Jarvis Johnson

Winasota Gopher

Deep Insider
Reaction score
When we started hearing about the "togetherness" of this squad I started following a bunch of them on instagram. I think coach shut's down their twitter (I'm not young enough to understand twitter anyway) but I use Instagram to check out marketing of competitive brands for work.

Noticed one thing, Jarvis has a common thread to his posts #free12

Take a look at his feed and most recent post.

We can all dream right?

https://www.instagram.com/babyj12/

When we started hearing about the "togetherness" of this squad I started following a bunch of them on instagram. I think coach shut's down their twitter (I'm not young enough to understand twitter anyway) but I use Instagram to check out marketing of competitive brands for work.

Noticed one thing, Jarvis has a common thread to his posts #free12

Take a look at his feed and most recent post.

We can all dream right?

https://www.instagram.com/babyj12/

His account is private, what is the pic?

Pic of his jersey hanging in a locker. With the #free12 and a caption "dreams money can't buy"

Pic of his jersey hanging in a locker. With the #free12 and a caption "dreams money can't buy"

Man that's always tough...These kids work their whole life to get to this point and he had it taken away by something that was out of his control. Hopefully Jarvis at least gets what Eron Harris got on senior night where he got to come out on the court despite being injured.

Man that's always tough...These kids work their whole life to get to this point and he had it taken away by something that was out of his control. Hopefully Jarvis at least gets what Eron Harris got on senior night where he got to come out on the court despite being injured.

Great idea.

Jarvis is closely related to Isaak Johnson, from Mpls. North (lots of highlight dunks, good shooting range), who is going to Western Illinois. Isaak has been a very nice player for North, who maybe has a higher ceiling that he might have expected when he signed at WIU.

Baylor's King McClure has same issue as Jarvis

http://collegebasketball.ap.org/article/kings-heart-baylor-freshman-playing-defibrillator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From the article:
Dr. Michael Ackerman, a cardiologist at the Mayo Clinic, last year co-authored updated guidelines for the American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology that still recommend athletes with HCM avoid participation in most sports. But he said the new guidelines also indicate a need for families who are fully informed of the risks to be able to make their own decisions.

Free Jarvis!

Isaak Johnson does have a high ceiling. He seems to have very bad body language. I wonder about his grades also?

Jarvis is closely related to Isaak Johnson, from Mpls. North (lots of highlight dunks, good shooting range), who is going to Western Illinois. Isaak has been a very nice player for North, who maybe has a higher ceiling that he might have expected when he signed at WIU.

From the article:

Free Jarvis!

I get what you're saying, but the U has to follow it's own world class medical advice. Families with full knowledge of the risks are not the ones who will take the media barrage and likely legal push back if something goes wrong. No basketball program can afford to have a player collapse on the floor when they knew there was a high probability it could happen.

I think the U gave a bad deal to the family by waiting until the last minute to declare him not able to play. He may have had a chance to play elsewhere had he known the U's position earlier. However, they have honored his scholarship, he is obviously around the team, and the fact that he has not looked elsewhere suggests that maybe he and his family think its better that he not be over stressing his heart in D-1 basketball. If they were adamant about him playing, they could have sought other opportunities. At least publicly, they have not done that.

Why because he goes to North? Not all city kids have bad grades you know

I believe in the state championship telecast they said 13 out of the 14 kids on the team were either on the A or B honor roll. I could be mistaken, but I am pretty confident that is what Dave Lee said. Coach McKenzie has done an awfully good job turning around that program on and off the court.

I believe in the state championship telecast they said 13 out of the 14 kids on the team were either on the A or B honor roll. I could be mistaken, but I am pretty confident that is what Dave Lee said. Coach McKenzie has done an awfully good job turning around that program on and off the court.

I thought he said that they were all on the A or B honor roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why because he goes to North? Not all city kids have bad grades you know
Maybe it's because he sees his talent level higher than the school he committed to. Why do you jump to this assumption right away?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Maybe it's because he sees his talent level higher than the school he committed to. Why do you jump to this assumption right away?

Wut? He asked if he was going where he is because of grades...

Are you sure they are related? Isaac's cousin is Tyler Johnson from Gopher football. I have never heard the connection between either of them and Jarvis.

I'm not the one making assumptions he is, if academics truly were the issue it wouldn't matter which NCAA institution he was committed to. As a product of the Minneapolis Public School System i take great pride in all of the successes that come out of the city, except for Southwest, the phony two faced linden hill liberals who clamor for diversity unless heaven for bid it's in their back yard can go pound sand

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I mean he wasn't the person who made the original assumption without any indications that he has issues with his grades.

I'm not the one making assumptions he is, if academics truly were the issue it wouldn't matter which NCAA institution he was committed to. As a product of the Minneapolis Public School System i take great pride in all of the successes that come out of the city, except for Southwest, the phony two faced linden hill liberals who clamor for diversity unless heaven for bid it's in their back yard can go pound sand

i approve this message :drink:

Why is someone as talented as Isaak Johnson going to Western Illinois? Same question I would ask when a suburban kid with loads of talent signs with a really unknown mid major. Thanks for jumping to conclusions about urban kids.

Why is someone as talented as Isaak Johnson going to Western Illinois? Same question I would ask when a suburban kid with loads of talent signs with a really unknown mid major. Thanks for jumping to conclusions about urban kids.

It's not like his just a top ranked prospect. He still playing D1. His offer list isn't anything spectacular. I don't get how his grades being in question was your first assumption regardless. Did you question Ben Woodside grades coming out or did you say he was just an overlooked prospect or many other guys from Minnesota that high majors passed on?

I've seen Isaac Johnson play 10-15 times and he doesn't like anything more than a mid-major guy to me.

It is to bad what happened to Linden Hills...in the 70s and 80s it was a great neighborhood

I've seen Isaac Johnson play 10-15 times and he doesn't like anything more than a mid-major guy to me.

Exactly and that has nothing to do with his grades. I don't understand how someone can make that assumption and wonder why people are questioning what that's supposed to mean. If he was a high major player, he would go high major regardless of his grades. He played on Pulley so he was visible to all coaches around the country. I'm sure if he had pure grades and a high major wanted him they would find a way to get him into school.

I get what you're saying with the Linden Hills neighborhood but plenty of kids at Southwest aren't from that neighborhood. That school is more diverse than most of the high schools in the surrounding suburbs.

Is he actually 6-5? I only saw him on tv and of course against class A competition but he looked dominant. Peeked at the box score when they played Apple Valley he had 21, 21 against Suggs and Minnehaha, and 33 against Hopkins. Not to many athletic 6-5 guys can score like that against good competition and not go to a more known mid major.

Oh well the 9th rated player in the nation is going to Western Kentucky next year so you never know. Mitchell Robinson.

Is he actually 6-5? I only saw him on tv and of course against class A competition but he looked dominant. Peeked at the box score when they played Apple Valley he had 21, 21 against Suggs and Minnehaha, and 33 against Hopkins. Not to many athletic 6-5 guys can score like that against good competition and not go to a more known mid major.

Oh well the 9th rated player in the nation is going to Western Kentucky next year so you never know. Mitchell Robinson.

The competition in high school isn't as good as college. I mean Owen Chose from EP averaged over 20 a game and scored 40 vs Lakeville North. It doesn't mean it translate to Division 1 or high major D1. He wasn't putting those numbers up vs better competition in the EYBL

In howard pulley this is what Isaac Johnson averaged compared to Tre jones. Tre has another year and should blow up.

Isaac Johnson 7.3 ppg, 54% FG, 2.3 rpg, 1.4 ass.
Tre Jones 6.4 ppg, 43% FG, 3.7 rpg, 4 ass.

Just interesting I would say neither lit it up.

In howard pulley this is what Isaac Johnson averaged compared to Tre jones. Tre has another year and should blow up.

Isaac Johnson 7.3 ppg, 54% FG, 2.3 rpg, 1.4 ass.
Tre Jones 6.4 ppg, 43% FG, 3.7 rpg, 4 ass.

Just interesting I would say neither lit it up.

4 dimes per game, when playing limited minutes is pretty good.

Top Bottom