Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

I hope not. That would be a fairly serious recruiting violation.
I deleted my post because it was totally the wrong CJ Smith. It’s our CJ Smith trying to transfer. There are two I guess. I didn’t even notice we had one. Nebraska has one too. My cousin texted me saying CJ Smith entered the portal, and I assumed it was the 4 star from Nebbie.

I deleted my post because it was totally the wrong CJ Smith. It’s our CJ Smith trying to transfer. There are two I guess. I didn’t even notice we had one. Nebraska has one too. My cousin texted me saying CJ Smith entered the portal, and I assumed it was the 4 star from Nebbie.
Good call - thanks for the update.

Good catch, just looked on the portal and he is in there

Same name, same position, same class, from the same state, and both committed to Big Ten schools despite not being from around here. What are the odds?

Harrison Van Dyne also jumped in the portal, so that's now 4 schollies freed up.

Same name, same position, same class, from the same state, and both committed to Big Ten schools despite not being from around here. What are the odds?
Maybe we got the wrong one by accident, like babies switched at birth.

That’s what I was saying to my cousin. The odds of that are probably astronomical.

Can someone please help explain (or link an explanation) of the 85 scholarship limit? It looks like we have 23 or 24 players coming in the 2020 class and after all of the transfer portal news we are down to what looks like 72 scholarship players returning(71 if Winfield declares). Do we really need 9 or 10 more guys to transfer or decommit?

Can someone please help explain (or link an explanation) of the 85 scholarship limit? It looks like we have 23 or 24 players coming in the 2020 class and after all of the transfer portal news we are down to what looks like 72 scholarship players returning(71 if Winfield declares). Do we really need 9 or 10 more guys to transfer or decommit?
Something like that. But they always make it work.

... and/or convert an existing scholarship slot to a PWO slot.

Combination of early enrollees, transfers, giving PWO offers etc. will get them to their number.
I believe Zack Annexstad will go on scholarship soon.

------*-
Don’t think that’s allowed- now you may have a rash of “career ending injuries” ala St Juste

Actually, the "career ending injury" is another way to open up slots. The student still gets a paid scholy but it doesn't count against your cap, such as Jarvis Johnson's situation.

Yep, he's gone.

Thankfully I believe we are getting two better DEs anyway.

Probably missed it in the past few pages, but which 2 DEs?

Based on offers, looked pretty good
Michigan, Baylor, Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Pitt, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse, Washington State, West Virginia

Probably missed it in the past few pages, but which 2 DEs?

Based on offers, looked pretty good
Michigan, Baylor, Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Pitt, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse, Washington State, West Virginia
The two we are looking at are:

and

both will be here on OVs this weekend

Jah Jing! Jah Joyner's Crystal Ball trending 80% MN.

Wesley Bailey visiting on Friday Dec. 13.

Nice but not “studly” looking. We NEED defensive people who can make a difference. Don’t really think we Red-shirted anyone who fills the bill. Our defense will be void of play makers unless we bring in JUCO studs. Haven’t heard of any, have you?

Nice but not “studly” looking. We NEED defensive people who can make a difference. Don’t really think we Red-shirted anyone who fills the bill. Our defense will be void of play makers unless we bring in JUCO studs. Haven’t heard of any, have you?
Have you watched Joyner’s tape? I don’t know what the level of competition is, but it almost couldn’t be more impressive.
I also think we have some ballers that red-shirted. Probably more than a few.

Devere levelston is a JUCO DE we are in on. His 247 profile list him as visiting on the 13th as well? But not sure if thatis accurate.

I don’t know about studly looking, but his tape shows off a lot of athleticism and length. Get him in the weight room. You know who else doesn’t look “studly looking?” Chase Young.

The defensive guys that redshirted this past year are on paper probably the best group that ever has here during the recruit ratings era.

Devere levelston is a JUCO DE we are in on. His 247 profile list him as visiting on the 13th as well? But not sure if thatis accurate.

Maybe it will be a lucky thirteen and the Gophers buttoned up both visiting DEs Bailey and Levelston, and Jah Jing Joyner. A legitimate pass rush is much needed. We need all hands on deck in that department. Like they say,defense win championships.

Top Bottom