***OFFICIAL wisconsin at MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Had another engagement , so didn't watch the game. I see the replay is at 2:30 am . Hopefully they'll run it more than once. By reading the posts it seems we played fairly well. I did see Mason was 3-14 in shots. It also sounds like Murphy had another airhead game. I think the boys get a week off to lick their wounds. Hopefully they forget the OT loss.

Perfectly said. I have purposely avoided the Wisconsin game at the barn for the last four years, but went tonight when some friends gave us their tickets. Another depressing loss. We had to work hard for baskets and were lucky to have a good shooting night. The last two possessions were the game in a nutshell. Badgers runs perfect screen play and get wide open look and we drive and throw up a prayer.

Koenig was not wide open on that 3. It was a tough shot.

Curry should start for Murphy. In 26 minutes Murphy had one rebound - one! In 19 minutes Curry had 5. Will Pitino make that change? Saw the sign in the student section: The Coffee Shop Is Open ... nice.

In other news, I was sitting in the student section right behind the huge group of football recruits. Unsurprisingly, Coach Fleck came and sat right by the recruits- down the row from us. He took pictures and talked to fans the whole game, which was cool to see. He also danced in his chair a bunch of times when a catchy song came on. He definitely has no shortage of energy!

Actual quote from me during the game.

"Wow! Five minutes to go and Reggie only has three fouls!"

The amount of fouls he racks up highlights how overrated his defense is. Most of the time the foul comes from reaching, holding, and being out of position. If all of his fouls were from attempting to block a shot, he'd average a little over 3 fouls a game because that's his strength. Being in position and being a smart defender is not his strong suit.

The amount of fouls he racks up highlights how overrated his defense is. Most of the time the foul comes from reaching, holding, and being out of position. If all of his fouls were from attempting to block a shot, he'd average a little over 3 fouls a game because that's his strength. Being in position and being a smart defender is not his strong suit.

Agreed. I think I can speak for most...we are all disappointed in the outcome. But when is this culture of winning going to change. Yes, we are young but as a whole we need to step up. As of now, we don't have an individual on this team we can count on to hit critical shots. Nor do we have a team that is confident in crunch time. It comes down to creating a winning culture. Springs shot was huge at the end of regulation, but Koenig's 3 in OT came from confidence in previous situations. We need a go to player to match that. We don't have that yet.

Winning tight games at Purdue and Northwestern were building blocks. But we need a way to hold serve at home. Their confidence may not be rattled but the next few games will be telling. Only PSU was a bad loss according to the NCAA pundits. It's time to grow up and will our way to victory. Their season is young...now it's time to dig deep and win. That builds confidence, and that needs to be their mantra moving forward. This team has winning potential. Let's embrace a winning culture.

Also, I'm thoroughly disappointed that the Barnyard didn't start a "Nigel's hungry" or "Nigel's starving" chant. Really dropped the ball. We need to up the creativity. "F the Badgers" doesn't do anything for me. Or something about how his home state hates him to Illikainen. Take a cue from the Izzone.

No chance? We have already beat Ohio State once and I expect the same on Wednesday. There isn't a game left on the schedule that the Gophers don't have a chance to win. Need Mason to find his shot again and hopefully that is sooner rather than later but this is a good basketball team.

Im not gonna say I told u so....but i did...Called blowout at OSU and we got it....4 Ls in a row...Horrible coaching and little confidence in his players now....Hopefully we get a couple of NIT games at home.

Im not gonna say I told u so....but i did...Called blowout at OSU and we got it....4 Ls in a row...Horrible coaching and little confidence in his players now....Hopefully we get a couple of NIT games at home.
That was a blowout? Believe we lost by 6 and had chances late to tie it. Yes I thought we would win and we played a terrible 1st half but even with that we still win that game if the refs make the correct calls in the 2nd half. Still think this team is fully capable of making the NCAA Tournament but need to get back on that track Saturday.

Top Bottom