All Things Quinn Carroll Recruiting Thread

I think it's a 1 in 5.

I would think he'd have his favorite three or four out of state colleges and then Minnesota in the "stay at home" category.

Then it's a decision between those 4 or 5.

Unless he knows he definitely wants to play out of state, it's hard for us to get disqualified earlier than most others, I would think.

Often Minnesota has a hat on the table for these MN kids, but that doesn't mean they're truly at a 1 in 5 shot.

It's "The University of Oklahoma", is it not?

Yes, but everything else I see, including their webpage, says University of Oklahoma.

No biggie, I just have never heard anyone call it Oklahoma University.

Yes, but everything else I see, including their webpage, says University of Oklahoma.

Hmm interesting. I guess I don't know then.

Like you said, not a big deal but tons of universities are like this. Here's a few off the top of my head:

IU = University of Indiana
KU = Univerity of Kansas
CU = University of Colorado

Like you said, not a big deal but tons of universities are like this. Here's a few off the top of my head:

IU = University of Indiana
KU = Univerity of Kansas
CU = University of Colorado

Pssst! It's Indiana University.

Don't worry I won't tell anyone.

You realize that's AP right? Not some "player". He does carry some significance in this state.

Isnt his nickname AD, not AP. And the only significance he holds in this state is being a true POS in terms of being a human being.

LOL...oops, you're right! I'm clearly not a fan. You're welcome to tell anyone you'd like -- I make many mistakes :)

I don't think that either of you have been to a game where Oklahoma or Indiana were playing. As both sets of cheerleaders yell "IU" and "OU".

Isnt his nickname AD, not AP. And the only significance he holds in this state is being a true POS in terms of being a human being.

From what I've remembered. During the first couple years Adrian Peterson was AD for All Day, which was the nickname his dad gave to him. People would mistake AD for AP because of his initials, and eventually people gave up with AD and called him AP, including broadcasters. This is just what I can recall from memory.

Pioneer Press: Prized Edina tackle Quinn Carroll starting to sift through offers

Some of the premier programs to offer scholarships to Carroll include Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma and Notre Dame. The Gophers are considered to be in the mix.

“We try to get him out, to expose him to as many programs as possible because, truth be told, he really had no clue what he was looking for,” said Jay Carroll, who lettered for the Gophers from 1981-83 and briefly played for the Vikings and Buccaneers through 1985.

Jay said Quinn’s criteria is starting to crystalize, with location near the top of the list.

“He has four or five offers in Florida,” Jay said. “Do you want to go that far away? Do you want to go to USC or UCLA or Stanford? Do you want to go in the SEC, ACC? Location is big thing, and I don’t think he has an answer to that.”

Jay has heard Quinn often mention the importance of his relationship with the head coach, offensive line coach, and strength and conditioning coach.

“It comes down to relationship and trust,” Jay said. “In the end, I think my bet is that is going to tip the scales the most. It’s just like looking for your spouse.

“As a parent, how can you determine who that is going to be? I really don’t know. He has met a lot of really good guys and a lot of impressive coaches, but are they the ones for him?”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/2...uinn-carroll-starting-to-sift-through-offers/

Go Gophers!!

Pioneer Press: Prized Edina tackle Quinn Carroll starting to sift through offers

Some of the premier programs to offer scholarships to Carroll include Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma and Notre Dame. The Gophers are considered to be in the mix.

“We try to get him out, to expose him to as many programs as possible because, truth be told, he really had no clue what he was looking for,” said Jay Carroll, who lettered for the Gophers from 1981-83 and briefly played for the Vikings and Buccaneers through 1985.

Jay said Quinn’s criteria is starting to crystalize, with location near the top of the list.

“He has four or five offers in Florida,” Jay said. “Do you want to go that far away? Do you want to go to USC or UCLA or Stanford? Do you want to go in the SEC, ACC? Location is big thing, and I don’t think he has an answer to that.”

Jay has heard Quinn often mention the importance of his relationship with the head coach, offensive line coach, and strength and conditioning coach.

“It comes down to relationship and trust,” Jay said. “In the end, I think my bet is that is going to tip the scales the most. It’s just like looking for your spouse.

“As a parent, how can you determine who that is going to be? I really don’t know. He has met a lot of really good guys and a lot of impressive coaches, but are they the ones for him?”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/2...uinn-carroll-starting-to-sift-through-offers/

Go Gophers!!
I like our chances.

I like our chances.

I do too - but I have a small nagging worry about the perception around Ed Warinner, that he's just biding his time here until an OC job or "better" OL job comes along. I have no idea whether that's actually true or not, but the perception does exist and the Carrolls could be concerned that Warinner will be gone before he hits campus or shortly thereafter.

I do too - but I have a small nagging worry about the perception around Ed Warinner, that he's just biding his time here until an OC job or "better" OL job comes along. I have no idea whether that's actually true or not, but the perception does exist and the Carrolls could be concerned that Warinner will be gone before he hits campus or shortly thereafter.

Unlike say an assistant coach at Alabama? Three assistants left Saban's staff at the end of this season. The more successful a program is, the more turnover there is in the assistant coaches as they're moving up the ladder to new positions at other teams.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I heard this was coming. I hoped it was wrong. Yikes.

I feel like this is the type of post you yourself would passive-aggressively insult someone else for making.

September 9, 2009:

Brewster hops on chopper to do local recruiting:

"University of Minnesota football coach Tim Brewster flew in a helicopter around the Twin Cities on Friday night to watch high school games."

http://www.twincities.com/2009/09/10/brewster-hops-on-chopper-to-do-local-recruiting/

Fast forward to today:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nobody has ever said Brewster doesn't know how to recruit. He is still doing a great job recruiting for Florida State.

Brewsters problem is he doesn't know how to coach. Fleck does IMO.

Didn't go to the away game, but I told my teenage boys about PJ arriving in a helicopter and they thought it was awesome.

People will inevitably complain about this. Then, those same people would say they didn't do enough if he chose to go elsewhere.

I think it's great. Pull out all the stops to keep these kids in MN.

Top Bottom