All Things Quinn Carroll Recruiting Thread

Beyond Blessed is better than Extremely Blessed. With our "better than blessed" ranking, we're a lock for him coming here.

Yup, even extremely is still within the boundaries of blessed. Beyond blessed is clearly some other dimension of fortune that science is yet to fully explain.

Yup, even extremely is still within the boundaries of blessed. Beyond blessed is clearly some other dimension of fortune that science is yet to fully explain.

How about "more than beyond blessed"?

Do you believe in fortune cookies? They are blessed words of wisdom aren't they? The same thing with recruits. They are all utterly blessed. Some more so than others.

Do you believe in fortune cookies? They are blessed words of wisdom aren't they? The same thing with recruits. They are all utterly blessed. Some more so than others.

Some beyond others.

I actually think we have a better chance at him now. Currently being recruited by Matt Simon and Brian Callahan. I would assume he was originally being recruited by Ed Warinner. He said the relationship with the OL coach was very important to him, and I thought I saw somewhere that Ed wasn't the most personable guy, so on the relationship front Coach Callahan might be a step up. Obviously don't know though.

On his latest Scoops Podcast, Doogie said that Carroll will will narrow his list down to 5 teams in the next 3-5 weeks, he will then visit each of these schools in April and May and then sometime thereafter in the summer he will announce what school he's going to.

http://www.1500espn.com/tag/the-scoop/

Go Gophers!!

On his latest Scoops Podcast, Doogie said that Carroll will will narrow his list down to 5 teams in the next 3-5 weeks, he will then visit each of these schools in April and May and then sometime thereafter in the summer he will announce what school he's going to.

http://www.1500espn.com/tag/the-scoop/

Go Gophers!!

Any chance of a live webcast with hats!?!?!?

Not to be super negative but even if we're out.... I'd half expect Carroll to include us in the 5. The narrowing down lists from croots always seem to include a local or family team that is just there.... not sure how much I'd think it means something. Not saying we're out, just saying being in, maybe, maybe not quite as in as we think.

Not to be super negative but even if we're out.... I'd half expect Carroll to include us in the 5. The narrowing down lists from croots always seem to include a local or family team that is just there.... not sure how much I'd think it means something. Not saying we're out, just saying being in, maybe, maybe not quite as in as we think.

I wouldn't waste an official visit to a school I'm not considering and especially one in my back yard that I can visit any time.

If MN is in the 5, he is considering MN.

I wouldn't waste an official visit to a school I'm not considering and especially one in my back yard that I can visit any time.

If MN is in the 5, he is considering MN.

What is there to waste for him if he's visiting the other 3 or 4 anyway?

I'm not saying that's the situation but you see a top X list play out all the time with a less than blue blood on the list for no apparent reason. Don't see them picked often.

Since we are getting updates about what hoodie/crew neck he is wearing, I think it would be more appropriate to have it be the wearing of sweatshirts. He could have on an Edina Hoodie first and then take that off to reveal the first school crew neck and continue taking off the crew necks until he is back to an Edina one at the end. It would be hard to have on too many hoodies all at once so going with crew necks would ease that problem.

Have a parachuter land on the football or track field wearing the school's shirt.

Top 75 OT Quinn Carroll visiting Notre Dame this weekend

Top 75 OT Quinn Carroll visiting Notre Dame this weekend
Notre Dame priority offensive tackle prospect Quinn Carroll will arrive in South Bend on Friday night for an unofficial visit.

Kevin Sinclair, 247 Sports

"Sources informed Irish Illustrated that Notre Dame will host elite 2019 offensive tackle prospect Quinn Carroll this weekend.

Carroll, the No. 55 overall prospect in the 2019 class per 247Sports Composite, will arrive in South Bend on Friday evening, spend Saturday on campus meeting with the coaching staff, current offensive linemen, and tour the facilities.

The 6-foot-6, 290-pound Minnesotan will stay in South Bend until Monday morning.

This is an extremely important visit for the Irish, as offensive line is a priority position group for Notre Dame in the 2019 recruiting cycle, and Carroll is a top-of-the-board prospect.

Spending time with new offensive line coach Jeff Quinn will certainly be a crucial aspect of the weekend for Carroll.

The Minneapolis junior holds 32 offers – the most of all the Top 10-ranked offensive tackles in the 2019 class (per 247Sports) – including Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee, UCLA, USC, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin, and others.

This weekend’s visit will mark Carroll’s second unofficial visit to Notre Dame during his junior year. He also visited Ohio State, Virginia Tech, and Minnesota as a junior.

As the rankings stand today, if the Irish were to eventually land Carroll, he would be the highest-rated offensive lineman (per 247Sports Composite) to sign with Notre Dame since Tommy Kraemer in 2016."

https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Article/Top-75-OT-Quinn-Carroll-visiting-Notre-Dame-this-weekend-115188600

Moderator - Go ahead and consolidate or delete this.

247 Has Quinn listed as warm for Minnesota. Doesn't mean anything, but it looks better.

247 Has Quinn listed as warm for Minnesota. Doesn't mean anything, but it looks better.

Bryce Benhart is warmer.

These may all be politically correct smokescreen, but it will be nice to add these two 4 Star homies to the stable.

Bryce Benhart is warmer.

These may all be politically correct smokescreen, but it will be nice to add these two 4 Star homies to the stable.

It's been said by those in the know that if we get one, the other will be going elsewhere as they both want to play the same tackle spot.

It's been said by those in the know that if we get one, the other will be going elsewhere as they both want to play the same tackle spot.

Well then it's about time we unveil our plan to have two guys at one spot!

They are smart enough to know that wherever they end up, that school will want to try them at more than one position.

True or False: A great OL recruit wants to go to a school where there's other great OL recruits -- unlike say a QB where only one person will win the starting job. Being a great OL player alongside mediocre players is just going to get you double teamed; being a great OL player along with other great OL'ers will get you (and the entire line) a lot of attention by NFL scouts.

If we still had Klein as S&C coach then both would still sign - knowing the other would get injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this rumor is even true (doubtful), it's extreme naivete on their part to follow this line of thinking, as either will have great competition no matter which school they attend. Does Bryce Benhart think he's going to have less competition for playing time at wisconsin than at Minnesota?

Any sweatshirt updates?

Top Bottom