Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

They must have known there would have been some risk as I don't think they planned to take 5 WR recruits, especially given needs elsewhere.

I just checked on Cameron. So far, it doesn't look like he has signed anywhere. I have nothing against Spielman; but I think that Martinez would be dynamic at safety or WR.

Gophers want Fisher as preferred walk-on

PJ Fleck wants Century senior Jack Fisher to play football at the University of Minnesota.

The Gophers' head coach did not offer Fisher a scholarship, but he wants the wide receiver/defensive back as a preferred walk-on at Minnesota. That would mean Fisher would be part of the team and would have a chance to earn a scholarship in the future if he plays well.

"They talked to me earlier in the season and invited me to their game against Wisconsin. Then we just kept on talking and they offered me a preferred walk-on," Fisher said.

While Fisher was excited about the offer, he has a lot of soul searching to do in the near future.
"I'm not sure yet," Fisher said. "I'm still looking around at my options."

Go Gophers!!

Justin Bellido ended up signing his LOI with BC, so we are down to two players with verbals who are still trying to academically qualify.

Sounds like Martinez is still committed to OSU but is waiting to see who his position coach will be.

Wesley Baily commits to Rutgers over Minnesota and Illinois.

Rutgers is the right place for Bailey. I see him as a project who may take 2-3 years before he can contribute. The Gophers don't need that; but Rutgers will probably be improved a bit by then.

The downside to Panagos being at Rutgers is that he knows all the Gophers recruiting intelligence for the next few years.

The downside to Panagos being at Rutgers is that he knows all the Gophers recruiting intelligence for the next few years.
What if we always knew he was going to leave and knowingly fed him false information?

Too late. He has all of the recruiting inside info for 2021and beyond. The relationships the Gophers coaching staff are cultivating.

Too late. He has all of the recruiting inside info for 2021and beyond. The relationships the Gophers coaching staff are cultivating.
Rutgers likely has similar info- the question is whether you can recruit top talent.

I wish Jim Panagos the very best, and I pray and hope that he'll bring comfort to his ailing parents. There is nothing more important than the love and presence of family in times of crisis.

I wish Jim Panagos the very best, and I pray and hope that he'll bring comfort to his ailing parents. There is nothing more important than the love and presence of family in times of crisis.
I'm sure family dynamics came into play here. If ailing parents doesn't come into play for someone then you have to wonder a bit about someone.

Here’s an interesting article about our new Australian punter. He had just started with Prokick in February, and lined up the scholarship shortly after. He was told about Minnesota and committed right away. That would explain why they were able to keep him under wraps until last week. Kind of an unusual situation. Apparently, he’s very athletic too, which brings the threat of a fake punt into play.

Here’s an interesting article about our new Australian punter. He had just started with Prokick in February, and lined up the scholarship shortly after. He was told about Minnesota and committed right away. That would explain why they were able to keep him under wraps until last week. Kind of an unusual situation. Apparently, he’s very athletic too, which brings the threat of a fake punt into play.

Reading "between the lines" seems like we contact Prokick and they selected the guy for our team, which makes sense. Prokick wants to keep their NCAA pipeline going so they're going to choose someone they have confidence in sending our direction.

Top Bottom