Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Possibilities for next year:
1. the defense will be worse
2. the defense will be better
3. the defense will be about the same
4. it doesn't matter because we will all be eaten by zombies

;);)I'll be sure to get back to you in two months when I will point out the error in what passes for logic in your mind. Then in eleven months we can have a nice chat about how well the D is doing without those seven guys. OK ?
If you’re not banned by then?

Sori-Morin was referenced above, and many of us have been hard on him at times. I found some testing results for Sori-Morin from high school. He’s still learning the position, but he might not be as lacking in athleticism as people think. Maybe he’s even improved some of these numbers. Either way, he’s had some good moments, and some not so good, but that’s usually going to be the case with younger players. Even Winfield has had a few plays this year that he’d probably like to have back.

Are these numbers acceptable for the position he plays? I honestly do not know. Maybe the 40 time will need to be improved upon a little if he wants a shot at the NFL. PJ clearly likes him.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/228348/mariano-sori-marin

Watch Daniel House's replay of the Iowa 40 yard pitch left in the first quarter of that game. Who has outside contain on that play? How does that fill you with confidence regarding his play now or in the future? That is the wide side of the field.

I think it was senior starter Winston DeLattiboudere.

So as the RB advanced to his left before the snap you think Winston should have been outside of him? A DE?

You think he should've crashed down on the fake that he had no chance of getting to? You think Winston and Devers are irreplaceable? Like who outside of Coughlin and Winfield are you so worried about replacing that you think we will see this huge drop off?

Nice change of topic. My original thesis statement was that it concerns me regarding next year that we will lose seven of our starting eleven and, and none of the replacements are good enough to break into the starting eleven even though, even though some of those seven are not anything like All Big Ten players. So exactly what is your argument against that thesis? Losing Coughlin, Winfield, Martin, Barber and the other three is, in total, a huge deal.

Nice change of topic. My original thesis statement was that it concerns me regarding next year that we will lose seven of our starting eleven and, and none of the replacements are good enough to break into the starting eleven even though, even though some of those seven are not anything like All Big Ten players. So exactly what is your argument against that thesis? Losing Coughlin, Winfield, Martin, Barber and the other three is, in total, a huge deal.

Change of topic? You brought it up not me. My argument is simple, players improve with time.

;);)I'll be sure to get back to you in two months when I will point out the error in what passes for logic in your mind. Then in eleven months we can have a nice chat about how well the D is doing without those seven guys. OK ?
It's not that your take is wrong, it's that the points you use to argue your point are wrong.

You think Sori-Marin is the player now that he'll be next year (and the following year). You thought Howden was slow (were proven wrong and you shifted the goal posts).

My opinion is this - - if Winfield comes back, we'll be better. We are bringing a nice corp of returning DL (Teague, Schad, Mafe, Otumweo, Dew-Treadway) and we recruited the position hard.
Our LBs will be a step down, but we played about half our season w/o Martin. I expect Oliver to be pretty solid next year.
DB - If Winfield comes back, this should be a heck of a unite with a ton of depth.

If Winfield doesn't come back, he is too hard to replace to expect a better defense (IMO).

OK. Howden is too slow. Windfield will not come back and if the replacement guys were all that good some of them would be starting now given how weak our D was today and last week. Our D next year will be an obvious weakness given all the veterans we will lose. Those are my views. Let's see who is more correct next season.

Well, I guess this is an improvement. For weeks you've been saying the Gophers lose their entire front 7 and they don't even have a "front 7", more of a front 6. At least now you're only saying they lose 7 of the starting 11. Still a major stretch, but the improvement is noted!

And did you say "thesis statement"?

Well, I guess this is an improvement. For weeks you've been saying the Gophers lose their entire front 7 and they don't even have a "front 7", more of a front 6. At least now you're only saying they lose 7 of the starting 11. Still a major stretch, but the improvement is noted!

And did you say "thesis statement"?
How is saying we will lose seven guys is a "major stretch". Three on the front line, two LB's, Williamson and Winfried. Yes, I did.

You think he should've crashed down on the fake that he had no chance of getting to? You think Winston and Devers are irreplaceable? Like who outside of Coughlin and Winfield are you so worried about replacing that you think we will see this huge drop off?

Who said "huge drop off"? You did. I did not.

OK. Howden is too slow. Windfield will not come back and if the replacement guys were all that good some of them would be starting now given how weak our D was today and last week. Our D next year will be an obvious weakness given all the veterans we will lose. Those are my views. Let's see who is more correct next season.

The D gave up 290 yards to Iowa and 223 to NW, both road games. Sure, there were some missed tackles, but to conclude they are “weak” based on those two results is a stretch.

I’ll go on the record now. I don’t think you’re a Gopher fan.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the defense is better next year. We get very little pass rush now, when Martin was out, we filled in fine. I don't think Barber is playing well at all this year.

They are apparently very excited about some of the defensive lineman they are red-shirting this year.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the defense is better.
Agree that the defense has a great chance to be better. It sounds like the freshmen d-linemen have the chance to be one of the better groups we’ve ever had.

We also rotate 8-9 d-linemen this year, so we will get a ton of returning production. Schad, Teague and Otomewo play almost as much as the “starters” and I actually think we’ll be better up front.
Winfield leaving would be the biggest loss, but there is likely a future star in Nubin behind him.

The D gave up 290 yards to Iowa and 223 to NW, both road games. Sure, there were some missed tackles, but to conclude they are “weak” based on those two results is a stretch.

I’ll go on the record now. I don’t think you’re a Gopher fan.
For posting what he thinks ? Exactly what qualifies as a Gopher fan ?

For posting what he thinks ? Exactly what qualifies as a Gopher fan ?

The timing of his account creation and the nature of his posts points to trolling. He will be banned within a couple months.

What happened? Aren't there any more 2020 recruits to talk about?

Does anyone know exactly how many open 2020 scholies there are?

And here I thought there was some recent Gopher recruiting news. I should have known that another pissing match was taking place.

Itayvion Brown is now a composite 4 star on 247

I am surprised Ky Thomas hasn't moved to 4-Stars yet.

Top Bottom