Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Well if the rumors are true that we have some renewed interest by blue chips, it will be interesting to see what Fleck does with this class. Does he drop some guys he's been texting daily for the past 5 months? Does he stick with them and concentrate on 2021 class? This may be the first time at Minnesota he's had to make some hard choices about loyalty to recruits.

A "you can come but you probably won't play" message would get a lot of players changing their mind. There shouldn't be a "National Signing Day". Instead, a recruit should be able to sign anytime during their Senior year. Once they sign, both parties get one week to change their mind. After that, it's binding. Schools don't have to worry about losing a recruit, and recruit's don't have to be worried about getting "Saben'd" (meaning, told at the last minute that they've pulled the offer).

Kaden will announce his decision on Sunday. Win or lose it is Wisconsin. It's been decided for some time. We can't dwell on a player that doesn't want to play here. PJ will adjust and make up for his decision. LSU has made quite an impressive push in the end.
Why would he come visit weekend this weekend (not an official visit) if he was just going to commit to Wisconsin the next day? Why waste the Gophers time? It might be different if he wasn’t going to commit to the team we are playing. Hopefully it’s not true, he would be a really good get. Im holding out hope you’re wrong.

Why would he come visit weekend this weekend (not an official visit) if he was just going to commit to Wisconsin the next day? Why waste the Gophers time? It might be different if he wasn’t going to commit to the team we are playing. Hopefully it’s not true, he would be a really good get. Im holding out hope you’re wrong.
Agreed. I’d love for the information to be wrong.

Yes it wouldn't make sense to stop by this weekend if his mind has been made up. Must be a Gopher or he is doing the team a disservice by wasting their time this weekend. I wouldn't think he would stoop that low. I'm rooting for good news on Sunday.

Free tickets.

Couldn't care less about "Kaden" . Itayvion will be a much better player. Mark my words.
Kaden will be good. I'd take him in a heart beat with Itayvion. Why do you say "Could'nt care less about "Kaden?" Not too welcoming.

Yes it wouldn't make sense to stop by this weekend if his mind has been made up. Must be a Gopher or he is doing the team a disservice by wasting their time this weekend. I wouldn't think he would stoop that low. I'm rooting for good news on Sunday.

Me too

I'm referring to the posters.
I’m thinking the same thing. I’m sure recruits look at this site. I know if I was interested in going to the gophers I wouldn’t want to see the fans saying that about me.

I’m thinking the same thing. I’m sure recruits look at this site. I know if I was interested in going to the gophers I wouldn’t want to see the fans saying that about me.

I feel confident 17 and 18 year old recruits would not be reading through this. Not saying that it’s okay to shit on these kids, but I see twitter as the place where these kids would go to get the vide of fan bases of teams.
That makes me curious, what would be the average age of posters? I’d guess 45

If Kaden is going to WI, why wouldn't he want to come watch them play at TCF?

Sure, some could say that would be a faux pas to do so, but there has probably been worse.

looks like we are hosting a WR target this weekend in Douglas Emilien from Florida. 247 has him ranked as a .8728. his composite ranking is 89

interesting target at this point with so many other WR's committed already. has already visited Virginia and Cincinnati. With West Virginia and Miami visits scheduled as well.

https://247sports.com/player/douglas-emilien-46051391/

Kid has an LSU offer too. Looks like his recruiting has picked up quite a bit in the last few months. Doesn't have size or speed that jumps off the page, but looks plenty fast enough and looks pretty physical for his size. Coached by former NFL dback Patrick Surtain.

If Kaden is going to WI, why wouldn't he want to come watch them play at TCF?

Sure, some could say that would be a faux pas to do so, but there has probably been worse.

Riley Mahlman was at the game vs Penn St and wearing a Gopher shirt even. Still a hard commit to UW on 247. I think PJ is just accommodating no matter what. After games PJ has gone and talked to a few different guys during handshakes he recruited that went a different direction. PJ might just value relationships created in the recruiting process.

I feel confident 17 and 18 year old recruits would not be reading through this. Not saying that it’s okay to shit on these kids, but I see twitter as the place where these kids would go to get the vide of fan bases of teams.
That makes me curious, what would be the average age of posters? I’d guess 45

Probably a little lower. There's more people in their 20s on here than you'd imagine. Everyone I know roughly my age that's a Gopher fan at least casually reads Gopherhole from time to time.

As an aside, the most hardcore Gopher fans seem to be either older than 50 or younger than 30. There seems to be a dip in the age group that went to school while we played in the dome.

Riley Mahlman was at the game vs Penn St and wearing a Gopher shirt even. Still a hard commit to UW on 247. I think PJ is just accommodating no matter what. After games PJ has gone and talked to a few different guys during handshakes he recruited that went a different direction. PJ might just value relationships created in the recruiting process.

We know PJ is a networker / connector, so maintaining good relationships can always help people out down the road years later.

Probably a little lower. There's more people in their 20s on here than you'd imagine. Everyone I know roughly my age that's a Gopher fan at least casually reads Gopherhole from time to time.

As an aside, the most hardcore Gopher fans seem to be either older than 50 or younger than 30. There seems to be a dip in the age group that went to school while we played in the dome.

I dont think thats true. I seem to remember some pretty full student sections at the dome. I dont think they just stop being fans when they graduated

Any Twin Cities kids who show up at TCF wearing red and standing on the Wisc sideline should get pelted with snow balls.

Unloyal jerks!!!

In an attempt to revive recruiting talk....

Can anyone else confirm that Kaden Johnson is announcing a commitment today (Sunday)?

Any other new news on recruiting other than the love that was lost with NDSU commits?

In an attempt to revive recruiting talk....

Can anyone else confirm that Kaden Johnson is announcing a commitment today (Sunday)?

Any other new news on recruiting other than the love that was lost with NDSU commits?

I think this was fake news. I don't see anything on the 247 site about a scheduled announcement from Kaden. Of course that doesn't mean everything either.

I think this was fake news. I don't see anything on the 247 site about a scheduled announcement from Kaden. Of course that doesn't mean everything either.

Yeah, the Kaden announcement talk wasn’t convincing, but I didn’t want to miss anything either. I guess I’m just excited for what’s next, early signing day on December 18th.

Yes Kaden will be announcing for Wisconsin in 5,4,3,2 ..................

Top Bottom