KSTP Video: Local Gophers Football Recruits React After Meeting With Fleck Tuesday

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen src="http://w3.cdn.anvato.net/player/prod/anvload.html?key=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" width ="640" height="360"></iframe>

http://kstp.com/sports/london-ryerse-bursch-gophers-recruits-met-with-new-coach-fleck/4374913/

Go Gophers!!

Geezo beezo, we're going to the Rose Bowl. ;)

9:50 mark...

Yikes.

Heavy paraphrasing alert... "Fleck wants to win the B1G and go to the Rose Bowl. He's dead serious. When I told Claeys I wanted to do that, he sort of laughed at me. Fleck is dead serious"

Forget everything else - what the TE recruit said at the end is WHY Claeys was fired. There's no telling if Fleck will succeed, but at least we have somebody that believes it is possible. As time passes I get more and more convinced that Claeys was just filling a role. He was highly competent - but not outlandishly ambitious. I'm so excited. Fleck's energy, as a head coach, is as important as any trait you can ask for in that position.

Forget everything else - what the TE recruit said at the end is WHY Claeys was fired. There's no telling if Fleck will succeed, but at least we have somebody that believes it is possible. As time passes I get more and more convinced that Claeys was just filling a role. He was highly competent - but not outlandishly ambitious. I'm so excited. Fleck's energy, as a head coach, is as important as any trait you can ask for in that position.
That's exactly the culture around here that needed to be changed!

Pied Piper Pee Jay Flecker!

The kids will follow him through a mine field with blind faith with the promise of a championship or two.

That's exactly the culture around here that needed to be changed!

AMEN......How can the kids believe if the leaders don't really believe....Tracy good coach - Great guy from my understanding from people who have meet him. Not a great leader.....I was worried our team would take on his low key demeanor.......hard to rally the troops when you're a flat line personality. comes off fake.
We are going to win some games, hopefully next year, that we are not expected to win because he will make the kids BELIEVE.. Coach Kill was good at this. Tracy not so much, does not make him a bad coach or person, just not what you want in a head coach....I think is also what did in Mason...HE excepted being mediocre

My 2 cents

Yikes.

Heavy paraphrasing alert... "Fleck wants to win the B1G and go to the Rose Bowl. He's dead serious. When I told Claeys I wanted to do that, he sort of laughed at me. Fleck is dead serious"

Yep. If that doesn't tell everyone why Claeys is back in Kansas and Fleck is out recruiting for the Gophers now, nothing does. Good hire.

Lol when Brew said it he was endlessly ridiculed, but PJ is like Moses sprinting full speed down Mount Sinai.

Lol when Brew said it he was endlessly ridiculed, but PJ is like Moses sprinting full speed down Mount Sinai.
LOL, yes there are many things on the surface that remind a person of Brewster.

Claeys was not a salesman. He was an engineer. This explains why Claeys was reticent to promise a Rose Bowl and National Championship. It also explains why Fleck/Brewster doesn't bat an eye when declaring national championship goals. Fleck is a salesman to the core.

It's fun to observe the gopherhole and see those who are swayed by salespeople and those who want to talk to an engineer before buying.

Fleck also has a program build, 13-1 season, and NYD bowl under his belt.

Tis the season for optimism. Talk is talk and hype is abound as there are no shortages there. And the incoming recruits are nothing but "Paper Lions."

But one thing for certain is that Fleck has made a lot of noise which has been a good thing. It may even help with ST sales especially if Coyle wakes up and makes some needed changes. But Fleck's presence didn't do much for attendance at WMU until the past season.

Lets hope Fleckball is > than Brewball. Time will tell.

Tis the season for optimism. Talk is talk and hype is abound as there are no shortages there. And the incoming recruits are nothing but "Paper Lions."

But one thing for certain is that Fleck has made a lot of noise which has been a good thing. It may even help with ST sales especially if Coyle wakes up and makes some needed changes. But Fleck's presence didn't do much for attendance at WMU until the past season.

Lets hope Fleckball is > than Brewball. Time will tell.

Judging from the upgrade in the talent of this recruiting class over a very short period of time, there is reason to be excited and a lot more fun to be enthusiastic about the program than a perpetual Debbie Downer waiting for that "one win or one more win" that will change my mind. Often times, walking the path is a lot more fun than the final destination. ROW THE BOAT!

Oh, I'm not comparing the two. In fact, I think PJ absolutely deserves this job right now.

That being said, if in 2007 you were to stop a person from laughing/crying, and then ask them why the Rose Bowl prediction is ludicrous, I think that one of the last reasons they would give is "because Tim B. has never been a head coach or coordinator!"

:clap:

Maybe now people can stop ripping Brewster endlessly for having a goal.

In the end it was losing games.

You can be a total goof in college football, if you win you're a quirky genius. If not everything that is easy to pick on is at fault.

Claeys was not a salesman. He was an engineer. This explains why Claeys was reticent to promise a Rose Bowl and National Championship. It also explains why Fleck/Brewster doesn't bat an eye when declaring national championship goals. Fleck is a salesman to the core.

It's fun to observe the gopherhole and see those who are swayed by salespeople and those who want to talk to an engineer before buying.

People like to rip the "salesmen" on here. You guys act like your "engineers" were having such amazing success.

Oh, I'm not comparing the two. In fact, I think PJ absolutely deserves this job right now.

That being said, if in 2007 you were to stop a person from laughing/crying, and then ask them why the Rose Bowl prediction is ludicrous, I think that one of the last reasons they would give is "because Tim B. has never been a head coach or coordinator!"

Agreed. The rose bowl grass thing took the goal and made it into a stunt.

I have to walk that fine line though... row the boat isn't my cup of tea, but I'm all in.

I'm not buying a house - I'm simply cheering for the college football team I like. Objectively I realize that the Fleck experiment could go bad just as easily as it could go well. But it is way more fun to just 'buy in' and go along for the ride. The last 2 weeks have brought me more excitement for Gopher football than at any point during Claeys' tenure. This isn't serious stuff - Fleck makes it fun. RTB!!! Ski-U-Mah!!!

came here to read about what our recruits had to say. Instead, nothing in here but drivel and the eleventieth debate about Brewster. Stop please. Just because two people have one thing in common, does not mean they have everything in common.

This is the key point that the people who get caught up in the catch phrases and positivity can't seem to understand. Brew had nothing to back up all his talk, Fleck at the very least has had some success as a head coach. Not a guarantee he will succeed here but he is not Brewster 2.0. Fleck is a guy that knows how to be a head coach and has a clear vision of what he wants to do. Brew was learning on the job with no prior experience and for the most part was making it up as he went along.

Fleck is not a salesman he is an architect. A salesman makes a pitch for his product and hopes you bite. Fleck has a vision of the big picture and knows how to build it from the ground up even if you cant see it...Brew was a salesman (turned out he was selling snake oil)

Top Bottom