***OFFICIAL wisconsin at MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Indiana, Illinois and Ohio State are all very winnable. Maryland is not a huge stretch either

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

No chance on the road against Illinois or Ohio State....Indiana maybe if they play D....I thought this was a different team this year after the Purdue game but its same old same old....If they miss the tourney this year Pitino will be coaching for his job next year despite the great recruiting.

Guys we have one bad loss in the big ten and it's not really that bad. And with one exception they were tight hard fought games. Games that a young team will start to win eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We only have one freshman of the top 6 guys in minutes played. We're not quite as young as people think. Today we started a senior and 2 juniors.

No chance on the road against Illinois or Ohio State....Indiana maybe if they play D....I thought this was a different team this year after the Purdue game but its same old same old....If they miss the tourney this year Pitino will be coaching for his job next year despite the great recruiting.
Purdue and Northwestern are both far better than OSU or Illinois. Of course they have a chance

We beat Purdue on the road but no chance against Illinois or Ohio St? Please. Every B1G game is winnable.

This is not a horrible loss...Penn State..pretty bad. Wisconsin is loaded with 4 seniors that have all played big minutes in countless more important games than this. Lynch doesn't have the foot work or foot speed of either Happ or Hayes. Honestly, this was closer than I was afraid it was going to be. No such thing as a good loss, I agree. But I don't think they loss due to a lack of effort. I would love to see what was available in the last possession besides a 3...anyone see if we could have snuck someone to the basket?

Purdue and Northwestern are both far better than OSU or Illinois. Of course they have a chance

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Did u watch the game against Penn State?...That is what u can expect on the road from now on....Too many empty possessions in crunch time and Mason is killing them with bricked jumpers.

No chance? We have already beat Ohio State once and I expect the same on Wednesday. There isn't a game left on the schedule that the Gophers don't have a chance to win. Need Mason to find his shot again and hopefully that is sooner rather than later but this is a good basketball team.

We beat Purdue on the road but no chance against Illinois or Ohio St? Please. Every B1G game is winnable.
I don't see us winning in Madison or at Maryland. Every other game is winnable
This is not a horrible loss...Penn State..pretty bad. Wisconsin is loaded with 4 seniors that have all played big minutes in countless more important games than this. Lynch doesn't have the foot work or foot speed of either Happ or Hayes. Honestly, this was closer than I was afraid it was going to be. No such thing as a good loss, I agree. But I don't think they loss due to a lack of effort. I would love to see what was available in the last possession besides a 3...anyone see if we could have snuck someone to the basket?

He is coaching for his job. I was in favor of him coming back and think he will make the tourney and keep his job. I like this team. UW is going to win the conference by a wide margin. Gophers need to aim for a high , top 4 type finish. Fans should not settle for 8th or worse finishes or losing 15 in a row to a rival in football. Today was a awesome and hard fought and well played game with a disappointing ending.

We've gone from 3-1 to 3-4. This is following the typicall Gopher collapse to a T. That is why people are frustrated and negative. We're sick of watching the same story line play out season after season. At some point we have to take that next step and actually finish above .500 in the B1G.

I disagree. The blow out against MSU was ugly and we didn't play well against PSU. We played well today, just need to keep getting better. Win the next game and we are .500 in conference with more than half of conference play to go. If you told me that pre-season I'd take it.

We only have one freshman of the top 6 guys in minutes played. We're not quite as young as people think. Today we started a senior and 2 juniors.

Agree with this. Team not as young some people want to believe.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Did u watch the game against Penn State?...That is what u can expect on the road from now on....Too many empty possessions in crunch time and Mason is killing them with bricked jumpers.
Do you watch any other college basketball games? West Virginia knocks off #1 Baylor then loses at home to Oklahoma the very next game. It happens all the time. Calm down.

If they'd lost by 25 today I'd share your alarm. But you're letting two inches om Springs last shot be the difference between NCAAs and 'season over'

One positive from today: At least we didn't waste a scholarship on Alex Illikainen. That 3 was one of the worst shots I've seen in a college basketball game in quite a while. Sheesh, was he overrated in HS or what?

At least half of our rotation didn't play for us last year. We have one senior.

Hey!

Hey! My gosh! We all wanna win. It's a process. Wisconsin has 4 seniors and a really good red shirt sophomore..(that's 3 years). We are young. That's reality. Pitino is building a program. The idea he is a really good coach seems to escape too many of you. We just won too many to start, so now you think we should win them all. 95% of the time our losses are by a couple points. We don't have anybody who is a college basketball star to lead us. That's coaching. All these guys improve.

Mason had a great game today...but he can't make a basket to save his life. He did lots of positive things. He played with confidence. Bakary was awesome! Their guy hit the big three and our guy made one and missed the last big one. That's one simple difference.

We are absolutely moving in the right direction. Patience.

before the game I told myself this is a program changing game. Call me delusional, but serms like same old same old loss to me... tubby years all over again. .500 in big 10 if lucky

Do you watch any other college basketball games? West Virginia knocks off #1 Baylor then loses at home to Oklahoma the very next game. It happens all the time. Calm down.

If they'd lost by 25 today I'd share your alarm. But you're letting two inches om Springs last shot be the difference between NCAAs and 'season over'

I never said season over...I said it is going to be unlikely that they win enough games to be an NCAA tourney team..The last three games have exposed weaknesses and Pitino is just not good enough of a coach YET to overcome them....I do believe that this team is one of the best 68 teams in the country...Prove me wrong guys.

I never said season over...I said it is going to be unlikely that they win enough games to be an NCAA tourney team..The last three games have exposed weaknesses and Pitino is just not good enough of a coach YET to overcome them....I do believe that this team is one of the best 68 teams in the country...Prove me wrong guys.
So you didn't see any improvement from Penn state to today?

before the game I told myself this is a program changing game. Call me delusional, but serms like same old same old loss to me... tubby years all over again. .500 in big 10 if lucky

.500 in the B1G for the Gophers is actually really good over the past 10 years. Haven't been .500 since the 09-10 season and over .500 since 04-05

.500 in the B1G for the Gophers is actually really good over the past 10 years. Haven't been .500 since the 09-10 season and over .500 since 04-05
Yes, usually very optimistic in my posting on here, but man just getting tired of moral victories. At some point we need to get over the hump. I still have hope for the future but gotta start winning these types of games coditrmtly to become top tier in conference. Still young excuse only lasts for so long...

How many years in a row is this going to happen? This goes back to the Monson years that the Gophers lose a seemingly statistically impossible number of 2 possession/OT games especially in conference play. I mean how many shots like Koenig's have Badger fans seen go in over the last decade? The blocked shot that bounded out to Showalter or whoever in OT for a 3 was especially cruel. I thought Coffey was going to go to the line at the end of regulation as he was in front of the defender with nobody back. I thought Coffey got fouled on his drive in OT with the Gophers down 1. My biggest takeaway from this game though is the fact that these opportunities to gather momentum and establish your program won't keep coming along. The Gophers didn't outplay Wisconsin today, but shot above expectation from three and had a chance to both put some distance between themselves and the bubble and encourage a sell out crowd to keep coming back. Instead the game ended in the particularly painful way that so many games have ended post Clem.

I was really, really upset with the coaching in this game. At what point do you start sending a double to Happ/Hayes when they are constantly backing down and getting easy buckets? Make SOMETHING else beat you. There was a stretch of 4 possessions in the second half where Happ scored out of the same set on the post 3 times including a hoop and harm. We'd had issues with Happ on the post in the first half, yet no real adjustment was made. Late in regulation, the Gophers had 3 straight possessions where they turned the ball over without getting a shot up and that reflects really poorly on the coaching as well.

As for individual players, we need more from Nate Mason and Jordan Murphy. Murphy in particular was absolutely horrific on both ends of the floor today. He got abused on defense by Hayes and Brown, took another of his terrible 3 point attempts, had another one of his patented post turnovers and was a net negative pretty much everywhere. Nate's shot is just broken right now, I really didn't understand the decision to not run a top of the key iso for Nate at the end of the first half....settling for a mid range contested jumper there was ridiculously conservative.

Yes, usually very optimistic in my posting on here, but man just getting tired of moral victories. At some point we need to get over the hump. I still have hope for the future but gotta start winning these types of games coditrmtly to become top tier in conference. Still young excuse only lasts for so long...

We don't have anyone on the interior that is as good as Happ. Period...or Hayes for that matter (when he decides to go inside). We have a streak shooting team...defensively, we're solid. (BTW, I am really curious to see what Wisconsin looks like next year...Happ will be a load-then what?)

I hate saying "young", but the experience level of Wisconsin compared to us is night and day. Experience counts for something. I think we are building...This is SOOOOO much better than last year, makes me wonder if there weren't some cancers on the team.

I am the ultimate optimist...I think we can win every game. I don't think there IS a huge separation between us and anyone.

We don't have anyone on the interior that is as good as Happ. Period...or Hayes for that matter (when he decides to go inside). We have a streak shooting team...defensively, we're solid. (BTW, I am really curious to see what Wisconsin looks like next year...Happ will be a load-then what?)

I hate saying "young", but the experience level of Wisconsin compared to us is night and day. Experience counts for something. I think we are building...This is SOOOOO much better than last year, makes me wonder if there weren't some cancers on the team.

I am the ultimate optimist...I think we can win every game. I don't think there IS a huge separation between us and anyone.

I agree, they look so much better and are close to "getting it" they've played a 12 rpi schedules far( prob. Higher after Wisconsin.) they are so close - everyone back except springs next year (replaced by Washington) they are fun to watch and play hard - bitch and complain, but the future is bright.

He is coaching for his job. I was in favor of him coming back and think he will make the tourney and keep his job. I like this team. UW is going to win the conference by a wide margin. Gophers need to aim for a high , top 4 type finish. Fans should not settle for 8th or worse finishes or losing 15 in a row to a rival in football. Today was a awesome and hard fought and well played game with a disappointing ending.

Disappoint for us. Not for you. The Koenig 3 was the difference.

I'm starting to think Murphy is just not very good. He may have just been all we had on a terrible team last year.

Murphy has raw skill and athleticism he's just not very smart or mentally tough.

I also watched the Purdue and NW games.

How many years in a row is this going to happen? This goes back to the Monson years that the Gophers lose a seemingly statistically impossible number of 2 possession/OT games especially in conference play. I mean how many shots like Koenig's have Badger fans seen go in over the last decade? The blocked shot that bounded out to Showalter or whoever in OT for a 3 was especially cruel. I thought Coffey was going to go to the line at the end of regulation as he was in front of the defender with nobody back. I thought Coffey got fouled on his drive in OT with the Gophers down 1. My biggest takeaway from this game though is the fact that these opportunities to gather momentum and establish your program won't keep coming along. The Gophers didn't outplay Wisconsin today, but shot above expectation from three and had a chance to both put some distance between themselves and the bubble and encourage a sell out crowd to keep coming back. Instead the game ended in the particularly painful way that so many games have ended post Clem.

I was really, really upset with the coaching in this game. At what point do you start sending a double to Happ/Hayes when they are constantly backing down and getting easy buckets? Make SOMETHING else beat you. There was a stretch of 4 possessions in the second half where Happ scored out of the same set on the post 3 times including a hoop and harm. We'd had issues with Happ on the post in the first half, yet no real adjustment was made. Late in regulation, the Gophers had 3 straight possessions where they turned the ball over without getting a shot up and that reflects really poorly on the coaching as well.

As for individual players, we need more from Nate Mason and Jordan Murphy. Murphy in particular was absolutely horrific on both ends of the floor today. He got abused on defense by Hayes and Brown, took another of his terrible 3 point attempts, had another one of his patented post turnovers and was a net negative pretty much everywhere. Nate's shot is just broken right now, I really didn't understand the decision to not run a top of the key iso for Nate at the end of the first half....settling for a mid range contested jumper there was ridiculously conservative.

Perfectly said. I have purposely avoided the Wisconsin game at the barn for the last four years, but went tonight when some friends gave us their tickets. Another depressing loss. We had to work hard for baskets and were lucky to have a good shooting night. The last two possessions were the game in a nutshell. Badgers runs perfect screen play and get wide open look and we drive and throw up a prayer.

Top Bottom