8 wins is unrealistic

Seems this post has evolved into a diatribe by self centered yahoos. (Yahoos def.- people that use Yahoo vs. Google). It seems the real subject of this post has been beat to death. Done.

Honestly, you shouldn't use the term, "yahoo", ever. It's the oldest anti-Semitic racial slur in recorded history and its a direct violation of one of the original Ten Commandments. Oh, I'm not trying to make you feel badly or guilty, the vast majority of the world does not know this, so don't worry about it, just remember for future reference, the ancient Babylonians used the term "Yahoos" to make fun of Israelite captives who had the venerable name of the Creator in their names, one modern example would be the leader of Israel,

Benyamin Netan YAHU

The name Joshua, is just an English rendering of a name that sounded more like Yahoo-shua.

Even names like Isaiah, in the original sounds more like Isa-yahoo.

The Iah is names like Isaiah, and Jerimiah, etc., could be more accurately rendered Yah, or Yahoo.

With Yah and Yahoo, being shortened versions of the original name of the Creator, Yahweh. As can be attested to in dozens if not hundreds of scholarly and authoritative works.

Ok, sorry for the sermon or sunday school lesson or whatever, just thought you might appreciate the straight up honest no holds barred 100% honest truth.

Thanks for the lesson. Interesting. Sometimes we do things innocently.

Honestly, you shouldn't use the term, "yahoo", ever. It's the oldest anti-Semitic racial slur in recorded history and its a direct violation of one of the original Ten Commandments. Oh, I'm not trying to make you feel badly or guilty, the vast majority of the world does not know this, so don't worry about it, just remember for future reference, the ancient Babylonians used the term "Yahoos" to make fun of Israelite captives who had the venerable name of the Creator in their names, one modern example would be the leader of Israel,

Benyamin Netan YAHU

The name Joshua, is just an English rendering of a name that sounded more like Yahoo-shua.

The Iah is names like Isaiah, and Jerimiah, etc., could be more accurately rendered Yah, or Yahoo.

With Yah and Yahoo, being shortened versions of the original name of the Creator, Yahweh. As can be attested to in dozens if not hundreds of scholarly and authoritative works.

Ok, sorry for the sermon or sunday school lesson or whatever, just thought you might appreciate the straight up honest no holds barred 100% honest truth.

I'll have to do more research about his on yahoo.com

I think we will win 7.

5 of: Buffalo, Oregon State, Middle Tennessee, Maryland, Illinois, Purdue
1 of: Michigan State and Northwestern
1 of: Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, and Wisconsin

But I think anywhere from 4 to 9 is reasonable.

I'll have to do more research about his on yahoo.com

Ok, that got me to laugh, :)

I didn't mean to get all heavy, its just a subject I happen to know a lot about. Glad you were able to give a light hearted response, lol.

I think we will win 7.

I honestly can't imagine us winning fewer than 6, but I honestly think we could pull off 10 wins.

But I'm an idiot who has drank the Kool-Aid, I believe in PJF, and I believe in the foundation that Kill built and the players that Kill left behind.

I think we will win 7.

I would buy this.

I think we will win 7.

Four or five would NOT be reasonable.

Four or five would NOT be reasonable.

Hell no, 4 or 5 wins would NOT be reasonable, not under any circumstance. I think 6 wins is the absolute minimum. But 8 is probably not an unrealistic minimum, either. Heck, I thought we could win 10 in regular season last year, and I think we could do the same this coming season. We have 5 home games in conf this season. Did not Kill build a good foundation? I believe he did.

Benyamin Netan YAHU

Nice folk etymology, strangely shoehorned onto a football forum. Yahoo is a word made up in 1726 by Jonathan Swift when he wrote Gulliver's Travels.

I honestly can't imagine us winning fewer than 6, but I honestly think we could pull off 10 wins.

But I'm an idiot who has drank the Kool-Aid, I believe in PJF, and I believe in the foundation that Kill built and the players that Kill left behind.

You shouldn't use the phrase, "drink the Kool-Aid," ever, because making light of mass suicide isn't appropriate. Sorry for the sermon or Sunday school lesson or whatever, it's just a subject I happen to know a lot about.

8 wins. Anything less would be underachieving. I have faith in Fleck. Ski-U-Mah! RTB!

Benyamin Netan YAHU

I've used that word a lot but now that I know there are a few people like you out there who are possibly offended by it I will use it much more.

Nice folk etymology, strangely shoehorned onto a football forum. Yahoo is a word made up in 1726 by Jonathan Swift when he wrote Gulliver's Travels.

No, it was not. Sorry, there are THOUSANDS of references that prove you wrong.

You could not be more wrong. If there was ever anyone on the planet earth more wrong than you, I wouldn't know who that was.

"folk etymology"???? LOL, omg could you truly be that ignorant???

You could not be more wrong. If there was ever anyone on the planet earth more wrong than you, I wouldn't know who that was.

I should introduce you to UpNorth :)

I've used that word a lot but now that I know there are a few people like you out there who are possibly offended by it I will use it much more.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should introduce you to UpNorth :)

Well, I probably shouldn't get so worked up, but there is no subject on planet earth that I know more about than that subject, so it just cracks me up that some totally uneducated moron is so willing to display his ignorance publicly like this guy did. WOW.

Maybe he's just knowingly trying to get under my skin, lol. Which would be fine if this was a religion discussion board, but it's a Gopher sports board and I don't want it to be anything else. I guess I meant only to make a very declarative and authoritative statement that would end the discussion right there. Had I thought anyone would be so idiotic as to dispute my declarative remarks, I may not have posted them.

I'm here to talk Gopher sports. If need be, we can move this discussion to the "other topics" forum. Otherwise the last thing I want to do is start trouble or detract from the discussion at hand.

But if anyone thinks this is something that I should not have brought up, think about this, what if someone had used the term "nigger"??? Would GH have forgiven them for taking offense??? Well, the term "yahoo" is just as offensive, if not more. It's an anti-Semitic term and easily prove as much.

So I am sorry for taking offense, but I did. Now I have let me feelings be known and am satisfied, now I am willing to move on.

Lets get back to talking about how many wins the Gopher's should be expected to win this upcoming season. I believe 8 is VERY realistic.

Oh really? lol WOW you are SO cool. I am sure your mother is very proud of you.

I'll take Merriam-Webster's word over yours. Thanks, though, random Internet poster.

There may or may not be a Yiddish or Hebrew word that sounds like "yahoo" that gets your little panties all in a bunch. That doesn't mean that the English word yahoo is offensive. For example, the English word "see" doesn't mean "yes" just because "si" in Spanish means "yes". The word "yahoo", in English, first appeared in 1726. Period.

Well, I probably shouldn't get so worked up, but there is no subject on planet earth that I know more about than that subject, so it just cracks me up that some totally uneducated moron is so willing to display his ignorance publicly like this guy did. WOW.

Maybe he's just knowingly trying to get under my skin, lol. Which would be fine if this was a religion discussion board, but it's a Gopher sports board and I don't want it to be anything else. I guess I meant only to make a very declarative and authoritative statement that would end the discussion right there. Had I thought anyone would be so idiotic as to dispute my declarative remarks, I may not have posted them.

I'm here to talk Gopher sports. If need be, we can move this discussion to the "other topics" forum. Otherwise the last thing I want to do is start trouble or detract from the discussion at hand.

But if anyone thinks this is something that I should not have brought up, think about this, what if someone had used the term "nigger"??? Would GH have forgiven them for taking offense??? Well, the term "yahoo" is just as offensive, if not more. It's an anti-Semitic term and easily prove as much.

So I am sorry for taking offense, but I did. Now I have let me feelings be known and am satisfied, now I am willing to move on.

Lets get back to talking about how many wins the Gopher's should be expected to win this upcoming season. I believe 8 is VERY realistic.

You think because you say so, that people are just going to bow down and accept it? Ok, champ.

If that's the subject you know about more than any other, you don't know much, as you don't even know that well. Take your social-justice-warrioring somewhere else.

You think because you say so, that people are just going to bow down and accept it? Ok, champ.

If that's the subject you know about more than any other, you don't know much, as you don't even know that well. Take your social-justice-warrioring somewhere else.

You don't have a clue how well I know the subject. The University of Minnesota has a proud tradition in the social-justice-warrioring field, so I'll continue to point out something offensive especially when I am the most knowledgeable about it.

You don't have a clue how well I know the subject. The University of Minnesota has a proud tradition in the social-justice-warrioring field, so I'll continue to point out something offensive especially when I am the most knowledgeable about it.

Except it's not offensive.

I'll take Merriam-Webster's word over yours. Thanks, though, random Internet poster.

There may or may not be a Yiddish or Hebrew word that sounds like "yahoo" that gets your little panties all in a bunch. That doesn't mean that the English word yahoo is offensive. For example, the English word "see" doesn't mean "yes" just because "si" in Spanish means "yes". The word "yahoo", in English, first appeared in 1726. Period.

Your using the example of the English word "see" and the Spanish word "si" just demonstrate your ignorance of proper transliteration.

Those are common words, not names. You are talking about TRANSLATION, when I am talking about TRANSliterATION.

The offensive term "yahoos", comes specifically from A NAME, one of the most ancient names in man's history. And that is simply a historical fact, whether you believe in a higher power or the Judeo-Christian Bible and their version of the most high power or not, it does not change the fact that it is one of the most ancient names in mankind's history.

Words and their meanings are TRANSLATED into other languages are rarely sound the same from language to languate.

Names are TRANSliterATED into other languages and for the most part, the intention is to replicate the same sound as closely as possible.

Watch a news show in any language on earth, and if you watch long enough, you will recognize the names of popular people who you know, such as Michael Jackson or Prince or Benjamin Netanyahu or Margaret Thatcher or Barak Obama or Donald Trump.

People in other languages do not change the sound of names, if they did, no one would know who they are talking about.

The majority of the scholarly world, if not all of the scholarly world, acknowledges that the English rendering of the most Holy Name of The Almighty in the Judeo-Christian scriptures, is most accurately rendered in English as "Yahweh". This is the exact way it is rendered in the Jerusalem Bible, a Roman Catholic English version that was in popular use just a few decades ago.

In modern Bible versions with notes at the bottom or sides of the pages, you can usually find a note at Exodus 3:!4 expressing exactly what I am saying, that the name given to Moses by the Creator at the burning bush and that was used in the Ten Commandments, is rendered "Yahweh" in English.

It comes from the 4 letters in Hebrew that in English are represented by the Y-H-W-H. It is called the Tetragrammaton by some. Those 4 letters could be found inscribed upon the mitre of the High Priest of the Jerusalem temple.

It is the name that many of the most orthodox Jews, if not all Jews, consider SO SACRED, that they refuse to even utter the name. They instead replace it with the names Hashem, which means, "The Name", or Adonai, which means "Lord".

The letter W, is pronounced Double U, for the express reason that it represents the sound uu/oo.

The four letters all have vowel sounds in Hebrew, which makes the name easily pronounceable in any language on earth. The 4 letters have the sounds "Ee-ah-oo-ay" something the uninformed scholars who mostly only knew greek that came up with the name "Jehovah" didn't realize. They mistook the 4 letters to be consonants that were missing the vowel sounds, so they inserted the vowel sounds from the name Adonai, and came up with the Frankenstein of a word "Jehovah".

The name Yahweh or its shortened versions of Yahoo and Yah can be found all throughout scripture, such as

Hallelu-jah, with the jah pronounced as yah, since there was never the letter J in the Hebrew language or the Greek or Roman languages either.

And modern names such as Benjamin Netan-YAHU, pronounced YAHOO.

The name of the Messiah, as rendered in the modern English as Jesus, is nothing but a modern mistransliteration, as it was rendered in Hebrew exactly the same as the name rendered Joshua was, but was changed to Jesus for reasons beyond the scope of correct transliteration, probably done purposely to set the Messiah apart and give him his own unique name, in an effort to highlight his divinity over his humanity that the rendering Joshua would have highlighted.

And since there wasn't a letter J in Hebrew or Greek, the pronounciation and most accurate transliteration of the name Joshua, would be

Yahshua or Yahushua. Ee-ah-oo-shu-ah, Yahu-shua

The Messiah's name honored the Heavenly Father's name.

It was Israelite's way of honoring their creator, by honoring his most holy name in the names of their children.

Eli-YAHU or Elijah.

Yerem-YAHU or Jerimiah

And the name is NOT translated from language to language, it is transliterated, so in whatever language, proper transliteration seeks out the letters that give the reader in that language the direction to pronounce the name as closely as it is pronounced in the original language.

So no matter what language, the Judeo-Christian Creator's name is pronounced "Ee-ah-oo-ayy" (my computer wouldn't let me spell the sound ay , it turns it into at for some reason? but it only needs one y.

Btw, the 2nd Commandment expressly states to honor His name.

Maybe you are a non-believing heathen, or just an atheist or an agnostic and that is your right as an American, and you have the right to go around calling people Yahoos if you so desire, but at the same time, with rights, come responsibilities and consequences and sometimes laws are created that basically put some people's rights not to be harmed over the rights of other people to freely say or do as they wish, when those freedoms are deemed to bring harm to others.

You do not have the right to sexually harass people. When I was in the Army, it was against army regulations to use the "N" word. I know because I took issue when a black soldier seemed to feel comfortable constantly using the word in my presence. I understand that out in the world rappers use the word regularly and are not prosecuted, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that no one is forced to buy their cds or listen to their music on the radio. But my guess is you would find yourself suffering some kind of punishment if you went around the University of Minnesota campus calling people the n word or if you called any nationality by some offensive name/word/label.

And calling people Yahoos is an offensive derogatory term, whether the people using the term understand its true origins or not, especially when the offended party DOES take offense to it and DOES understand its true origins. Which I do and you obviously didn't.

Even the band U2 knows the name of the Judeo-Christian Creator, they wrote a song named Yahweh.

If in 1726 someone in America, out of ignorance STOLE the name Yahoo, that doesn't give them the right to change the meaning of the name, or that it is and has been a name, possibly the oldest name ever in all of mankind's history.

NAMES are not supposed to change. To change a name or its meaning is dishonorable and dishonest and offensive.

You shouldn't use the phrase, "drink the Kool-Aid," ever, because making light of mass suicide isn't appropriate. Sorry for the sermon or Sunday school lesson or whatever, it's just a subject I happen to know a lot about.

The kook-aid drinking or the mass suicide?[emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except it's not offensive.

Yes IT IS.

Whites calling blacks the n word probably tried to argue that it wasn't offensive, too, back in the day.

Racists and bigots and sexists and homophobes always seem to try to claim that their insults and derogatory and offensive words and labels and names are not offensive. Or shouldn't be.

I wasn't implying anything you said was incorrect. I found it interesting and I know next to nothing about the etymology of words.

My post was entirely a rip on UpNorth.

Oh really? lol WOW you are SO cool. I am sure your mother is very proud of you.

Oh calm down Nancy. It's not like we're talking about the N word here. I have news for you. Just because you are offended by the word doesn't mean you're right.

I wasn't implying anything you said was incorrect. I found it interesting and I know next to nothing about the etymology of words.

My post was entirely a rip on UpNorth.

Oh, I'm cool with you Bob.

I can even laugh about the whole thing. I'm a very forgiving and understanding kind of person.

But I'm also not a pushover, either. I'm not a saint or a preacher and I do not think myself better than everyone else. I used the term moron earlier and if someone confronted me about it and claimed they were offended, if I felt they were sincere, I would apologize and make an effort not to use the term again.

I'm not perfect, but I don't ever go out of my way to be more of an imperfect person than I already am. I try to improve myself everyday.

Top Bottom