirement because it isn't the flagship station? Time will tell.

This isn't a normal situation though. He took the job less than a month before signing day and just hired his staff.

Loved listening to Claeys talk football. Guy was a defensive wiz. If your a football fan, not sure how you don't enjoy listening to a guy like that talk football.

The Sports Huddle is not elite...

I would not have a problem with him blowing off Max permanently. The guy was a complete tool toward Fleck from the start. Plus, why doesn't else start a morning show of the same ilk? Fleck could be their flagship guest and we could finally say goodnight to this disaster.

+1.

Dan Barreiro's Sunday show on Kfan would be a good spot for Fleck.
Kfan is the radio home for Gopher Football.

Loved listening to Claeys talk football. Guy was a defensive wiz. If your a football fan, not sure how you don't enjoy listening to a guy like that talk football.

I agree. Not the most charismatic or energetic guy but what he lacked in flash he had in substance

He said he is changing the culture. Not being on this radio show may be a part of shaking things up a bit. Or he is focusing on recruiting. I am good either way. Ski U MAH RTB!!

That show was a bore. Kill would show a highlight and then re-wind the damn thing 4-5 times during the showing of the highlight. It was impossible to follow the action. Fleck could have a great show. KFAN may be the flagship but then are basically a Viking/Wild station. Sid is on life supports and impossible to listen to. Max is a moron. Mona is ok in my book. What I would do is have an hour Gopher show every Sunday and then an hour for other sports. Since people are tuning in to hear about sports I would not have a long national and local news segment. Just tell headlines if a story is important. Get someone who is knowledgeable to do the Gopher show, maybe a Gopher Illustrated guy.

Top Bottom