Stadium Upgrades

maroonfive

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about this or had any ideas. I am not talking about expansion but the bank is now 8 years old and most stadiums get some kind of upgrade or remodel periodically. Sometimes you add things that you left out in the original plans. I think the scoreboard needs some kind of change. I also think that statues of Bernie Bierman, Bronko Nagurski, and Bruce Smith are must. I also hope that the University Office Plaza in the southeast corner goes away at some point and that area can be used for tailgating. Just wondering if anyone else was thinking about this.

Ski-U-Mah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always wished they would put permanent bathrooms and concession stands on the top concourse. This would really cut down on the traffic with everyone always going to the same concourse especially since you can't easily walk all the way around with tons of stairs

At the very least a new paint job. The maroon and gold paint around the stadium are Betty sun faded and it'd be nice to see it renewed.

Upgraded sound system
Statues in the plaza where the trees used to be
Bring troughs back to the men's rooms

Wifi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yes, the Vikings paid for a turf upgrade when they came. It's now heated.

The biggest thing I'd like to see is something with the concourse. It gets way too crowded and the lines get really long. Not sure what the best solution for that would be but they should at least try something.

Not sure how they'd fund anything expensive though. They already got a lot of criticism for Fleck's salary.

The biggest thing I'd like to see is something with the concourse. It gets way too crowded and the lines get really long. Not sure what the best solution for that would be but they should at least try something.

Not sure how they'd fund anything expensive though. They already got a lot of criticism for Fleck's salary.

Every stadium is the same. It's a lot of people.

Wider concourses and more lines don't help. We have 3 times the width concourse and twice the vendors as the Metrodome. Not having quarters and half-time seems to be the only solution.

Wider concourses and more lines don't help. We have 3 times the width concourse and twice the vendors as the Metrodome. Not having quarters and half-time seems to be the only solution.

True, but all the vendors take up a lot of that width and makes the concourse much smaller than it needs to be. I agree that adding bathrooms on the top concourse would be huge for the main concourse bathrooms. The stadium was built to accommodate bathrooms up there, why not add some now?

Personally, I'd like to see a few banners added to the stadium...preferably one or two that say Minnesota Big Ten Champions and then at least one that says Rose Bowl Champions-give me that, I'm good!

Upgraded sound system
Statues in the plaza where the trees used to be
Bring troughs back to the men's rooms

Wtf man. You seriously want to pee in a trough like a dive bar?. Or were you talking about for your horse to drink out of ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#coacheslivesmatter

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about this or had any ideas. I am not talking about expansion but the bank is now 8 years old and most stadiums get some kind of upgrade or remodel periodically. Sometimes you add things that you left out in the original plans. I think the scoreboard needs some kind of change. I also think that statues of Bernie Bierman, Bronko Nagurski, and Bruce Smith are must. I also hope that the University Office Plaza in the southeast corner goes away at some point and that area can be used for tailgating. Just wondering if anyone else was thinking about this.

The stadium has gotten lots of upgrades, most at the Vikings expense.

I always wished they would put permanent bathrooms and concession stands on the top concourse. This would really cut down on the traffic with everyone always going to the same concourse especially since you can't easily walk all the way around with tons of stairs

This would be a huge help.

The concourses are wider than US Bank Stadium.

I vote WIFI and statues. Make it so.

The Stadium is fine! Start consistently winning the west and the Big Ten and we can worry about an 8 year old stadium.

The Golden Gophers, after spending nearly three decades calling the Metrodome home, decided to build their very own stadium—without a roof—in which to play football. The resulting TCF Bank Stadium isn't one of the biggest Big Ten stadiums you'll see, but it certainly possesses every modern convenience a football fan could want.

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...every-big-ten-college-football-stadium/page/8

#1 on my wish list too!

First off TCF Bank is my second favorite venue for football (Can't beat Lambeau!) with the largest and best locker room in college or NFL and one of the largest video boards I don't think that there are any upgrades needed... now. I hope one day that we consistently fill TCF for years so that additional seats are required. TCF is built to have anywhere from 10,000 to 30,000 more seats and I believe that if we one day get the capacity to 75,000-80,000 and fill it this will be one of the very best stadiums in all of college football!

No Statues. The chaos surrounding the stadium makes it difficult enough to navigate. I love the open concourse on the West side where there is room to roam in between halves. Adding statues there would take away from that ability. That being said, no idea where you would put a statue unless you add it to the north or south sides away from high traffic areas, but if you put it there, whats the point?

Didn't we already do this in year 3 when they got cash registers?

More water fountains, escalators, and bring back the TD cannon. That is all.

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with your concourse math. The decks, (not including the open end of course) are about the same size as the Metrodome. The concourse is twice the width of Metrodome concourses. But, the Metrodome had a concourse for each deck while TCF only has one. In the end, TCF has double the width for double the amount of people using it. A net zero gain and therefore it feels about the same, which is crowded.

It is a simple and likely cheap thing I have been complaining about for a long time but when the stadium was built they put 11 flag poles on the north rim and had flags for each B1G school. Then, when the conf grew they took the easy way out and simply put up maroon and gold flags. Just add three flag poles and do it right, already.

They could also improve the TVs in the concourse. They are flush mounted so they are harder to see the closer you get to the counters. Get some bigger screens, and mount them at angles so everyone can see them.

Reduce ad real estate on the big board. Add more stats beyond rushing and passing yardage. It would be fun to see ongoing totals for first downs, a quarter by quarter breakdown of scoring, rotating individual stats, etc. there is amazingly little game information shared on such an amazing large scoreboard.

Wtf man. You seriously want to pee in a trough like a dive bar?.

The men's rooms, especially on the plaza level, would benefit greatly from a large trough. Those lines are a nightmare due to there only being 3 or 4 individual urinals. Slap a wraparound trough in there and get people in and out.

The locker room needs something like Notre Dame's "Play Like a Champion" or Florida's "Gator Nose" to give us luck as we take the field. I'd go for a large boulder from the Iron Range with the theme of "Raw Iron that under heat and pressure gets turned into steel". Not sure how that works with Row the Boat...

Very random question regarding the stadium design. I can't remember that far back but was there a reason for where they put the tunnels where they are? I feel like most stadiums have them in the corners or right behind the goalpost. Ours are kind of a mixture of both.

Very random question regarding the stadium design. I can't remember that far back but was there a reason for where they put the tunnels where they are? I feel like most stadiums have them in the corners or right behind the goalpost. Ours are kind of a mixture of both.

I'm sure it is the layout of everything else down there.

Right behind the goalpost, that's prime seating / I like the band there, that would be terrible.

Top Bottom