All Things Quinn Carroll Recruiting Thread

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Unless his life-long goal was to be Gopher, I just don't see how he ends up at Minnesota. He is every bit the recruit that Seantrel Henderson was...as far as offers go.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Unless his life-long goal was to be Gopher, I just don't see how he ends up at Minnesota. He is every bit the recruit that Seantrel Henderson was...as far as offers go.

Well Coughlin chose us over OSU and Oregon, the two teams that played in the national title game a few months before he committed here and I'm sure he could have gotten offers from nearly every team in the country as well if had a expressed more interest in other schools. OSU had the #1 class in the country at that time and Urban went after him hard. I know LSU and a few others tried really hard to get him to take a visit as well. Quinn's is a legacy recruit and his older brother goes to the U right now and has been very complimentary of Fleck. I at least feel a lot better about Quinn than I did about Jashon Cornell or basketball guys like Tyus and Gary Trent Jr.

Well Coughlin chose us over OSU and Oregon, the two teams that played in the national title game a few months before he committed here and I'm sure he could have gotten offers from nearly every team in the country as well if had a expressed more interest in other schools. OSU had the #1 class in the country at that time and Urban went after him hard. I know LSU and a few others tried really hard to get him to take a visit as well. Quinn's is a legacy recruit and his older brother goes to the U right now and has been very complimentary of Fleck. I at least feel a lot better about Quinn than I did about Jashon Cornell or basketball guys like Tyus and Gary Trent Jr.

And now CC is playing as a rushing end instead of LB. I wonder how he feels about the things you have outlined?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And now CC is playing as a rushing end instead of LB. I wonder how he feels about the things you have outlined?

Good? He's always played a rushing end/LB hybrid position.

Good? He's always played a rushing end/LB hybrid position.

Interesting. I wonder what "sacrifices" PJF was referring to that CC has made when talking about where he is practicing this year? How often did CC start a play with his hand on the ground in HS? How often would tOSU ask him to do that? How well is he equipped to do that in the NFL?

I don't know CC and I hope he loves what his position has been / appears to be here, but I would prefer someone with his talent and size would get a chance to play a traditional LB position. If I had to guess I would think he does too.

I feel better about our chances with Quinn. I say we have a 40% chance.

Interesting. I wonder what "sacrifices" PJF was referring to that CC has made when talking about where he is practicing this year? How often did CC start a play with his hand on the ground in HS? How often would tOSU ask him to do that? How well is he equipped to do that in the NFL?

I don't know CC and I hope he loves what his position has been / appears to be here, but I would prefer someone with his talent and size would get a chance to play a traditional LB position. If I had to guess I would think he does too.

He played his entire sophomore year when he would get into varsity games as a standup DE and about half of his highlights from his junior year were as a standup DE as well.

IMO I think using Coughlin as an edge rusher is the best use of his skill set given his length and straight line speed and if he makes it in the NFL, I its more likely as a 3-4 OLB than as 4-3 LB.

I wonder if badger fans last year ever complained about how they only used TJ Watt and Vince Biegel as standup guys on the edge instead of putting them in a more traditional role? You seem to think that playing on the edge as an LB/standup DE is somehow lesser of a role than playing as a 4-3 LB.

Many of the best pass rushers in the NFL are 6'3"-6'5" 250 lbs hybrid LBs/DEs. Connor is 6'4" and can easily get to that 250 lb range. I don't see any problem with him being a hybrid LB/DE in college.

He played his entire sophomore year when he would get into varsity games as a standup DE and about half of his highlights from his junior year were as a standup DE as well.

IMO I think using Coughlin as an edge rusher is the best use of his skill set given his length and straight line speed and if he makes it in the NFL, I its more likely as a 3-4 OLB than as 4-3 LB.

I wonder if badger fans last year ever complained about how they only used TJ Watt and Vince Biegel as standup guys on the edge instead of putting them in a more traditional role? You seem to think that playing on the edge as an LB/standup DE is somehow lesser of a role than playing as a 4-3 LB.

Right. And if he has NFL aspirations, he'll need to get into that 240-250 lb range anyway. Khalil Mack and Von Miller both play the same position as CC under 250 lbs and both are considered among the best defensive players in the league. I'm not comparing his athleticism to them but they don't complain about their position.

Fair enough. Seems my vision of what CC would do when he came here is not in line with others. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. FTR, it was PJF talking about him starting some plays with his hand on the ground (4-3, DE) that turned me off. I'm sure Carter will do great wherever they put him.

You seem to think that playing on the edge as an LB/standup DE is somehow lesser of a role than playing as a 4-3 LB.

Not at all. I seemed to think the role they were carving for CC wasn't as ideal of a role for him. Others have already pointed out reasons/examples that it may and I've acknowledged I could be wrong.

#AllPositionsMatter

Only a 4 star on his initial rivals rating even though his offer list is apparently better than nearly all the 5 star guys. There are only about 100 guys that have received 4 or 5 stars from Rivals for the 2019 class though.

Hopefully, all the hype does not get to his head. He looks like a nice young man.

Does his lower body look smaller in proportion to upper body?

If he wants to be a starter right away, his chances will be much greater at the U than at Alabama or places like that

Just ask JC Hassenauer. If he values Bama education over what the U has to offer, and he is comfortable being a backup more power to him.

The choice is his to make. Either way, I wish him the best of luck.

Hopefully, all the hype does not get to his head. He looks like a nice young man.

Does his lower body look smaller in proportion to upper body?

If he wants to be a starter right away, his chances will be much greater at the U than at Alabama or places like that

Just ask JC Hassenauer. If he values Bama education over what the U has to offer, and he is comfortable being a backup more power to him.

The choice is his to make. Either way, I wish him the best of luck.

Quinn could be good enough to get early playing time at a lot of helmet schools if he is the top lineman in the midwest.

Only a 4 star on his initial rivals rating even though his offer list is apparently better than nearly all the 5 star guys. There are only about 100 guys that have received 4 or 5 stars from Rivals for the 2019 class though.

It's a good sign that he is only a 4 star - that probably means that the services think there is a good chance that he stays home. Wouldn't look right to have Minnesota get a 5 star.

It's a good sign that he is only a 4 star - that probably means that the services think there is a good chance that he stays home. Wouldn't look right to have Minnesota get a 5 star.

+1

Based on what?

Not sure. I don't have VIP on 247. I just see the crystal ball changed. I would be interested to hear what others have heard, if anything, about why Kyle switched it. All that I know is Alabama just offered him.

Not sure. I don't have VIP on 247. I just see the crystal ball changed. I would be interested to hear what others have heard, if anything, about why Kyle switched it. All that I know is Alabama just offered him.

Personally I wouldn't get hung up on the "crystal ball" for this guy. Appears to be a loyal guy, has family here, and if the Gophers do well in the next couple years we have a great shot to get him. He also would get a solid education here that would mean more than from Alabama. You never know when that degree is going to come in handy.

Thats not what that means at all. Do you actually believe that?

Top Bottom