Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

I see Lockett is off to Michigan St.
It appears those Minnehaha Academy boys just want to get a way from Mpls.

This is a great detailed read on the 2020 class. These kids are coming here because of PJ and the culture. The best part is, all of Ky Thomas’ little brothers and sisters have already decided they want to be Gophers too! His sister is actually a 2022 basketball recruit. I didn’t check further, so I don’t know how good she is, or whether we’re actually recruiting her. She’s the all-state place kicker on the football team too.

This is really a great article!

We offered Black.
Correct. From what I am told, he had a commitable offer early this summer, but that it did have an expiration on it. He wasn't ready to make a decision at that time. My belief is the staff thought he would still be available if they circled back later, but he ended up visiting Iowa shortly there after, loving it, and committing there.

Burns is excited about crystal ball change
As to whom, I don't know

Seems like the Joyner thing is happening. Gonna be interesting to see what they do with the last scholly. Maybe save it for a transfer?

I guess Panagos leaving didn’t hurt us a bit. Everyone is still onboard, including the kid he’s been recruiting since his Temple days.

The SEC created a rule in 2011 limiting teams to 28 signees. The rule also known as the Houston Nutt rule was created following Nutt signing 37 kids while at Ole Miss in 2009.
Good to know- thanks for the info. Was he able to get by initially because of having 37 open scholars thus staying under the 85 rule?

How will we have an opening, whether it’s Joyner or a transfer. I’m having trouble wrapping my brain around the numbers. LOL. Are we going to see several players enter the transfer portal in the next few days?
[/QUOTE

We are going to have a couple who don't qualify

Well, the rumor from a few days ago seems true about Dakota Thomas. Since I don't have a better idea, I'd like to see the rumor of movement by Cameron Martinez come true.

Unlikely this year but maybe in the future. Our class will likely drop in rank slightly leading up to the 2nd signing day.
What do you consider as slightly dropping?

He’s the top international punter! Lead the attached article in this tweet. This is great news.

What do you consider as slightly dropping?
Really just guessing, but 10 spots nationally or a couple spots Big Ten. Seems like that's about what happened last year, no?

Evidently did pretty well. Staff kept this one under wraps pretty well...

49 yard average in the camp. If he can even come close to that in a game situation that would be phenomenal.

I just looked at the ranking for US high school punters, many with 5 stars next to their names. Based on the stats, I think he’d be the top US high school punter, even though he looks like he’s 25.

Here’s his Facebook post regarding his commitment. Best I can tell, he is in fact 25 years old.

I just looked at the ranking for US high school punters, many with 5 stars next to their names. Based on the stats, I think he’d be the top US high school punter, even though he looks like he’s 25.

I believe he's going to be 27 when he does his first punt.

Top Bottom