All Things Quinn Carroll Recruiting Thread

Jashon Cornell was #1 on ESPN during his junior year.

Seantrel Henderson was #1 on Scout for their final rankings.

Fargo Flash with a prediction of Carroll to the U:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Minn, UCLA, tOSU, or Alabama? Who is going to be his favorite?

VERY interesting that the Bears have hired Harry Hiestand, Notre Dame's highly regarded OL coach and one of Carroll's chief recruiters. Let's hope his departure shoots ND out of sky and eliminates them from contention.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/4260/hiestand-makes-big-impression-on-carroll-family

Well this makes things interesting. It always seemed like an ND or Minnesota recruitment. Still have to think he'll consider them but I would imagine Alabama becomes more prominent in his recruitment.

Take away the Carroll family's affinity for Notre Dame and the opportunity a great education provides, and just focus on the high level linemen Harry Hiestand's turned out to understand what a huge development his departure is in Carroll's recruitment. In the last 4 NFL drafts Notre Dame has had four offensive linemen selected in the top three rounds (Ronnie Stanley, 1st/6th overall in 2017; Zack Martin, 1st/16th overall in 2014; Nick Martin, 2nd/50th overall in 2016; and Chris Watt, 3rd/89th overall in 2014). In 2017 the Irish had a first-team AP All-America tackle (Mike McGlinchey) and guard (Quenton Nelson), both of whom are projected to be first round picks in April's draft. If one of Quinn Carroll's goals is to become a high NFL pick, learning under the tutelage of Hiestand would have been an excellent way to make that happen. Now, all bets are off, and that's a very intriguing turn of events for PJ Fleck and the Gophers.

Take away the Carroll family's affinity for Notre Dame and the opportunity a great education provides, and just focus on the high level linemen Harry Hiestand's turned out to understand what a huge development his departure is in Carroll's recruitment. In the last 4 NFL drafts Notre Dame has had four offensive linemen selected in the top three rounds (Ronnie Stanley, 1st/6th overall in 2017; Zack Martin, 1st/16th overall in 2014; Nick Martin, 2nd/50th overall in 2016; and Chris Watt, 3rd/89th overall in 2014). In 2017 the Irish had a first-team AP All-America tackle (Mike McGlinchey) and guard (Quenton Nelson), both of whom are projected to be first round picks in April's draft. If one of Quinn Carroll's goals is to become a high NFL pick, learning under the tutelage of Hiestand would have been an excellent way to make that happen. Now, all bets are off, and that's a very intriguing turn of events for PJ Fleck and the Gophers.

Just a note of interest in that Alabama had 2 starting offensive linemen from the Midwest. Pierschbacher from Cedar Falls, Iowa and Hassenauer from Woodbury, Minn. How Alabama recruited two Midwest linemen is beyond me. From what I have read, both did very well in the Nike football camp in Chicago to merit getting recruited. Now with N.D. apparently out of the question, I think Alabama becomes the number threat. Since Alabama is just looking for 5 star players who can enroll in Jan., maybe they will ignore Quinn.

Just a note of interest in that Alabama had 2 starting offensive linemen from the Midwest. Pierschbacher from Cedar Falls, Iowa and Hassenauer from Woodbury, Minn. How Alabama recruited two Midwest linemen is beyond me. From what I have read, both did very well in the Nike football camp in Chicago to merit getting recruited. Now with N.D. apparently out of the question, I think Alabama becomes the number threat. Since Alabama is just looking for 5 star players who can enroll in Jan., maybe they will ignore Quinn.

Not true.

So would learning under Ed Warinner's tutelage IMO.

My favorite lines from that article:
"Ed Warinner's impact can't be ignored. Ed Warinner develops NFL offensive lineman. Ed Warinner wins."

So would learning under Ed Warinner's tutelage IMO.

My favorite lines from that article:
"Ed Warinner's impact can't be ignored. Ed Warinner develops NFL offensive lineman. Ed Warinner wins."

He's an elite o-line coach and certainly has a reputation. He's also done well recruiting. If Carroll really wants to play home and make it to the nfl, he most definetely will.

He's an elite o-line coach and certainly has a reputation. He's also done well recruiting. If Carroll really wants to play home and make it to the nfl, he most definetely will.

This is something I hope players are paying attention to. While it's true that we haven't placed a whole lot of linemen into the NFL as of late, Warriner has the pedigree to let players know that they aren't missing a thing by going someplace else. I wonder sometimes about kids continuing to choose the 'grass is greener' approach to colleges when they have access to all needed resources right in their own back yard. I get that some kids just want to leave town but clearly some leave not because they want to but because they perceive the Gophers to be lacking.....that just isn't the case anymore.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Seems to alternate between being honored and blessed. Hopefully for the Gophers he was "Super-Psyched!!"

Amy reports on what hoodies he or his family have been wearing in this cold weather?

Top Bottom