Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Courtland Ford has an Official Visit on December 13. Prior injuries are a huge gamble the Gophers are willing to take. Of the twenty-two offers, how many dried up because they were made aware of his prior injuries?

I can only speculate what the problem is with Dickson. Is it personal, disciplinary, or athletic ability? The staff keep personal & disciplinary info private.

There are already two OL commits - Martez Lewis, 6' 7" 320 lbs from Merrillville IND; and Aireontae Ersery, 6' 5", 273 lbs from Kansas City MO.

Why do people keep making this about Dickson? He doesn't start, he's a back-up. There were 16 OL's on team this year and only 5-7 can realistically see the field.

Why do people keep making this about Dickson? He doesn't start, he's a back-up. There were 16 OL's on team this year and only 5-7 can realistically see the field.
Well, he got beat out by other guys.

Just got 3 crystal balls in on Jah Joyner to the Gopher's and he is set to take an OV here after BC fired their coach:

Just got 3 crystal balls in on Jah Joyner to the Gopher's and he is set to take an OV here after BC fired their coach:

Cool, thx. Looks like a nice little project. His length is crazy. On film his arms make him look 8' tall. Offer list is definitly mid 3* with Nebraska, Indiana, Syracuse, UConn, and that ilk.

Fleck has pulled 2 recruits from this school and even mentioned at one of his most recent press conference that he has great ties at Desert Pines. Wouldn't he look good in Maroon and Gold! Let's Go!

Fleck has pulled 2 recruits from this school and even mentioned at one of his most recent press conference that he has great ties at Desert Pines. Wouldn't he look good in Maroon and Gold! Let's Go!

Seems like he’s being projected as a TE. I assume he’ll pick a school where they actually involve the position in the passing game. In other words, he isn’t coming here.

If we threw the ball to our TE’s that would help with the elite TE recruiting.

Climate in the Greater Toronto area is much milder than Minnesota
I lived the first 31 years of my life in the north metro, but now have lived for over 4 years in London, ON (2 hrs W of Toronto) and in my experience the climate is basically identical.

If we threw to our TEs people would complain that we didn’t utilize Bateman or Johnson enough.
Seriously, who would you rather get the ball - those two or Ko Kieft?

If gopherhole were offensive coordinator our playbook would consist of passes to the TE, jet sweeps, and the QB keeping on read options.

Any more news on Dakota Thomas? Or was there nothing to that rumor? Also what’s up with Lockett? Seems lightly recruiting for his rating, no official visits taken?

When I watch highlights of both Daniel Jackson and Ky Thomas, the thing that stands out is they make everything look easy, including spectacular plays. It looks like the defender should be able to make the tackle, but they’re usually left either trucked, or grabbing for air. They don’t look like they have blazing speed, but they are incredibly smooth and sudden. I hope it transfers to Big Ten ball.

If we could somehow flip the #10 recruit in the country....man that’d be a huge step forward in recruiting. Just seeing him flip might even make other big recruits give the Gophers a second thought. a guy can dream right?

Anyone know about this Colby Dempsey kid? CB out of FL, played for St. Thomas Aquinas down there? Doesn’t say he’s committed anywhere or even hinted at a place. Has 16 offers.

If we threw to our TEs people would complain that we didn’t utilize Bateman or Johnson enough.
What top flight TE would want to come here knowing his chances of being developed as a receiving threat are pretty much non-existent TE's in the KC/PJ offense have never been a real part of the passing game and that is a trend that goes back to their WMU days TE's block in this offense There's nothing wrong with that as our WR are exceptional, but it will be difficult to convince a top flight TE to commit here, which is what @paulser21 said

What top flight TE would want to come here knowing his chances of being developed as a receiving threat are pretty much non-existent TE's in the KC/PJ offense have never been a real part of the passing game and that is a trend that goes back to their WMU days TE's block in this offense There's nothing wrong with that as our WR are exceptional, but it will be difficult to convince a top flight TE to commit here, which is what @paulser21 said

I'd venture to think that they realized by now that they have to evolve their offensive repertoire to have the TE involved in pass catching. They must have told Brevyn Spann-Ford that it is coming. I think for the moment until they shore up the OL, they needed more blockers. Bot Iowa and Wisconsin utilize the TEs to sometimes devastating effect on opponents.

Bear in mind that they have a strong slew of receivers. In 2020, they may surprise us and the opponents.

I'd venture to think that they realized by now that they have to evolve their offensive repertoire to have the TE involved in pass catching. They must have told Brevyn Spann-Ford that it is coming. I think for the moment until they shore up the OL, they needed more blockers. Bot Iowa and Wisconsin utilize the TEs to sometimes devastating effect on opponents.

Bear in mind that they have a strong slew of receivers. In 2020, they may surprise us and the opponents.

Right, if you never throw to your TEs, why use them for blocking at all? At that point, they’re just a substandard OL.

Is it possible that an occasional throw to a TE could actually open up more for Bateman or Johnson or help our running game?

Top Bottom