Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Jah Joyner just Officially decommitted from Boston College like 10 min ago...I'm assuming thats so he can commit and sign to us tomorrow ;)

Our front 7 is gonna be so much fun in a few years. These last couple draft classes have really help load up on DT/DE/LB talent

per STrib:

Several Gophers football recruits were on the way back from the Mall of America, or maybe it was U.S. Bank Stadium, when one finally spoke up and asked the question on everyone’s mind.

“Are you guys going here? Because this is the best place I’ve ever been. We have to go here.”

Gage Keys, a defensive end from Ohio, heard that and immediately answered, “Yeah, I’m coming here, too.”

That was six months ago, when 12 players committed to play for the Gophers after their “Summer Splash” official visit weekend. Since then, the 2020 class has bonded through Twitter and a group chat, reuniting for the Wisconsin game to experience “College GameDay” and the Gophers’ shot at winning the Big Ten West.

Now, 26 Gophers commits will sign their national letters of intent Wednesday, the start of a three-day early signing period when most football recruits make their decision. Several of them will then become early enrollees, joining the Gophers for January winter workouts and spring ball.

Go Gophers!!

This is really a great article!
Just read it, that is a great article. Highly recommend to anyone interested in reading a brief recruiting synopsis on each recruit. It's a 15-20 minute read though.

At this point, can we say that Kaden Johnson's boat has lost its oars? Zero chance of him being a Gopher? It's right in front of him all this time in his backyard. Yet, he is uncommitted. I hate to see him go to rivals Wiscy, Iowa, or Nebbie.

Fleck and company cast a very wide net as has shown with international players, and won't hesitate to quickly find replacements elsewhere. He wants players who want to be Gophers.

At this point, can we say that Kaden Johnson's boat has lost its oars? Zero chance of him being a Gopher? It's right in front of him all this time in his backyard. Yet, he is uncommitted. I hate to see him go to rivals Wiscy, Iowa, or Nebbie.

Fleck and company cast a very wide net as has shown with international players, and won't hesitate to quickly find replacements elsewhere. He wants players who want to be Gophers.
Nebraska has been stock piling the lb tallent as well... At this point it wouldnt suprise me ig Oregon st was the team he signs with

Entire class is just about signed. Waiting on Itayvion Brown and Bellidio. I don’t think anyone else is left to sign, Mann just signed a second ago

salzie. Check the committed list and look for the clock symbol. Those are the ones planning on attending in January.

Looks like Bellidio is the only one not signed right now, if we’re also accounting for the fact that Dakota Thomas and McGill won’t be signing due to academics. We landed a TE, I don’t believe he’ll be on scholarship though. Wyatt Schroeder from St. Francis HS.

Looks like Bellidio is the only one not signed right now, if we’re also accounting for the fact that Dakota Thomas and McGill won’t be signing due to academics. We landed a TE, I don’t believe he’ll be on scholarship though. Wyatt Schroeder from St. Francis HS.
Reports are the Bellidio is also not signing due to academics. I think we are done already.

So Bellido, Thomas and McGill didn't sign due to academics? Makes sense for the high number of WRs we had then
All of a sudden, our recruiting class looks a lot more balanced and with the last 5 recruits, you get a nice little boost in talent, too!

This might be a stretch of a rumor, but Cam Martinez is a player we visited and he is not gonna sign with Ohio State. Maybe a player we could grab for the final spot if he opens up recruiting.

Otherwise, JD Spielman is always a fun option for everyone to freak out about.

Top Bottom