Chip Scoggins: Gophers didn't win, but the Barn was alive again

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Chip:

When it was over, after a final desperation shot missed, Ethan Happ fell to the court and lay on his back, completely exhausted.

All 14,000-plus fans inside Williams Arena probably wanted to join him.

The old Barn got its soul back Saturday. Gophers basketball finally felt important again.

The outcome should sting with disappointment: Wisconsin 78, Gophers 76 in overtime.

The optics should give encouragement because the first sellout in two seasons felt like an event and the game exceeded anticipation.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-didn-t-win-but-the-barn-was-alive-again/411436175/

Go Gophers!!

And the next game won't sell out nor the one after that nor the one after that.
That will be followed by the "It's a moral victory" chorus.
Which will be followed by being happy with playing in the NIT.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I think your wrong. I THINK they will win 5 of next 7 and they should.

This was the biggest home game of the year, so that's all great to hear. But this needs to be this way every home game. People are starting to buy in again. This team has come a long way since last year. They're competitive and that's what makes attending games great. Hopefully attendance is high the rest of the season.

Need to win these home games if they want the Barn and Gopher basketball to feel important again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how attendance is going to be for the rest of the season. The first 2 home Big 10 games were under 11.5k. Hopefully most of the rest will be at least close to sold out. If we can take Wisconsin to OT, we can be competitive in all of the rest of our home games and most should be close.

It was a very good crowd numbers wise and it was great to see the overflowing student section. Unfortunately the game flow didn't generate any significant runs by the Gophers to get the crowd fully engaged. I hope future games have just as many fans and a few more home team runs to really get the crowd involved.

I think your wrong. I THINK they will win 5 of next 7 and they should.

Possible. Ohio state on the road will be very tough but 6 in a row is doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#coacheslivesmatter

I wonder how attendance is going to be for the rest of the season. The first 2 home Big 10 games were under 11.5k. Hopefully most of the rest will be at least close to sold out. If we can take Wisconsin to OT, we can be competitive in all of the rest of our home games and most should be close.

I find it very hard to believe that the MSU game was under 11.5k. Felt like a pretty damn good crowd to me.

Top Bottom