Border rivals - getting nervous?

If I was King of the World, I would order that no Gopher fan could ever utter the word "Wisconsin" UNTIL the Gophers actually beat Wisconsin in an actual game.

Win - then talk. Win - then talk. Talk without winning is pointless and useless.

Threads like this are why Badger fans laugh at Gopher fans. With good reason.

If I was King of the World, I would order that no Gopher fan could ever utter the word "Wisconsin" UNTIL the Gophers actually beat Wisconsin in an actual game.

Win - then talk. Win - then talk. Talk without winning is pointless and useless.

Boy are you on point!

Badger fans are a mess.

We aren't a mess. We are just tired of repeatedly beating our former rivals. I personally think the PJ thing is going to be highly entertaining . Either he will win, leave and crush your hopes or he will be who he is, lose and crush your hopes. Either way, it doesn't seem likely to end well for you all.

+100!!!

That philosophy got Clayes fired. I don't think I've seen this much excitement for the program as I have in the last two weeks. Fleck and his coaches are instantly providing results on the recruiting trail. Will it take time to get there? Yes. But let the man do his job for more than a month before we throw a wet blanket on him....

Exactly...it's been two weeks, so take that for what it is...this recruiting class is no better than the last several. Fleck should win eight regular seasons games next year with the talent that is already here.

Yeah you must have missed it. 93, 98, 99, 2010, 2011, 2012. I didn't say we should be a perennial title contender, but I feel there is no reason we can't get to Wisconsin's level and be in the hunt to win the conference most year, and actually win it even once a decade or so.

Ummm, nobody is saying we can't. Came close to winning West two of the last three years. That's different than to say that both IA and WI are now all of the sudden immediately scared because Gophs hired PJ. He needs to win games. Winning a lot of games will go a long way toward IA and WI actually being scared of the Gophs. Eight in the regular season this year will help...

We aren't a mess. We are just tired of repeatedly beating our former rivals. I personally think the PJ thing is going to be highly entertaining . Either he will win, leave and crush your hopes or he will be who he is, lose and crush your hopes. Either way, it doesn't seem likely to end well for you all.

Let's just be totally clear about this: the title of this thread is complete and utter bullish¡t.

I've talked to many fans of both IA and WI. They may acknowledge that talented players seem gravitate toward Fleck. But they are all completely confident they can continue to mark-down their annual game against Minnesota as a W.

And that's just the way it works. This thread sucks and should really just be deleted because the answer is "F NO, of course not."

Actually you are a mess and it has nothing to do with sports. If any of you skunks do move it is to here to make a better life for yourself. I do give you credit for that but lets face it, Wisconsin is a dump.

Who cares, badger fans have nothing to be worried about. We haven't beaten them since I was in 4th grade!

Exactly...it's been two weeks, so take that for what it is...this recruiting class is no better than the last several. Fleck should win eight regular seasons games next year with the talent that is already here.

This class might be no better than the last several, but the fact that it's no worse speaks to the job Fleck has done in a matter of weeks.

Actually you are a mess and it has nothing to do with sports. If any of you skunks do move it is to here to make a better life for yourself. I do give you credit for that but lets face it, Wisconsin is a dump.

Gopherhole is such a fun place. I love it.

Badger fans have always been an unsophisticated group. They act like college football was invented in 1990 since they claim they have a program of national standing and an "elite" program. They have just gotten lucky. They have only won the big ten in down years for Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan State and others.

Now with Fleck we can see that the Badgers will start wallowing in their crapulence.

If he leaves....that will mean that he's been winning at a rate that the Gophers haven't seen in decades. He's not going to get any fantastic offers by winning 8 games while losing all of our trophy games.

Were the Badgers dreams crushed when Bert bolted to Arkansas?

Sitting in Bozeman , MT watching the Packers get crushed after spending the night in Minny on a fog delay. Watched the Badgersbeat the Gophers twice yesterday ( including the hockey day victory) from Poor Richards in Bloomington . Life is pretty entertaining at the moment. You guys should check out that smartphone thing. It really lets you keep up with your favorite fan base from anywhere in the world.

Sitting in Bozeman , MT watching the Packers get crushed after spending the night in Minny on a fog delay. Watched the Badgersbeat the Gophers twice yesterday ( including the hockey day victory) from Poor Richards in Bloomington . Life is pretty entertaining at the moment. You guys should check out that smartphone thing. It really lets you keep up with your favorite fan base from anywhere in the world.

Make the short drive west on 90 to Manhattan, MT. There is a place there called Sir Scott's Oasis. Try the finger steaks. Unreal.

If you're headed down to Big Sky, continue past Lone Mountain Trail just a little bit to Buck's T-4. If you're in the mood for a cocktail, ask about the Montanan; it's their version of the Manhattan.

Other than that, I hope all your wisconsin teams suffer devastating losses in every sport every time they show up.

Make the short drive west on 90 to Manhattan, MT. There is a place there called Sir Scott's Oasis. Try the finger steaks. Unreal.

If you're headed down to Big Sky, continue past Lone Mountain Trail just a little bit to Buck's T-4. If you're in the mood for a cocktail, ask about the Montanan; it's their version of the Manhattan.

Other than that, I hope all your wisconsin teams suffer devastating losses in every sport every time they show up.

Bucks is awesome , one of our favorites . Also, the bar we were just in (The Pourhouse) had finger steak too. Must be a Montana thing��

Bucks is awesome , one of our favorites . Also, the bar we were just in (The Pourhouse) had finger steak too. Must be a Montana thing��

Sir Scott's take it to a new level. Some nice dive bars right where you are even though most people head over to the Ale Works. I'm not a fan of the layout there.

By the way, I truly wish no ill will on the Gophers. I have seen enough success out of Badger sports over the last 20 years to be happy for a lifetime. I am at the point in my life that I just enjoy Big Ten sports of all varieties . Maybe BTN has done that for me.

Kinda the point I am making. You're here simply because the badgers have been better. To me it says a lot about someone when they feel the need to gloat instead of just enjoying the success. But if it makes you feel better, carry on.

People from Wisconsin and Iowa should always make a little nervous and somewhat uncomfortable.

Top Bottom