***OFFICIAL wisconsin at MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Gophers played very well, Wisconsin was just better. Very disappointing but can't fault the effort.

Sick of conference schedule collapses by the Gophers. They better start winning again or Pitino is going to be on the way out. And I am a Pitino fan. At some point we need to find a coach that can avoid the snowball of losses we always see once the conference schedule gets under way.

Yup, not trying to be negative but the tourney bid which seemed like a lock a couple of weeks ago is now just a mirage. Obviously we CAN still turn it around, but it does not look good. And after last year I don't think Pitino gets the benefit of the doubt, nor should he.

Sick of conference schedule collapses by the Gophers. They better start winning again or Pitino is going to be on the way out. And I am a Pitino fan. At some point we need to find a coach that can avoid the snowball of losses we always see once the conference schedule gets under way.

Most of that comes from our typical cupcake schedule. But you make a valid point that we just cannot get out of our own way. Should have beaten MSU at home, PSU on the road and now this gut wrenching loss to Wisky. For every game where we hit big shots, like Curry at Purdue, there are 3-4 games where we totally self destruct.

A lot of this loss comes from the ill advised shots of Mason and our inability to stop anyone down low. I hope we can learn something from this but surely not the outcome we wanted to have with all the recruits there.

It was a very fun game to watch, but Minnesota can't win if Mason is going to keep shooting so poorly.

Dammit, why can't we ever win those games, especially against Wisconsin? It's effing infuriating.

3a6cc0f8f4217f45c15e842f8712f139.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I don't know why everybody is so pessimistic. We just gave the big ten champions all they could handle. This is not a bad loss for a team with tournament hopes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dammit, why can't we ever win those games, especially against Wisconsin? It's effing infuriating.
They're usually better and even in our own building we almost never get a call

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This team is good enough to make the field but will not qualify.....Cannot finish down the stretch....Maybe next year

I still think we make it. I was never expecting our hot Big Ten start to be sustained and expected some tough conference losses. We've had rough patches like this in our last 3 NCAA tourney seasons.

Basketball's a contact sport. Fouls happen because of it...how a team goes 12 minutes without one being called is hard to comprehend.

Most of that comes from our typical cupcake schedule. But you make a valid point that we just cannot get out of our own way. Should have beaten MSU at home, PSU on the road and now this gut wrenching loss to Wisky. For every game where we hit big shots, like Curry at Purdue, there are 3-4 games where we totally self destruct.

A lot of this loss comes from the ill advised shots of Mason and our inability to stop anyone down low. I hope we can learn something from this but surely not the outcome we wanted to have with all the recruits there.

How would you know if you didnt even watch OT? I mean I'm assuming you stopped watching when you said the game was over in regulation right??

I don't know why everybody is so pessimistic. We just gave the big ten champions all they could handle. This is not a bad loss for a team with tournament hopes.

Agree. Frustrating, but this is still a young team doing young team things. 11 games left, and just going 6-5 would give them a chance to get in the NCAA tournament. Win 7 and I think they'll be in. It's definitely doable.

I'm not sure you'll feel the same way at the end of the season. If we are going to play in any tournament, we need to win games that go to OT, particularly at home. Our margin of error is not what Wisconsin's is.

Did you watch Hayes and Happ at all?

And I also saw us not get called or fouls too. We had 20+ fouls last time out and it took 25 minutes for the skunks to get to the bonus. That is in our favor and won't happen again this year. Blaming the refs is just ****ing silly

I still think we make it. I was never expecting our hot Big Ten start to be sustained and expected some tough conference losses. We've had rough patches like this in our last 3 NCAA tourney seasons.

These guys just cannot finish...At best I see 5 more wins...Iowa Rutgers Michigan Penn State Nebraska....The Big Ten is down this year and won't get an 8-10 team in.

Going to be tough 6 game losing streak a really possibility.

If that happens Pitino could be coaching for his job.

We hit some big shots this game. Problem is Wisconsin did too. When ever we took a 2 or 3 point lead, they'd answer back immediately. Also I think our non conference schedule was like 8th hardest in the Big Ten, so almost half the conference played an easier one. We played pretty well I think, but Happ was killing us obviously. Thought I saw him do a spin move and hook his defender multiple times and never got called for it. Also they must have played him over 40 minutes, I can't recall seeing him off the court.

And I also saw us not get called or fouls too. We had 20+ fouls last time out and it took 25 minutes for the skunks to get to the bonus. That is in our favor and won't happen again this year. Blaming the refs is just ****ing silly
When a guy commits a blatant offensive foul to tie the game with. 50 seconds left and it's not called it tends to affect the outcome

So whats our record in the last 3 games we played? Maybe that why some think things aren't looking good. And sorry, but giving becky a good game is nothing to rejoice about.

These guys just cannot finish...At best I see 5 more wins...Iowa Rutgers Michigan Penn State Nebraska....The Big Ten is down this year and won't get an 8-10 team in.
Indiana, Illinois and Ohio State are all very winnable. Maryland is not a huge stretch either

We've gone from 3-1 to 3-4. This is following the typicall Gopher collapse to a T. That is why people are frustrated and negative. We're sick of watching the same story line play out season after season. At some point we have to take that next step and actually finish above .500 in the B1G.

So whats our record in the last 3 games we played? Maybe that why some think things aren't looking good. And sorry, but giving becky a good game is nothing to rejoice about.
Moral victories are still Losses.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

When a guy commits a blatant offensive foul to tie the game with. 50 seconds left and it's not called it tends to affect the outcome

My point is maybe don't ****ing turn the ball of in ot. Those are what really killed us

Entertaining game and both teams played well. The Badgers have three talented players that can create their own shot.
I wish the Gophers wouldn't have been so careless with the ball a few times. Coffey had two turnovers while driving and dishing and both times he thought his big man would have it. Plays like that cannot happen for his team as they just don't have enough premier offensive players yet.

Guys we have one bad loss in the big ten and it's not really that bad. And with one exception they were tight hard fought games. Games that a young team will start to win eventually.

Top Bottom