Picture: The last supper 2016 HolidayBowl Champs 9-4

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

TC turned skim milk into high fat content ice cream. The water/ wine thing had been done before.

I don't know who Peter or Judas is, but the guy you can't see is the ghost of Mike Sherels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

This picture makes me sad. While I'm happy with the direction the program is headed, I can't help but feel bad for these guys. Tracy is a good person and an even better coach, he didn't deserve to be let go the way he was and have his name smeared. They built this program from nothing to one of the best seasons in a long time. Good luck to all of them in their future endeavors!

This picture makes me sad. While I'm happy with the direction the program is headed, I can't help but feel bad for these guys. Tracy is a good person and an even better coach, he didn't deserve to be let go the way he was and have his name smeared. They built this program from nothing to one of the best seasons in a long time. Good luck to all of them in their future endeavors!

+08

This staff helped put together one of the best seasons in recent history and schemed a great gameplan for the bowl game which we won despite having long odds.

The way that this all went down kind of sucks. Especially considering that in the past two years......a staff that had been together for A LONG TIME is now completely fractured.

No Sawvel, no Sherels. I suppose if this photo is from the 18th he was already on the road.

Sad to see these guys go. That defense was a rare treat and we never got to see what the team could be with an above average offense. But, time for everyone including the coaches to turn the page and move on. It will be interesting to see where everyone ends up over the years.

+08

This staff helped put together one of the best seasons in recent history and schemed a great gameplan for the bowl game which we won despite having long odds.

The way that this all went down kind of sucks. Especially considering that in the past two years......a staff that had been together for A LONG TIME is now completely fractured.

This past season will always be the season that could've been. 8-4 regular season record was practically the worst possible scenario when looking at the schedule pre-season. Lost to our rivals, beat almost nobody good, certainly didn't beat anyone great. One of the least enjoyable Gopher football seasons I've seen and I've hardly missed a game since '84.

My Mom

This past season will always be the season that could've been. 8-4 regular season record was practically the worst possible scenario when looking at the schedule pre-season. Lost to our rivals, beat almost nobody good, certainly didn't beat anyone great. One of the least enjoyable Gopher football seasons I've seen and I've hardly missed a game since '84.
My mom always told me...If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. I think that fits this thread and your comments. These are good people. The bowl victory they game planned still has me smiling a month later. I'm Sorry you dwell on your self pity. Listen to PJ...find somebody to love.

Thanks to the Gopher coaches for their leadership and hard work in achieving a 9 and 4 season.

If this is one of the least enjoyable seasons you've had then you have a very short memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much respect. Before these guys got here.......................

Good luck in the future, and thank you for the past 5 years.

It was a terrific victory, a defensive masterpiece, as Coach Kill said. Not since Warmath have we had defenses as good as those under Kill/Claeys, but they underachieved on offense every year.

I agree. I prefer my favorite team win less games. Much more enjoyable.

9-4 may very well be the best that will be seen during the next ten years...

Minnesota has some good people who are fans...and Minnesota has some real insects for fans too.

Thanks to TC & the STAFFERS. I have a feeling that "elite ball players, coaches and ticket buyers" could very well be waiting for a long time for Michael to row the boat ashore and a number of teams in the Big Ten are going to find fleck ball to be a game to point to. Big Ten student sections may dedicate a little creativity to doing a SNL routine with some of pj's routines.....

Minnesota fans should NEVER dis a 9-4 record...NEVER. Who the heck do we think we are, any way?

If this is one of the least enjoyable seasons you've had then you have a very short memory.

It was a good season. I always have a great time with the people in our section. Unfortunately I can't ask all of the empty seats surrounding us to see how they liked the season.

I was there when we eeked out a win vs Jack rabbits. I remember the touchdown yotes call. We're still trolled by ndsu fans

Brewster won 0 trophy games. Many of those not competitive.

This year was disappointing due to high expectations. And i enjoy were no longer happy with 6 wins like we were not long ago

+08

It isn't every year you can beat both Northwestern and Washington State. There is a good chance we won't do that again for at least 25 years. Unless of course we schedule Washington State in the preseason or happen to play them in a bowl game.

Seriously though, last season to me wasn't close to one of our best seasons in years considering our signature wins were against Northwestern and Washington State.

I agree. I prefer my favorite team win less games. Much more enjoyable.

Nothing is more important in college football than beating your Rivals at least for me personally and we didn't do that.

But honestly when was the season enjoyable? Squeaking out a home win against a bad Oregon State team? Giving up 28 points at home to Indiana State? I didn't feel good about the team after either one of those games. Did it become enjoyable when the Big Ten season started and we choked away the Penn State game and then let that disappointment carry over the next week in a pathetic home loss to Iowa? And by this point in the season I already had such a bad taste in my mouth that I couldn't get too excited about beating Illinois Maryland Purdue and Rutgers. It certainly wasn't enjoyable watching us choke away a second-half lead at Nebraska. The Northwestern game was very enjoyable I'll admit that but the very next week was the collapse at Wisconsin. Then of course came the suspensions and the national embarrassment. When you take an honest look at the season I just don't know where much enjoyment came from especially when you don't win any big games including your rivals.

I fully admit that the Holiday Bowl was beyond impressive. The job that the coaching staff did to keep the kids together and focused and the game planning was exceptional and left me very impressed. The only problem was that it came under a very dark cloud of the sex scandal.

Yes the end result was nine victories but when the most impressive regular-season victory is a home game against Northwestern it's just not that much fun.

What you're describing is the paradox of every fan base. Underdog/loser status lends thrilling victories over perceived better teams leading to heightened expectations going forward. For aspiring fan bases 10 win seasons are meh and 8-9 are a disappointment and discussions revolve around what went wrong rather than excitement. Championships are all that matter.

I completely agree we need to be able to take down Wisconsin. I'd have traded every Big Ten win last season to defeat the reds. It has reached desperation status and I'm not afraid to say it. Mr Fleck has his marching orders now he needs to figure out how to topple the badger.

Seriously though, last season to me wasn't close to one of our best seasons in years considering our signature wins were against Northwestern and Washington State.

In our four losses.....we had leads in the second half. The point is.....we won the games we were supposed to win.....stole a couple.....and stayed competitive in every other game. Best team that we've had in years.

I think the things that made this season strangely unenjoyable had nothing to do with coaching. The coach and staff and team delivered all of the wins expected of them, and a Holdiay Bow win (the first or second-best bowl win in at least a generation).

Nothing is more important in college football than beating your Rivals at least for me personally and we didn't do that.

But honestly when was the season enjoyable? Squeaking out a home win against a bad Oregon State team? Giving up 28 points at home to Indiana State? I didn't feel good about the team after either one of those games. Did it become enjoyable when the Big Ten season started and we choked away the Penn State game and then let that disappointment carry over the next week in a pathetic home loss to Iowa? And by this point in the season I already had such a bad taste in my mouth that I couldn't get too excited about beating Illinois Maryland Purdue and Rutgers. It certainly wasn't enjoyable watching us choke away a second-half lead at Nebraska. The Northwestern game was very enjoyable I'll admit that but the very next week was the collapse at Wisconsin. Then of course came the suspensions and the national embarrassment. When you take an honest look at the season I just don't know where much enjoyment came from especially when you don't win any big games including your rivals.

I fully admit that the Holiday Bowl was beyond impressive. The job that the coaching staff did to keep the kids together and focused and the game planning was exceptional and left me very impressed. The only problem was that it came under a very dark cloud of the sex scandal.

Yes the end result was nine victories but when the most impressive regular-season victory is a home game against Northwestern it's just not that much fun.

Have you forgotten about our history? One of the least enjoyable seasons? Ridiculous.

Have you forgotten about our history? One of the least enjoyable seasons? Ridiculous.

It was one of the least enjoyable for me because we didn't beat our rivals plain and simple.

Honest question. When specifically was the season enjoyable for you? What wins gave you real pride in the team similar to how we felt after the wins at Nebraska, Michigan, and the 51-14 rout of Iowa a couple years ago? The biggest win of the year was a home game against Northwestern.

Sorry but when you lose EVERY opportunity you had to impress(PSU,Iowa,Nebraska,UW) and gain fan interest it's not enjoyable. It's only frustrating.

In our four losses.....we had leads in the second half. The point is.....we won the games we were supposed to win.....stole a couple.....and stayed competitive in every other game. Best team that we've had in years.

Bottom line...if Mitch could have been the player he was projected to be before the season started we had a very good chance at a West title...he just didn't get it done. Not bashing the guy, performance on the field is measured in wins and losses and he wasn't good in those second halves we blew those leads in.

2013 and 2014 were a lot more enjoyable to watch than this year.

Which games did they steal besides Wash St? NW, b/c they weren't a good NW team. And competitive? Unfortunately, very competitive in the Oregon St, Colorado St, and Rutgers games too.

Why? We beat an underwhelming Nebby team twice, a mediocre Iowa team, and a bad Michigan team, but got badly outcoached in the two bowl games.

Yet we beat them, actually destroyed Iowa. This year we lost to an underwhelming Nebraska team and a mediocre Iowa team.

Top Bottom