Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

When did he have the knee injury? His Twitter account is very active, but it looks like he played through this season, and he worked out with NFL D-lineman all last summer. Scrolled back as far as April, and didn’t see anything injury related. Didn’t feel like scrolling through 1000s of tweets to go back to 2018.
I couldn't find exactly when the injury occurred, but he had surgery done on both knees at some point.

Courtland Ford has an Official Visit on December 13. Prior injuries are a huge gamble the Gophers are willing to take. Of the twenty-two offers, how many dried up because they were made aware of his prior injuries?

I can only speculate what the problem is with Dickson. Is it personal, disciplinary, or athletic ability? The staff keep personal & disciplinary info private.

There are already two OL commits - Martez Lewis, 6' 7" 320 lbs from Merrillville IND; and Aireontae Ersery, 6' 5", 273 lbs from Kansas City MO.

Thanks for the information on the Ford knee injuries. If he truly had surgery on both knees that explains the downturn in his recruitment and makes him a risky take for anybody. I guess the fact that USC is still after him should be looked at as a good sign even though they are in a different spot than usual with Helton's job security being a daily question.

Thanks for the information on the Ford knee injuries. If he truly had surgery on both knees that explains the downturn in his recruitment and makes him a risky take for anybody. I guess the fact that USC is still after him should be looked at as a good sign even though they are in a different spot than usual with Helton's job security being a daily question.
Backup plan to Courtland Ford? I'd take this guy first - a massive human being at 6' 7" 344 lbs.
He'd be the lowest rated recruit in the class...

Burns said he looked good in a camp last summer, may be a player that needs to get re-graded since he is so off the radar right now.
Would be interesting to know how many guys that the Gophers end up signing, went to a Gophers camp. Probably not at all a meaningful statistic, but just out of curiosity.

Courtland Ford has an Official Visit on December 13. Prior injuries are a huge gamble the Gophers are willing to take. Of the twenty-two offers, how many dried up because they were made aware of his prior injuries?

I can only speculate what the problem is with Dickson. Is it personal, disciplinary, or athletic ability? The staff keep personal & disciplinary info private.

There are already two OL commits - Martez Lewis, 6' 7" 320 lbs from Merrillville IND; and Aireontae Ersery, 6' 5", 273 lbs from Kansas City MO.
I think adding another OL is key to this class, the more bodies the better. This year has proven the value of a large, talented and healthy OL.

I think adding another OL is key to this class, the more bodies the better. This year has proven the value of a large, talented and healthy OL.
Well, the good news is we are likely to add at least one more OL, and possibly 2 or 3 total in the end.

Our current commitment list will change over the next week and a half.

I do love all the people who state things like offers dried up when they have no idea. You don't know unless you're sitting in the room with the coaches deciding on the offer. You can speculate like the rest of us but you don't know and its ridiculous to just dismiss someone who says they're excited about the list.

I do love all the people who state things like offers dried up when they have no idea. You don't know unless you're sitting in the room with the coaches deciding on the offer. You can speculate like the rest of us but you don't know and its ridiculous to just dismiss someone who says they're excited about the list.
People can be excited about an offer list, but since offers are only known about when the high school players report them it is prudent not to get too excited about a players offer list. Especially when there hasn't been activity between the player and some of the bigger name offers (visits to campus or coaches seeing the player at home).

He'd be the lowest rated recruit in the class...
I thought he looked good on the tape I saw. Of course it's a highlight reel. He was driving his guy 10-15 yards downfield on many of the plays. But the fact that he's from Canada probably doesn't help his rating.

I thought he looked good on the tape I saw. Of course it's a highlight reel. He was driving his guy 10-15 yards downfield on many of the plays. But the fact that he's from Canada probably doesn't help his rating.
Yeah, his is even below the recruit from Germany. Maybe a diamond in the rough...I would think there are other more known recruits Fleck can go after. I figured we would see some more spots open up for the 2020 class. We'll know soon enough.

Yeah, he tosses them around like rag dolls, but he most likely outweighs them but something like 150 lbs. He does appear to have a bit of nastiness to him.

Wesley Bailey is another player from Canada that’s on the radar, he is visiting in the 13th as well. Looks like a TE/DE, anyone know what the coaches are targeting him as?

Wesley Bailey is another player from Canada that’s on the radar, he is visiting in the 13th as well. Looks like a TE/DE, anyone know what the coaches are targeting him as?

I've heard DE in everything I've seen. Trying to steal him from Illinois at the moment it seems.

I am really anxious to see how this class shakes out.
Lot of movement in the final weeks.

What I like about the Canadian recruits, is that they are most likely okay with the Twin Cities climate.

Top Bottom