Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

#7 kicker in the country commits as PWO.

Kesich recently competed at the National Scholarship Camp in July of 2019. He has next level leg power which he demonstrated on kickoffs and is able to call on his "A" ball on field goals. His field goals into the wind were different than other top players at camp in May at the Midwest Showcase Camp. Kesich has the rare size and consistency to play in cold weather and be successful. Kesich is a D1 scholarship player who will be dependable at the next level. His confidence and overall postitive attitude will also embrace him to his teammates.

He’s a big kid who appears to have a big leg. Is it too soon to call him “Legatron?”

Kesich recently competed at the National Scholarship Camp in July of 2019. He has next level leg power which he demonstrated on kickoffs and is able to call on his "A" ball on field goals. His field goals into the wind were different than other top players at camp in May at the Midwest Showcase Camp. Kesich has the rare size and consistency to play in cold weather and be successful. Kesich is a D1 scholarship player who will be dependable at the next level. His confidence and overall postitive attitude will also embrace him to his teammates.

He’s a big kid who appears to have a big leg. Is it too soon to call him “Legatron?”

His highlight reel is really solid. Wisconsin always seems to have these big giant dudes as kickers that can kick it a mile. I’m glad we’ve managed to steal one from their backyard.

Great! Congrats to Dragan! We've got a kicker that will give us touchbacks!

Interesting that he is left footed, you don’t see many left footed kickers. Can he punt too? They will a new punter next year too.

Are they done with scholie recruits, or do they have a mystery spot available?

Certainly a big crootin' weekend, picked up a DE, LB, OL, and a couple of good looking walk ons. Gotta think there is no more scholies but you never know until NSD.

Early in the week, my goals were LB, DE and OL---in that order. As a bonus, the Gophers added a PWO LB and a PWO kicker. That's outstanding! The loss of Panagos didn't seem to matter. If Logan-Redding and Joyner have comparable talent, we got my preference. I think that Logan-Redding will be bigger, and I'd much rather build recruiting strength in Missouri than in Connecticut.

Excellent recruiting by the Gophers staff!

I think the staff is certainly still hoping for Bailey or Joyner if not both. I am not sure Oline recruiting is ending the way the staff hoped either as it feels like Lawrence was a fallback option there. We'll see what changes between now and signing day, but this seems like a solid class that is at/near the Wisconsin/Iowa level. It feels like the disaster that was the last 3 weeks of the season ended any hopes of moving this particular class to a higher level.

So far, the #26 class in the country, 7th in the Big Ten.

I was thinking, is Burns a substitute for Kaden I assume? He was a local kid that I'm sure we all wanted but you only want to take guys that want to be Gophers. I imagine interest will continue to grow and perhaps more of the local kids will want to stay. If not, PJ can continue to swap them out with other quality players.

I think he made some friends this weekend, and they’ve been working on him to get him to commit....Jalen Glaze, Ky Thomas, etc. It looks like a done deal, but I’m gonna hold off until it’s official.

So far, the #26 class in the country, 7th in the Big Ten.

No way we’ll ever have a top 20 class though.

I think he made some friends this weekend, and they’ve been working on him to get him to commit....Jalen Glaze, Ky Thomas, etc. It looks like a done deal, but I’m gonna hold off until it’s official.
Any insight that it looks like a done deal? Or is it a gut feeling?

Any insight that it looks like a done deal? Or is it a gut feeling?

He’s liking the comments from Gopher fans on that post, and reposting a bunch of stuff to his story. Nothing official yet, though.

n3w0qpl.jpg

What Offensive Tackle did we land around noon today from Canada?

Attachments

• 02694D96-7D5B-49AC-A809-F756FAFEC965.png
    02694D96-7D5B-49AC-A809-F756FAFEC965.png
    827.2 KB · Views: 12

No way we’ll ever have a top 20 class though.

Not sure why you are so confident we will. Fleck hasn't landed a top 30 class yet. I think Iowa has landed one top 20 (shockingly it was number 6 in the country) in the "recruiting sites era". I don't think Wisconsin ever has. So it's going to take more than a couple 10 wins seasons to attract that kind of high end talent to this area in my opinion, and we don't even have that at this point.

We have 25 commits. How do they make room for Jah Joyner? Difficult conversations?

Top Bottom