All Things Quinn Carroll Recruiting Thread

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

This is an offer I'd keep an eye on. He seems very proud of his Irish heritage and very religious. I'm not sure if he's Catholic or not though. I've seen he, Collin and Jay all retweet Notre Dame stuff long before he they offered today or even before he visited. If I had to guess, I'd say his top four schools in no particular order would be Minneosta, OSU, Bama and ND.

Notre Dame Football: Quinn Carroll receives offer and is a must get

Carroll is a must-get for Notre Dame. He’s one of the hardest working, humble, and truly talented players in his recruiting class. With two years to improve, he’ll be one of the top players in his class coming out of high school.

It’s hard to image getting any bigger than 6’6, 280-pounds, but for someone who has time to continue bulking, Carroll could be one of the biggest linemen of 2019. By the time he’s ready to play in college, he’ll easily be looking at 300-pounds and could still be one of the most athletic linemen out there. For a kid who’s only a sophomore, that’s scary to think about.

https://slapthesign.com/2017/05/23/notre-dame-football-quinn-carroll-receives-offer-must-get/

This is an offer I'd keep an eye on. He seems very proud of his Irish heritage and very religious. I'm not sure if he's Catholic or not though. I've seen he, Collin and Jay all retweet Notre Dame stuff long before he they offered today or even before he visited. If I had to guess, I'd say his top four schools in no particular order would be Minneosta, OSU, Bama and ND.

If he was a private school kid, this offer would worry me even more. If you're raised going to private school, sometimes it's just a more natural fit when it comes to college.

His dad was a private school kid from Winona Cotter, who ended up at the U. Hoping the reverse isn't what happens with Quinn.

Edina may not be private, but it is as close to a private as you can get,without actually being one.:p

If he is truly a "must get" for Notre Dame, shouldn't we just let them have this one? We certainly don't want Kelly getting fired, and losing our coach over it! (I'm obviously kidding, but...)

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

He is sure getting a tour of all the great football factories in the country. Let's hope his Edina education gives him the insight to realize the best one is right here with PJ and the boys. Carry on Dad's tradition and help make the Gophers Rose Bowl champs once again.

When I was Quinn's age I was working at the Farm and Garden, carrying sacks of manure back and forth, loading bags of feed and seed into sedans and pickup trucks. He is really having an amazing and educational experience - hope he appreciates how incredibly fortunate he is.

Which one is better: outstanding, amazing, or phenomenal?

Go Gophers!!

Dude's family must be loaded. He's unofficially visited like 50 colleges.

You must not be familiar with the Edina area

The Edina thing is somewhat of an urban legend. Edina has the 16th-highest per capita income among cities/municipalities in the state of Minnesota at $44,195. Woodland and Minnetonka Beach, numbers 1 and 2 on the list, both have more than twice that amount. Most of the top 10 are places on or near Lake Minnetonka.

The Edina thing is somewhat of an urban legend. Edina has the 16th-highest per capita income among cities/municipalities in the state of Minnesota at $44,195. Woodland and Minnetonka Beach, numbers 1 and 2 on the list, both have more than twice that amount. Most of the top 10 are places on or near Lake Minnetonka.

They have great cake though.

In Edina's case median income may be a better measure than per capita income. Per Edina's Wiki page:

The median household income in Edina in 1999 was $66,019, compared to the averages of $37,974 for Minneapolis and $47,111 for the state of Minnesota. According to a 2007 estimate, the median income for a household in the city was $76,805, and the median income for a family was $114,673.

According to this article Edina has the two most affluent zip codes in the state of Minnesota. https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/print-edition/2015/11/20/minnesota-most-affluent-zip-codes-edina-map.html

per BuckNuts.com:

Minneapolis (Minn.) Edina 2019 offensive tackle Quinn Carroll attended the Buckeyes junior day on Jan. 28. Afterwards Carrroll told Bucknuts he was very impressed, definitely interested in Ohio State, and would return at some point.

That point isn’t too far off.

“It will be Sept. 9, the Oklahoma game,” Carroll said when asked about his next Ohio State visit.

Since offering him a scholarship, Urban Meyer has taken an active approach to recruiting Carroll.

“I love talking with coach Meyer,” Carroll said. “He is a phenomenal coach and a great recruiter and an even better person.”

The 6-foot-6 and 280-pound Carroll currently has 28 scholarship offers. In addition to Ohio State his list includes Alabama, Florida State, LSU, Minnesota, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Iowa, UCLA and Tennessee.

Carroll’s father Jay played tight end for the Minnesota Gophers. But that doesn’t mean Quinn will follow in his father’s footsteps. Carroll has told Bucknuts he is keeping an open mind during the recruiting process.

“Soon after the season I’ll release a Top 10-15,” Carroll said.

When asked if the Buckeyes will make that list, Carroll didn’t hesitate.

“Definitely,” he said.

Carroll is a 4-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He is the country’s No. 90 overall 2019 prospect, the No. 12 offensive tackle, and the No. 1 prospect in Minnesota.

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Arti...nn-Carroll-calls-Urban-Meyer-phenom-106103137

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom