Stadium Upgrades

I want a mural, similar to what they did at Mariucci Arena, put up above the concession area behind the student sections. Make it huge! It would really liven that part of the stadium up a little bit.

Retire 5-6 more Gopher Greats (or make it a ring of Gopher Greats). Tom Brown, Darrell Thompson, Leo Nomellini, Herb Joesting, Pug Lund for starters.

Tear down that ridiculous office building on the SE side of the stadium.

Create more 'club' space throughout the stadium, particularly on the visitors side.

On the open end of the stadium, upper level, visitors side, north west.

There is that structure with a door that sits up there at the top above the stands.

Paint it maroon or gold or both or something ....

The Vikings paid for nothing in the Turf changeover that is a misnomer.

Yes, the Vikings paid for a turf upgrade when they came. It's now heated.

The biggest thing I'd like to see is something with the concourse. It gets way too crowded and the lines get really long. Not sure what the best solution for that would be but they should at least try something.

Not sure how they'd fund anything expensive though. They already got a lot of criticism for Fleck's salary.

The money that was allocated from the Stadium bill for the turf changeover came from the taxpayers portiong of funding US Bank stadium. Vikings ownership did not pay for the heating coil system or the turf changeover.

The stadium has gotten lots of upgrades, most at the Vikings expense.

Not true, again the Vikings didn't pay for anything. When the Vikings played at TCF bank stadium, all money that came from the taxpayers portions of stadium costs for US Bank stadium, there were portions that were spent on the Vikings at TCF bank stadium came from the taxpayers not Vikings ownership. That allocation for upgrades at TCF was referenced in the stadium bill that was passed by the legislature.

I would like to see them move the band out of the pits near the field and up into the stands. You would here quite a difference in sound if they moved them up into the stands. This would also force more students upstairs to the second deck so that side isn't so empty. They should reduce the student section seating area by two sections in that upper deck portion, so that those seats would fill in more.

The TV's were donated by Best Buy back in the day. In order for that upgrade the U of M would likely have to pay for those now.

Not true, again the Vikings didn't pay for anything. When the Vikings played at TCF bank stadium, all money that came from the taxpayers portions of stadium costs for US Bank stadium, there were portions that were spent on the Vikings at TCF bank stadium came from the taxpayers not Vikings ownership. That allocation for upgrades at TCF was referenced in the stadium bill that was passed by the legislature.

Does it really matter? When the Vikings sign player X to a $10 million contract, do you say that the fans are paying it because they bought the tickets that brought in revenue?

I want a mural, similar to what they did at Mariucci Arena, put up above the concession area behind the student sections. Make it huge!

It would suck all the pictures of our stars would be in black and white...

I would like to see them move the band out of the pits near the field and up into the stands. You would here quite a difference in sound if they moved them up into the stands. This would also force more students upstairs to the second deck so that side isn't so empty. They should reduce the student section seating area by two sections in that upper deck portion, so that those seats would fill in more.

The TV's were donated by Best Buy back in the day. In order for that upgrade the U of M would likely have to pay for those now.

Insignia trash, isn't it?

While we're dreaming, I've always thought the band section should have been designed to amplify their sound, like a band shell-type shape built into the seating.

While we're dreaming, I've always thought the band section should have been designed to amplify their sound, like a band shell-type shape built into the seating.

Move the Lake Harriet Bandshell?

Lambeau looks like a ugly John Deere tractor factory filled with drunk stupid people . Love TCF but would love lower level walk area to come in @ field level.

The men's rooms, especially on the plaza level, would benefit greatly from a large trough. Those lines are a nightmare due to there only being 3 or 4 individual urinals. Slap a wraparound trough in there and get people in and out.

Ridiculous take. Troughs are awful, it's 2017 and they have no place in the stadium experience.

It always amazes me that people insist on going to the bathroom at halftime. With so many stoppages and TV timeouts during the game it's remarkably easy to make a dash, take a whizz, and get back to your seats without missing a play.

Or maybe I should shut up and continue to enjoys the restrooms while the rest of you sheeple wait in line at halftime.

A cage to put Bucky in when he comes. He's only allowed out to be pummeled by the most elite mascot in college sports.

Plus the new banners and bathrooms and concessions up top.

I guess when I said "The Vikings paid for it" I was more getting at that the upgrades were not at the University's expense. Thanks for the clarification though.

I'm sure it is the layout of everything else down there.

Right behind the goalpost, that's prime seating / I like the band there, that would be terrible.

If you go off the field through the tunnels and turn away from the goalpost, the walkway starts sloping up pretty much right away. If they did it in the corner it would be elevated at least a few feet. It would also be hard to move the ramp back because there is stuff right at the top of the ramp.

Behind the goalpost could work. There's a lot of room down there. All that's directly back there are a few locker rooms which could easily be moved. The bigger problem would be the band and the student seating, plus the fact that they'd be going from 2 tunnels to just 1. I don't think there's any reason to change the setup though.

I want a canopy roof for all the seating, would increase noise and keep people protected from the elements - Husky Stadium is an example.

I wouldn't be opposed to endzone seats where they were during the Vikings seasons for the first crack at expanding capacity when necessary.

How about removing the the small field area where all the spoiled kids are playing catch constantly and balls are flying everywhere when I'm trying to get through. If little Johnny can't actually watch the game keep him at home and play catch there. Then there would actually be a nice meeting place there without balls flying everywhere knocking over beers.

Top Bottom