Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Sid:

• Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck on how he viewed the program’s June recruiting: “We had 16 commits in the month of June. I think that’s one of the biggest months we have ever had in our program history, not just at the University of Minnesota but me being a head coach and our staff being together. Sixteen commits in the month of June. I would consider that an epic June.”

http://www.startribune.com/twins-own...ush/512687682/

Go Gophers!!
    Have recruits always been able to commit in June prior to their senior year?

Quote Originally Posted by GFBfan View Post
    Have recruits always been able to commit in June prior to their senior year?
    You can commit anytime- just can’t sign til NSD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being able to take an official this early is a new development though...believe last year was the first year. A benefit to get kids up here in the summer months to experience the area.

Joe Moore announcing commitment on August 18th. Gophers Crystal Ball favorites. Would be a nice addition. Sorry if this has been posted.

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    Joe Moore announcing commitment on August 18th. Gophers Crystal Ball favorites. Would be a nice addition. Sorry if this has been posted.
    Month from today. Lets go Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    The national guy for 247Sports, Allen Trieu, had this to say about Moore:

Defensive lineman Joe Moore tore through the camp circuit this off-season and finds himself as one of the Midwest's most coveted prospects. He plans to announce his commitment on August 18th with a visit to Arizona State still to come. Minnesota leads on the 247Sports Crystal Ball but the Sun Devils, Illinois and Missouri, where he is a legacy, are among those still in contention.

https://247sports.com/college/minnes...7/#133727067_3
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

I felt like we were full for DE but this 247 breakdown shows we have some spots to fill there:

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 9.08.33 AM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by McPeePants View Post
    I felt like we were full for DE but this 247 breakdown shows we have some spots to fill there:

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 9.08.33 AM.jpg
    At this point it’s more about taking the top talent available. We aren’t going to say no to one of the best DEs in the Midwest.

Go Gophers!!

Default Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    #Gophers football program has sent each member of its 2020 recruiting class a graphic touting how they're currently considered a "consensus Top 25 class," per 247sports, rivals and ESPN. The U currently has 22 members with some room to grow.— Andy Greder (@andygreder) July 25, 2019

Go Gophers!!
    I take it we are targeting kids who don’t know how to use the internet?

Likely an honest mistake or just coach speak.

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post

Oh, I don't know. From a sales standpoint, never a bad idea to reinforce a perceived positive. Keep getting something new from you in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post

The ones who use the internet probably stumble across Gopherhole, read all the negativity, and end up going elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TNGophfan View Post
    Oh, I don't know. From a sales standpoint, never a bad idea to reinforce a perceived positive. Keep getting something new from you in front of them.
    I believe he's speaking more to the fact that this is an untrue statement. Our class is not top 25 on either 247 or ESPN.

Well, it may be technically true or was for a brief moment but obviously won’t hold up by December barring a barrage of favorable re-ratings and/or new 4 star recruits. I suppose we could tout some swag with a championship season in 2018 and asterisk * Quick Lane bowl in 1 point font on the back. Technically true.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    I believe he's speaking more to the fact that this is an untrue statement. Our class is not top 25 on either 247 or ESPN.
    Wonder if someone got confused when they looked at the top 25 list on 247. Underneath each team's ranking is their previous rank, which says 22 for MN. Could have also considered 247 alone to be "consensus" since it is based on composite rankings.

Or maybe they're just flat out lying.